Round 2, Game 1: Knicks vs. Pacers (Sun 4.5.12, 3:30 pm) Happy Cinco De Mayo !

metrocard

Legend
Playoffs arent over and Melo is 28...he has about 5-7 prime years left in his career to add to playoff resume...isn't it too soon to call him the worst playoff performer in NBA history?

Melo has shown he has passing ability and can make his teammates better. It's just a matter of tendency to do it. Durant came to the NBA as a straight 6"9 Jamal Crawford chucker but diversify his game and now he averages over 4 assist a game. Same thing happen to Paul George. Melo has been averaging over 3 assist per game for his career which is slightly above average for SF/PF position.

I can argue you easily, but it's not worth it. It's easy for you to call Melo out when he's playing bad. But when Melo is scoring 40 points you won't be anywhere to be seen. Difference is, I show up when Melo plays like crap or plays like a demi-God. I'm here whether my opinion gets proved wrong or right...as long as you're honest, you will hold the truest version of yourself and I don't you're a truthful person and mean the things you write because of your timing on coming into this forum.

You're gonna troll on Melo when he's playing at his worst?
Man, that must of been really difficult for you to do.

metrocard

Legend
AlexKennedyNBA The Knicks have never won a playoff series after losing Game 1 at home (0-5 in those series). Last time it happened was 1995, also vs. Indy.

AlexKennedyNBA The Knicks have never won a playoff series after losing Game 1 at home (0-5 in those series). Last time it happened was 1995, also vs. Indy.

They were probably worse team in those series.

Knicks/Pacers are very evenly matched overall. Truthfully, betting on Knicks to win series is probably not a bad bet.

Was fairly close game, even with Melo and Smith ****ting enough bricks to build a mansion.

Granted, you are getting the BEST of Felton you could hope for. However, if Melo/JR heat up, you shouldn't be living/dying on Felton either way.

1) If Woodson were to ever be capable of adjusting, the time is NOW. If he doesn't adjust now, he never will. And he couldn't have a better opportunity to adjust. NYK have more firepower and talent; win Game 2, and confidence and momentum is suddenly in NYK favor.

2) Same goes for Melo. No game is ever do or die for a player as already accredited as Melo, but you will learn a lot about him in Game 2. If you believe in Melo, you should believe he will rise to the occasion.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
They were probably worse team in those series.

Knicks/Pacers are very evenly matched overall. Truthfully, betting on Knicks to win series is probably not a bad bet.

Was fairly close game, even with Melo and Smith ****ting enough bricks to build a mansion.

Granted, you are getting the BEST of Felton you could hope for. However, if Melo/JR heat up, you shouldn't be living/dying on Felton either way.

1) If Woodson were to ever be capable of adjusting, the time is NOW. If he doesn't adjust now, he never will. And he couldn't have a better opportunity to adjust. NYK have more firepower and talent; win Game 2, and confidence and momentum is suddenly in NYK favor.

2) Same goes for Melo. No game is ever do or die for a player as already accredited as Melo, but you will learn a lot about him in Game 2. If you believe in Melo, you should believe he will rise to the occasion.
Couldn't agree with you more on both points. However, with relying soley on Felton, you shouldn't be relying on any ONE player on a team anyhow. Even Lebron can't win a championship on his own.

Last edited:
Playoffs arent over and Melo is 28...he has about 5-7 prime years left in his career to add to playoff resume...isn't it too soon to call him the worst playoff performer in NBA history?

So far he is when you compare his stats from Reg season to Playoffs. So far he is, as a "superstar"

Melo has shown he has passing ability and can make his teammates better. It's just a matter of tendency to do it.

Showing that he can do it and ACTUALLY doing it are completely different. What's a talent if you don't use it? Useless .He is averaging 1.4 assists this post-season. You just pointed out his low b-ball IQ btw.

