Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Round 2, Game 1: Knicks vs. Pacers (Sun 4.5.12, 3:30 pm) Happy Cinco De Mayo !

Banned

People like to say Melo gets robbed of calls...but he actually gets a lot of favorable calls his way. The thing is, he BLATANTLY barrels into his defender and initiates all the contact. All the elbow swinging and yelling in the world won't change that. He does what LeBron is accused of ten times more frequently, and especially with the rule of verticality on defense being emphasized, the refs won't give him fouls. He just doesn't know how to draw fouls.

Meanwhile, he gets protected himself from committing fouls more than anyone else. On defense, he blatantly slaps, pulls, and shoves players...no call. For rebounds, he blatantly commits a ton of loose ball fouls and over the backs...no call. He finally got called for his fouls today, and the result was he sat on the bench with foul trouble. That could literally happen to him every game.

It's really tiring to hear about how Melo is constantly robbed, when the defense is just playing him well, and when he never gets called for fouls he commits.

poit is MELO dont have real experience in playoffs he was playing for 8 years in Denver and just once been in conference finals which lost to Lakers and check roster Martin Smith Billups. It was only yeat that Melo playing in conf finals.Most 1st round Nuggets lost 0-4 or 1-4.

Knicks problem will be Chandler his numbers really went down.

Martin Kidd Chandler Camby only current active player that know what means playoffs .

I dont think STAT will help us even if he will start from bench game 3.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Could it be ANY more obvious that this is Metrotard? I mean come on. The ****ing moron is so stupid that he even uses the same obsessive sh-t on his dupe account. testosterone - woman - and so on.

You're an idiot metrocard.

I can't believe you'd go so far as to create a second account just to prove it to us any further.

you're so predictable in saying that.
    epic fail, especially since Thunder punked you and you had no comeback. You're soft and sweet mate.
    btw rady can check the IP address and show you it isn't me.
    don't be mad.

12th man

Originally Posted by SorryyouhaveMelo
    Like I said before Im talking about playoffs. Plaaaayyofffs. How ****ing dumb are you? Check his ****ing playoff stats come back a little smarter. Dumbass. Btw everyone has a clutch moments video....Melo's been here 10 years I'd hope to god he has one.

Melo and Playoffs = Disaster that's what I was saying...and you come in talking regular season trash. I'm talking about P-L-A-Y-O-F-F-S. Melo is GARRRRBAGE in PLAAAAAAAAAAYOFFS.

Get it through your thick ****ing dumbass skull. Idiot.

You said nothing in this post.

1. Playoffs: Melo still averages 24/7/3. Only problem is his FG shooting he's struggled with.
    2. Melo has been proven to be an elite clutch scorer, he ranks amongst the elite. Every season and more than anyone you can find.
    3. The worst momment of your mother's life was when you spawn and came out crawling her foul furburger.
    4. You don't watch Anthony play, so whats the point of talking about him? You only came here to hate, troll and fail at explaining your opinion. You got shut down in this debate, took an L and rage quit by writing a post that looks like it was written by Stephen A Smith. Poor rage and ignorance. I own you.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    you're so predictable in saying that.
    epic fail, especially since Thunder punked you and you had no comeback. You're soft and sweet mate.
    btw rady can check the IP address and show you it isn't me.
    don't be mad.
    Stop lying. Phones and PCs have different IPs. Nice try moron. Get back on your dingy.

Veteran

Rumor uncall 4 bullshiiiii

Stop lying. Phones and PCs have different IPs. Nice try moron. Get back on your dingy.

Watup Crazy .... u n Metro need to cut the school boy shiiii out .. thats 4 the youth who have the right to wear their pants hangin down to get pass their virginity. Grown men should kno better ........

12th man

Great post from RealGM

1.) He is injured. Frankly, he gets injured too much but at least he isn't a pvssy about it. He goes out there and plays through injuries, almost to a fault because he gets crucified for poor shooting when he does it, but at least he cares enough about his team to put their success above his health. Playing at the 4 means more wear and tear for his body, so that's a reasonable explanation for the nagging injuries he had midseason and now.

Why is he playing 4, might I add? Because...

2.) His second option, STAT, is always injured, ESPECIALLY in the postseason. Melo doesn't have a single legitimate scoring option on his team besides himself. JR Smith, the guy everyone thought fit the role of second option is shooting worse from the field than Melo right now. Felton has been playing out of his mind the last few games, but he sees reduced pressure from defenses due to the attention Melo receives. Melo should definitely move the ball more, but the shots he is taking are Melo shots. They aren't terrible looks, they are looks he normally converts at a 44-45% clip on average.

You guys make it sound as if he is chucking up terrible shots left and right, when in reality...

3.) When his jumpshots aren't falling, he adapts and attacks the basket more frequently. Unfortunately, he doesn't get anywhere near as much generosity from refs as guys like Durant and Harden. Hibbert slapped him in the face last game on a ferocious dunk attempt and the refs didn't so much as flinch. Hansborough bashed him on the head on a hard drive and the refs didn't even review it to put flagrant status into consideration. There were a sh*tload of questionable drives with heavy contact that all went in Indiana's favor, until remarkably in the 4th quarter the refs decided to make a game of it when Indy had a near 15 point lead and called things a bit more evenly and moreso in the Knicks favor. That's why Melo had 0 free throw attempts through 3 quarters in the last game, despite attacking the basket more than 8 times.

4.) Thus far in the playoffs, he has played two elite defenses that effectively pack the paint and have an anchor to shadow all of his drives. These are literally two of the top 3 defenses that play him the best (along with maybe Chicago). Of course he is going to struggle when JR Smith disappeared.

