Do Woodson need a new rotation & scheme vs the Indiana Pacers in a series?

Kiyaman

Legend
Did coach Woodson learn anything about the Knicks in the Boston Celtics playoff series?
we will find the answer within the Knicks vs Pacers series.

Will Woodson run the same rotation he used on Boston vs the Indiana Pacers?
I would not advise it, the Pacers are a strong rebounding team vs a weak rebounding Boston team.

Knicks 6 game series over Boston
we shot 41% fg on 33-80 fga, 8-24 3's, 14-18 FT, 42 rbds, 15 ast, 12 TO, 10 stl, 4 blks, 21 fouls, averaging 88 points per game in a 6 game series.

Indiana Pacers 6 game series over Atlanta Hawks
they shot 42% fg on 33-79 fga, 6-21 3's, 23-29 ft, 50 rbds, 20 ast, 15 TO, 7 stl, 5 blk, 24 fouls, averaging 96 points per game in a 6 game series.

The Knicks will have to add Camby & Copeland for 14 minute of playingtime per game in the series vs Pacers. Why?
We need a 9+ man rotation vs Pacers with 4 solid rebounding bigmen to share fouls to keep our 4th qtr. winning bigmen (Tyson & Martin) free from foul trouble.
It would be nice to have Amare as Melo's backup in this series. Why?
Carmelo Anthony is not a 40 minute player vs the Pacers, Melo's defense is to damn weak vs George & West.
Felton had it real easy with Boston not having a real veteran experience PG in their rotation.
Plus Boston only played 7 players in their rotation per game, where the Pacers will run 9+ players at us each game in their rotation.
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

What do u K.O. members think???

metrocard

Legend
PG Felton 28 minutes - Kidd - 10 minutes Prigioni 10 minutes
G Prigioni 12 minutes Smith - 20 minutes Kidd - 16 minutes
G Shumpert 28 minutes Smith - 10 minutes Anthony - 10 minutes
FAnthony 30 minutes Martin 12 minutes
CChandler 32 minutes Martin 16 minutes

In case of foul trouble, Copeland comes in.

8-9 man rotation.

We give Indiana a lot of mismatches.

Felton is faster than George Hill, but Felton has to be aware of Hibbert. Hibbert >>>>>> Garnett/Bass in terms of interior defense. If Felton can hit his mid range jumper, it'll save us from trouble because I don't see Ray Ray getting easy lay ups like he did against Boston.

Prigioni/Kidd are grown men and Stephenson will get exposed even tho Lance is a very talented PG/SG with tight handles and a smooth game. Expect Prigs and Kidd to play superior defense and hit open shots.

DJ Augustin isn't a threat but he can hit a 3 even after his worst season in the NBA.

Sam Young is an excellent defender and can be pesky on offense because he has good shot selection and will be open since we'll be focusing guarding Hill, Hibbert, George and West.

West will be the biggest problem this series.

He's a fake tough guy and he'll be matched up with Melo.

Melo will take a beating in battling with West but Melo is superior in footspeed and will conquer West if he can take West out to the perimeter and drive by him to the basket or for the mid range pull up.

Melo should box out like how Shumpert has been boxing out (superb and really a blessing, Shumpert is such a good rebounder now).

We match up well against Indi.

George is streaky, so if we can shut down West and leave the offense to Hibbert and Hill we'll end this series in 6.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
We're gonna need Copeland and Kmart to play a lot of minutes. We need the size because the pacers will out rebound us. I'm hoping Amare will be good to go so he can help out on the boards and production in the paint.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Did coach Woodson learn anything about the Knicks in the Boston Celtics playoff series?
we will find the answer within the Knicks vs Pacers series.

Will Woodson run the same rotation he used on Boston vs the Indiana Pacers?
I would not advise it, the Pacers are a strong rebounding team vs a weak rebounding Boston team.

Knicks 6 game series over Boston
we shot 41% fg on 33-80 fga, 8-24 3's, 14-18 FT, 42 rbds, 15 ast, 12 TO, 10 stl, 4 blks, 21 fouls, averaging 88 points per game in a 6 game series.

Indiana Pacers 6 game series over Atlanta Hawks
they shot 42% fg on 33-79 fga, 6-21 3's, 23-29 ft, 50 rbds, 20 ast, 15 TO, 7 stl, 5 blk, 24 fouls, averaging 96 points per game in a 6 game series.

The Knicks will have to add Camby & Copeland for 14 minute of playingtime per game in the series vs Pacers. Why?
We need a 9+ man rotation vs Pacers with 4 solid rebounding bigmen to share fouls to keep our 4th qtr. winning bigmen (Tyson & Martin) free from foul trouble.
It would be nice to have Amare as Melo's backup in this series. Why?
Carmelo Anthony is not a 40 minute player vs the Pacers, Melo's defense is to damn weak vs George & West.
Felton had it real easy with Boston not having a real veteran experience PG in their rotation.
Plus Boston only played 7 players in their rotation per game, where the Pacers will run 9+ players at us each game in their rotation.
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

What do u K.O. members think???
Excellant right on analysis....1. We need Amare for rebounding and to protect against foul trouble and surely Copeland must calm down to get some time. I even have 12 min for Novak in the first half.
Actually we match up well with Indiana and I say Knicks in 6 only because of Home Court advantage. I am sttill not recovered from the Celtic 20 to 0 run. My predictive confidence has been reduced. Believe me it will be an EMERGENCY to see Camby get more than 10 min.....

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
amare will be back by game 3, so our front line shud be alright, though i dont like the idea of an injured melo guarding any pf's or c's

Kiyaman

Legend
Woody did a wise move by adding Copeland to the 2nd unit lineup of Martin, JR, Kidd in Game-2 .. it threw the Pacers a curve ball in the first-half.

I want Amare in this series vs Pacers, but I still cant see Amare accepting Melo & JR selfish-ballhoggin performance in the same lineup with him .. especially in a playoff series.

Novak is a catch n shoot player thats always moving without the ball .. how come Jared Jefferies could provide Novak with a double-screen for open jumper worth $16M for 4 yrs, and Woody, Melo, and JR calling the shots on the ball all season made Novak's worth look less than minimum wage.

Novak's perimeter shooting could be very valuable in the Indiana series.