Durant came to the NBA as a straight 6"9 Jamal Crawford chucker but diversify his game and now he averages over 4 assist a game. Same thing happen to Paul George. Melo has been averaging over 3 assist per game for his career which is slightly above average for SF/PF position.

Durant is 24 and came in the league in 07. Melo has been here since Wade and Lebron, yet has gone nowhere. You can post his Reg season stats all you want. But come playoff time. He is horrible. And you're a witness.

I can argue you easily, but it's not worth it. It's easy for you to call Melo out when he's playing bad. But when Melo is scoring 40 points you won't be anywhere to be seen. Difference is, I show up when Melo plays like crap or plays like a demi-God. I'm here whether my opinion gets proved wrong or right...as long as you're honest, you will hold the truest version of yourself and I don't you're a truthful person and mean the things you write because of your timing on coming into this forum.

No you can't argue and you won't because you can't find any information to do so.

You're gonna troll on Melo when he's playing at his worst?
Man, that must of been really difficult for you to do.

When it comes to playoffs, thats when Melo IS at his worst. In his 10 year career he's been out the first round twice. Absolutely terrible.

Why does he play "so good" in Reg season but he crumbles instantly when the pressure is on? I though he was an MVP cantidate?

Melo is taking you guys fishing.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Melo is taking you guys fishing.
Melo is with us regardless, no point in talking **** at the moment. Why are you on this board if your not a knicks fan? Anyways, one more thing I want to say about the last game. Woody needs to trust the bench more, I'm surprised Camby and Novak didn't even get out on the floor.

metrocard

Legend
Troll, Melo is a top 3-5 player. What he does in the playoffs won't change his ranking. Melo came in third in MVP votes this season. He's a top 3 player...so whatever you say is a total reach.

1.8 assist in what, 7 games? Small sample size.

Melo always been a 3 assist per game guy, in the regular season and in the playoffs. Your argument is a 2LB dumbbell. You need to add more weight on it because it's seriously lackness. You're not presenting ground breaking information in saying Melo is a primary scorer and will shoot before he passes. We already know this, move on. It's won us more games than hurt us.

A top 3-5 player doesn't have a low IQ. No one is LeBron James or Tim Duncan, but Carmelo Anthony isn't Josh Selby. Get your ranking right, numbnuts. Melo's court awareness is good. Melo doesn't use his talent? He just had a top 2-3 player performance this season and is just entering his prime.

Can you consider Melo is nursing recent shoulder pain and has been plagued with injuries and pain all season long? When KG hurt Melo's arm, if you saw the game you would of seen how it affected Melo's motor patterns. He couldn't even make a lay up in the remaining minutes of that game. The leading scorer in the NBA struggling to make a lay up, and a jackass like you would blame it on Melo being a cancer and having low IQ. A slimey simple minded hater like you won't see logic and common sense in a situation like this. Everything you say is a stretch and a bum dude like you will check a box score instead of having the balls to watch a game. You lack balls and heart. If you saw the game, you would of witness Melo get hacked and no calls from refs. Melo did everything he can do especially with driving to the basket...but a lot of his FGA that were missed were shots that should of landed him on the charity stripe. You don't watch Knicks basketball so you don't know what the F U C K is being discussed. Next time you come into this forum, you better come with a clean perspective instead of some lazy ass ESPN check the box score analysis.

Melo in the 4th quarter was attacking the high pick and roll and it was opening up everything. Theres no question Melo's ability to create havoc on offense, whether it ends in an assist or a bucket for Melo. Understand when you get the ball with 14 seconds left and pass it then get it back with 5-7 seconds left what do you expect him do pass it again. If he passes it once and the ball ends up back in his hands there isn't much time left to think about passing it again. Melo hasn't been passing because elite defenses like Indy and Boston use a soft double against him. Nobody is open when he's iso'ing. He needs to make teams pay for not doubling by hitting those pull-up J's. That's really our only hope. There's no evidence that we can beat elite teams without Melo playing at an MVP level. Imagine you replaced Melo with Rudy Gay (which sums up how he's been playing over the last few games). On paper, is that a team you'd ever imagine beating Indy? No.

