Round 2, Game 1: Knicks vs. Pacers (Sun 4.5.12, 3:30 pm) Happy Cinco De Mayo !

metrocard

Legend

tumblr_mmaemsdUHy1r2r5cto1_400.gif

After the Knicks brutally KO'ed the Celtics in 6 rounds...
935661_638876396139261_375729235_n.jpg

logo_newyorkknicks.gif
logo_indianapacers.gif

tumblr_ml9fooxFGn1s0kp9eo1_400.gif

Madison Square Garden
35jb1jd.jpg

5.12.13 @ 3:30 PM on ABC

Series tied 0-0

PROBABLE STARTERS

PG: Pablo Prigioni vs. George Hill
SG: Raymond Felton vs. Lance Stephenson
SF: Iman Shumpert vs. Paul George
PF: Carmelo Anthony vs. David West
C: Tyson Chandler vs. Roy Hibbert

i
i
i
i
i

i
i
i
i
i

264503_638876296139271_901191703_n.jpg

INJURY REPORT

Out: Steve Novak (back), Amar'e Stoudemire (knee), Danny Granger (knee)

Let's see the most recent matchup between Indiana vs New York this season

tumblr_mmauxyl3RI1solkx5o1_500.jpg

This is the city, this is the team, this is our championship.

Throwback Photo
tumblr_mm4qvyHTq01qzc69yo1_1280.png

tumblr_mmal7szuaK1s0tr83o1_400.gif

new-york-knicks-city-dancers-11.jpg

Happy CincoDe Mayo!!

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Roy Hibbert avg 6pts and 6reb in the 4 games against us this year
David West avg 14pts and 7reb in the 4 games against us this year

uber

Benchwarmer
After finally getting out of the 1st round this should take some pressure of Melo and the rest of the guys.

bigapple

Starter
never seen korean chick in Knicks shirt

knicks cant loose any from 1st two game @ home and they have to win 1 in Indy.

Wow, brutal loss for the Nets last night against a short-handed Bulls team. Funny how a couple days ago Knicks' haters were saying come tomorrow, we'd be the only Atlantic team not still playing. Now, as it turns out, we're the only one still standing. Knicks, Pacers, Bulls, and Heat left in the mix in the East, welcome back to the 1990s.

Pacers are a tough team that has been consistently underrated for 2 seasons now. If both teams play their best basketball, this could be the series of the playoffs right here. We need to come out and play like we did those 1st 3 games against the Celtics or risk letting Indiana steal home court away from us from the start. We can do this. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
Looking forward to this series, it should be as hard fought as when we met the Pacers in the 90's.

Game 1 may be pivotal, beat the Pacers in 7 games when we won game 1 in 1994 in EC finals.

We lost game 1 in 1995 when they beat us in 7 games in the 2nd round of the playoffs that year.

Just looked it up, given all the hype Knicks-Pacers rivalry is getting right now on ESPN. We have played the Pacers 6 times in the playoffs, all between 1993 and 2000. We've won 3, they've won 3. They lead us 18 to 17 in all-time playoff games. Let's get this era off to the right start today.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Good Post...I totally agree. I see a 50-50% Predication from different sources...Knicks +5 for today. Yet all the predictors say a 6-7 game Series. So that means the Knicks must win in INDIANA. For Some reason if the Knicks play well...move the ball..get it to Melo in the Flow rather than the ISO **** from both MELO and JR but less from Melo we can be all right. To that end the knicks need to use a swarming D from the giddyap. If we win today "we goin be alright"; that's Hebrew..

metrocard

Legend
Just looked it up, given all the hype Knicks-Pacers rivalry is getting right now on ESPN. We have played the Pacers 6 times in the playoffs, all between 1993 and 2000. We've won 3, they've won 3. They lead us 18 to 17 in all-time playoff games. Let's get this era off to the right start today.

Good information there...it's pretty much up to us now to be the superior franchise in this rivalry.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Ahhhhhh. Can you dig it?!

Knicks in the 2nd round. Can't wait for this game. I'm gonna watch the Grizz-OKC game in the mean time. That series is also brewing up to be a physical, gritty, and damn good playoff series. :cool:

metrocard

Legend
Alright I know I ain't Crazy8 with the game thread, but give a dude some love. I spent 20 minutes on that one. lol

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Friggin PUMPED!!!!!

All those old highlights of Starks head butting Miller has got me jacked for this rivalry renewal (I don't blame Starks....I woulda caught Miller in the chin with an uppercut myself LOL).

Lets go KNICKS!!! Tyson and Martin gotta be our Oak and Mason today and throughout the series.

Sent from my LG-P999

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't realize we played the Pacers that many times in the 90's. Looked up all 6 series and it looks like whoever won game 1 was the eventual winner of the series.

Kiyaman

Legend
Metro .... its been a long-long time since watching Knicks Basketball in the 2nd-round ....

Aiite .. Metro getting his DO .. the first "Game-Thread" of the 2nd round since DAMN 2000!!!

Who da HELL messin with my machine!!!