Slimey repitilian dudes like you remind me of guys who hate on Floyd Mayweather. Mayweather already established himself as a Hall of Famer at 130lbs. But people keep demanding him to prove himself when he didn't need to. Mayweather dominated every weight class all the way up to 154 at age 36.

Melo has been clutch his entire life. For you to question his ability to close out games and say he crumbles instantly makes you the biggest jackass in this sites history since George M, the 1 and only, Kolergo and JUNIOR MINTS.

Troll, Melo is a top 3-5 player. What he does in the playoffs won't change his ranking. Melo came in third in MVP votes this season. He's a top 3 player...so whatever you say is a total reach.

1.8 assist in what, 7 games? Small sample size.

Melo always been a 3 assist per game guy, in the regular season and in the playoffs. Your argument is a 2LB dumbbell. You need to add more weight on it because it's seriously lackness. You're not presenting ground breaking information in saying Melo is a primary scorer and will shoot before he passes. We already know this, move on. It's won us more games than hurt us.

A top 3-5 player doesn't have a low IQ. No one is LeBron James or Tim Duncan, but Carmelo Anthony isn't Josh Selby. Get your ranking right, numbnuts. Melo's court awareness is good. Melo doesn't use his talent? He just had a top 2-3 player performance this season and is just entering his prime.

Can you consider Melo is nursing recent shoulder pain and has been plagued with injuries and pain all season long? When KG hurt Melo's arm, if you saw the game you would of seen how it affected Melo's motor patterns. He couldn't even make a lay up in the remaining minutes of that game. The leading scorer in the NBA struggling to make a lay up, and a jackass like you would blame it on Melo being a cancer and having low IQ. A slimey simple minded hater like you won't see logic and common sense in a situation like this. Everything you say is a stretch and a bum dude like you will check a box score instead of having the balls to watch a game. You lack balls and heart. If you saw the game, you would of witness Melo get hacked and no calls from refs. Melo did everything he can do especially with driving to the basket...but a lot of his FGA that were missed were shots that should of landed him on the charity stripe. You don't watch Knicks basketball so you don't know what the F U C K is being discussed. Next time you come into this forum, you better come with a clean perspective instead of some lazy ass ESPN check the box score analysis.

Melo in the 4th quarter was attacking the high pick and roll and it was opening up everything. Theres no question Melo's ability to create havoc on offense, whether it ends in an assist or a bucket for Melo. Understand when you get the ball with 14 seconds left and pass it then get it back with 5-7 seconds left what do you expect him do pass it again. If he passes it once and the ball ends up back in his hands there isn't much time left to think about passing it again. Melo hasn't been passing because elite defenses like Indy and Boston use a soft double against him. Nobody is open when he's iso'ing. He needs to make teams pay for not doubling by hitting those pull-up J's. That's really our only hope. There's no evidence that we can beat elite teams without Melo playing at an MVP level. Imagine you replaced Melo with Rudy Gay (which sums up how he's been playing over the last few games). On paper, is that a team you'd ever imagine beating Indy? No.

Slimey repitilian dudes like you remind me of guys who hate on Floyd Mayweather. Mayweather already established himself as a Hall of Famer at 130lbs. But people keep demanding him to prove himself when he didn't need to. Mayweather dominated every weight class all the way up to 154 at age 36.

Melo has been clutch his entire life. For you to question his ability to close out games and say he crumbles instantly makes you the biggest jackass in this sites history since George M, the 1 and only, Kolergo and JUNIOR MINTS.

Like I said before Im talking about playoffs. Plaaaayyofffs. How ****ing dumb are you? Check his ****ing playoff stats come back a little smarter. Dumbass. Btw everyone has a clutch moments video....Melo's been here 10 years I'd hope to god he has one.

Melo and Playoffs = Disaster that's what I was saying...and you come in talking regular season trash. I'm talking about P-L-A-Y-O-F-F-S. Melo is GARRRRBAGE in PLAAAAAAAAAAYOFFS.

Get it through your thick ****ing dumbass skull. Idiot.

url

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You misfire badly, woman. Whoosh. i suggest boosting your testosterone levels to keep you more level headed. Or read my posts, to get some perspective and knowledge.

Hazy8's is swagless. That troll account obv ain't me. Take a page from Mr Metro and others on how to rep your team like a man.

(and as i said elsewhere, i'm not coming from position of hate but love..and my honest opinion on what I see. but outta respect for TRUE NYK fans and the heated passions that come during playoff wars, i won't say **** on any of this stuff till playoffs over)

Could it be ANY more obvious that this is Metrotard? I mean come on. The ****ing moron is so stupid that he even uses the same obsessive sh-t on his dupe account. :lol: testosterone - woman - and so on.

You're an idiot metrocard.

I can't believe you'd go so far as to create a second account just to prove it to us any further.

:whatever:

People like to say Melo gets robbed of calls...but he actually gets a lot of favorable calls his way. The thing is, he BLATANTLY barrels into his defender and initiates all the contact. All the elbow swinging and yelling in the world won't change that. He does what LeBron is accused of ten times more frequently, and especially with the rule of verticality on defense being emphasized, the refs won't give him fouls. He just doesn't know how to draw fouls.

Meanwhile, he gets protected himself from committing fouls more than anyone else. On defense, he blatantly slaps, pulls, and shoves players...no call. For rebounds, he blatantly commits a ton of loose ball fouls and over the backs...no call. He finally got called for his fouls today, and the result was he sat on the bench with foul trouble. That could literally happen to him every game.

It's really tiring to hear about how Melo is constantly robbed, when the defense is just playing him well, and when he never gets called for fouls he commits.

bigapple

Starter
poit is MELO dont have real experience in playoffs he was playing for 8 years in Denver and just once been in conference finals which lost to Lakers and check roster Martin Smith Billups. It was only yeat that Melo playing in conf finals.Most 1st round Nuggets lost 0-4 or 1-4.

Knicks problem will be Chandler his numbers really went down.

Martin Kidd Chandler Camby only current active player that know what means playoffs .

I dont think STAT will help us even if he will start from bench game 3.

metrocard

Legend
Crazy⑧s;270082 said:
Could it be ANY more obvious that this is Metrotard? I mean come on. The ****ing moron is so stupid that he even uses the same obsessive sh-t on his dupe account. :lol: testosterone - woman - and so on.

You're an idiot metrocard.

I can't believe you'd go so far as to create a second account just to prove it to us any further.

:whatever:

you're so predictable in saying that.
epic fail, especially since Thunder punked you and you had no comeback. You're soft and sweet mate.
btw rady can check the IP address and show you it isn't me.
don't be mad.

metrocard

Legend
Like I said before Im talking about playoffs. Plaaaayyofffs. How ****ing dumb are you? Check his ****ing playoff stats come back a little smarter. Dumbass. Btw everyone has a clutch moments video....Melo's been here 10 years I'd hope to god he has one.

Melo and Playoffs = Disaster that's what I was saying...and you come in talking regular season trash. I'm talking about P-L-A-Y-O-F-F-S. Melo is GARRRRBAGE in PLAAAAAAAAAAYOFFS.

Get it through your thick ****ing dumbass skull. Idiot.

url

You said nothing in this post.

1. Playoffs: Melo still averages 24/7/3. Only problem is his FG shooting he's struggled with.
2. Melo has been proven to be an elite clutch scorer, he ranks amongst the elite. Every season and more than anyone you can find.
3. The worst momment of your mother's life was when you spawn and came out crawling her foul furburger.
4. You don't watch Anthony play, so whats the point of talking about him? You only came here to hate, troll and fail at explaining your opinion. You got shut down in this debate, took an L and rage quit by writing a post that looks like it was written by Stephen A Smith. Poor rage and ignorance. I own you.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
you're so predictable in saying that.
epic fail, especially since Thunder punked you and you had no comeback. You're soft and sweet mate.
btw rady can check the IP address and show you it isn't me.
don't be mad.

Stop lying. Phones and PCs have different IPs. Nice try moron. Get back on your dingy.

Kiyaman

Legend
uncall 4 bullshiiiii

Crazy⑧s;270095 said:
Stop lying. Phones and PCs have different IPs. Nice try moron. Get back on your dingy.

Watup Crazy .... u n Metro need to cut the school boy shiiii out .. thats 4 the youth who have the right to wear their pants hangin down to get pass their virginity. Grown men should kno better ........

metrocard

Legend
Great post from RealGM

1.) He is injured. Frankly, he gets injured too much but at least he isn't a pvssy about it. He goes out there and plays through injuries, almost to a fault because he gets crucified for poor shooting when he does it, but at least he cares enough about his team to put their success above his health. Playing at the 4 means more wear and tear for his body, so that's a reasonable explanation for the nagging injuries he had midseason and now.

Why is he playing 4, might I add? Because...

2.) His second option, STAT, is always injured, ESPECIALLY in the postseason. Melo doesn't have a single legitimate scoring option on his team besides himself. JR Smith, the guy everyone thought fit the role of second option is shooting worse from the field than Melo right now. Felton has been playing out of his mind the last few games, but he sees reduced pressure from defenses due to the attention Melo receives. Melo should definitely move the ball more, but the shots he is taking are Melo shots. They aren't terrible looks, they are looks he normally converts at a 44-45% clip on average.

You guys make it sound as if he is chucking up terrible shots left and right, when in reality...

3.) When his jumpshots aren't falling, he adapts and attacks the basket more frequently. Unfortunately, he doesn't get anywhere near as much generosity from refs as guys like Durant and Harden. Hibbert slapped him in the face last game on a ferocious dunk attempt and the refs didn't so much as flinch. Hansborough bashed him on the head on a hard drive and the refs didn't even review it to put flagrant status into consideration. There were a sh*tload of questionable drives with heavy contact that all went in Indiana's favor, until remarkably in the 4th quarter the refs decided to make a game of it when Indy had a near 15 point lead and called things a bit more evenly and moreso in the Knicks favor. That's why Melo had 0 free throw attempts through 3 quarters in the last game, despite attacking the basket more than 8 times.

4.) Thus far in the playoffs, he has played two elite defenses that effectively pack the paint and have an anchor to shadow all of his drives. These are literally two of the top 3 defenses that play him the best (along with maybe Chicago). Of course he is going to struggle when JR Smith disappeared.

So, to sum it up, for a scorer to go up against elite defenses with a clearly bothersome shoulder injury with only one other scoring threat on the team and perform up to par is a feat only Durant and LeBron can dream of achieving, and they are on a tier far above Melo. Is Melo inexcusable? Hell no. He should take on the role of a facilitator. I don't understand why he isn't passing as much as he did in the regular season. He had 5 assists in Game 6 against the Celtics because he played more as a decoy to the Felton P&R. Seems like Woodson should push it in that direction and try to get Melo better looks and on the move.

Regardless, it wasn't the Knicks offense that lost Game 1. 95 points is enough to beat Indiana. It was their defense that allowed an offensively challenged team to get to 102.

p0nder

Starter
^really co-signing on this^

This was a heart breaker. We desperately need to do more. The game looked a lot like game 5 of the Boston series with the team walking up and down the court. Melo is not in '2-way-player' mode and needs to put in a lot better effort on the defensive end. He needs to stay out of foul trouble and really start knocking down these shots on offense, especially the open and uncontested ones. J.R. is a better catch and shoot player then he is creating his shot off the dribble, I would like to see more plays run for him as a catch and shoot guy. He creates his shot off the dribble when driving the lane and going for the lay-up which he needs to do more of. He's not the mismatch that Melo is and really shouldn't be an "iso" offensive guy. They need to go right at T.Hansbourough and West and try to get them in foul trouble early. Tyler is especially physical and if he's put on Melo will get into foul trouble.

The knicks run the Iso-Play for melo to try and get him the match-up he wants. It's not really a bad play against a lot of teams as Melo is a mismatch for both bigger PF types like West and the smaller SF's as well and can make his shot against anyone 1-on-1. I just think we run that play way too often and it makes the offense predictable. He gets doubled and trippled but often takes a contested shot anyway instead of passing off. We need to run more plays and have pigroni/Martin/Smith/Shump/Chandler make more. I think that felton should be given the green light to penetrate the defense whenever he wants to kick it out. I think our best play's against indiana were off of the pick'n'roll that felton did a lot of and two of the best plays of the game were felton to K-mart in the pick'n'roll.

It was a dissapointing loss but there were several bright parts and things we can build off of in the series. I was most disapointed in the MSG crowd though. It was deathly quiet for the entire first qtr by MSG standards and I think the Knicks feed off of the neergy at home. To let one slip away at home was a mistake and the fans need to take some accountability here too.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Great post from RealGM

+++3 agreed. And let me add since the Pacers are considered an "elite" defense, they got what JVG called yesterday the"benefit of the doubt". Which means they were allowed to beat the crap out of Melo yesterday. I might consider inserting JR into the starting lineup to "dive bomb" Hibbert and force him into foul trouble.

jimkcchief88

All Star
^really co-signing on this^

This was a heart breaker. We desperately need to do more. The game looked a lot like game 5 of the Boston series with the team walking up and down the court. Melo is not in '2-way-player' mode and needs to put in a lot better effort on the defensive end. He needs to stay out of foul trouble and really start knocking down these shots on offense, especially the open and uncontested ones. J.R. is a better catch and shoot player then he is creating his shot off the dribble, I would like to see more plays run for him as a catch and shoot guy. He creates his shot off the dribble when driving the lane and going for the lay-up which he needs to do more of. He's not the mismatch that Melo is and really shouldn't be an "iso" offensive guy. They need to go right at T.Hansbourough and West and try to get them in foul trouble early. Tyler is especially physical and if he's put on Melo will get into foul trouble.

The knicks run the Iso-Play for melo to try and get him the match-up he wants. It's not really a bad play against a lot of teams as Melo is a mismatch for both bigger PF types like West and the smaller SF's as well and can make his shot against anyone 1-on-1. I just think we run that play way too often and it makes the offense predictable. He gets doubled and trippled but often takes a contested shot anyway instead of passing off. We need to run more plays and have pigroni/Martin/Smith/Shump/Chandler make more. I think that felton should be given the green light to penetrate the defense whenever he wants to kick it out. I think our best play's against indiana were off of the pick'n'roll that felton did a lot of and two of the best plays of the game were felton to K-mart in the pick'n'roll.

It was a dissapointing loss but there were several bright parts and things we can build off of in the series. I was most disapointed in the MSG crowd though. It was deathly quiet for the entire first qtr by MSG standards and I think the Knicks feed off of the neergy at home. To let one slip away at home was a mistake and the fans need to take some accountability here too.

My fav was how the crowd "rushed" out of MSG with a minute left and the game still in question. Must have been trying to beat the traffic. Stark contrast to OKC crowd decked to a man in playoff blue t-shirts cheering to the end as the Thunder stole that game. My take is the "Woody Allen" crowd aren't the real fans, just want to tell thier friends they were at the game Sunday because it was the OT ticket thing to do. Have't been many meaningful playoff games in MSG in the past decade. Outside of the " these refs suck" chant that was a lame a** crowd:(