So, to sum it up, for a scorer to go up against elite defenses with a clearly bothersome shoulder injury with only one other scoring threat on the team and perform up to par is a feat only Durant and LeBron can dream of achieving, and they are on a tier far above Melo. Is Melo inexcusable? Hell no. He should take on the role of a facilitator. I don't understand why he isn't passing as much as he did in the regular season. He had 5 assists in Game 6 against the Celtics because he played more as a decoy to the Felton P&R. Seems like Woodson should push it in that direction and try to get Melo better looks and on the move.

Regardless, it wasn't the Knicks offense that lost Game 1. 95 points is enough to beat Indiana. It was their defense that allowed an offensively challenged team to get to 102.

^really co-signing on this^

This was a heart breaker. We desperately need to do more. The game looked a lot like game 5 of the Boston series with the team walking up and down the court. Melo is not in '2-way-player' mode and needs to put in a lot better effort on the defensive end. He needs to stay out of foul trouble and really start knocking down these shots on offense, especially the open and uncontested ones. J.R. is a better catch and shoot player then he is creating his shot off the dribble, I would like to see more plays run for him as a catch and shoot guy. He creates his shot off the dribble when driving the lane and going for the lay-up which he needs to do more of. He's not the mismatch that Melo is and really shouldn't be an "iso" offensive guy. They need to go right at T.Hansbourough and West and try to get them in foul trouble early. Tyler is especially physical and if he's put on Melo will get into foul trouble.

The knicks run the Iso-Play for melo to try and get him the match-up he wants. It's not really a bad play against a lot of teams as Melo is a mismatch for both bigger PF types like West and the smaller SF's as well and can make his shot against anyone 1-on-1. I just think we run that play way too often and it makes the offense predictable. He gets doubled and trippled but often takes a contested shot anyway instead of passing off. We need to run more plays and have pigroni/Martin/Smith/Shump/Chandler make more. I think that felton should be given the green light to penetrate the defense whenever he wants to kick it out. I think our best play's against indiana were off of the pick'n'roll that felton did a lot of and two of the best plays of the game were felton to K-mart in the pick'n'roll.

It was a dissapointing loss but there were several bright parts and things we can build off of in the series. I was most disapointed in the MSG crowd though. It was deathly quiet for the entire first qtr by MSG standards and I think the Knicks feed off of the neergy at home. To let one slip away at home was a mistake and the fans need to take some accountability here too.

Veteran

Great post from RealGM
    +++3 agreed. And let me add since the Pacers are considered an "elite" defense, they got what JVG called yesterday the"benefit of the doubt". Which means they were allowed to beat the crap out of Melo yesterday. I might consider inserting JR into the starting lineup to "dive bomb" Hibbert and force him into foul trouble.

Veteran

Originally Posted by p0nder
    ^really co-signing on this^

This was a heart breaker. We desperately need to do more. The game looked a lot like game 5 of the Boston series with the team walking up and down the court. Melo is not in '2-way-player' mode and needs to put in a lot better effort on the defensive end. He needs to stay out of foul trouble and really start knocking down these shots on offense, especially the open and uncontested ones. J.R. is a better catch and shoot player then he is creating his shot off the dribble, I would like to see more plays run for him as a catch and shoot guy. He creates his shot off the dribble when driving the lane and going for the lay-up which he needs to do more of. He's not the mismatch that Melo is and really shouldn't be an "iso" offensive guy. They need to go right at T.Hansbourough and West and try to get them in foul trouble early. Tyler is especially physical and if he's put on Melo will get into foul trouble.

The knicks run the Iso-Play for melo to try and get him the match-up he wants. It's not really a bad play against a lot of teams as Melo is a mismatch for both bigger PF types like West and the smaller SF's as well and can make his shot against anyone 1-on-1. I just think we run that play way too often and it makes the offense predictable. He gets doubled and trippled but often takes a contested shot anyway instead of passing off. We need to run more plays and have pigroni/Martin/Smith/Shump/Chandler make more. I think that felton should be given the green light to penetrate the defense whenever he wants to kick it out. I think our best play's against indiana were off of the pick'n'roll that felton did a lot of and two of the best plays of the game were felton to K-mart in the pick'n'roll.

It was a dissapointing loss but there were several bright parts and things we can build off of in the series. I was most disapointed in the MSG crowd though. It was deathly quiet for the entire first qtr by MSG standards and I think the Knicks feed off of the neergy at home. To let one slip away at home was a mistake and the fans need to take some accountability here too.
    My fav was how the crowd "rushed" out of MSG with a minute left and the game still in question. Must have been trying to beat the traffic. Stark contrast to OKC crowd decked to a man in playoff blue t-shirts cheering to the end as the Thunder stole that game. My take is the "Woody Allen" crowd aren't the real fans, just want to tell thier friends they were at the game Sunday because it was the OT ticket thing to do. Have't been many meaningful playoff games in MSG in the past decade. Outside of the " these refs suck" chant that was a lame a** crowd

Veteran

You said nothing in this post.

1. Playoffs: Melo still averages 24/7/3. Only problem is his FG shooting he's struggled with.
    2. Melo has been proven to be an elite clutch scorer, he ranks amongst the elite. Every season and more than anyone you can find.
    3. The worst momment of your mother's life was when you spawn and came out crawling her foul furburger.
    4. You don't watch Anthony play, so whats the point of talking about him? You only came here to hate, troll and fail at explaining your opinion. You got shut down in this debate, took an L and rage quit by writing a post that looks like it was written by Stephen A Smith. Poor rage and ignorance. I own you.

Metro b wise .... Never ever-ever try to defend or justify Melo's performance in the playoff .. Melo's 10 seasons making the playoff equals 0-4, 1-4, and more 0-4, 1-4

It's a great big difference between playoffs annnd regular season games .. playing teams like the Pistons, then Wizards, then Cavs, then 76ers, then Raptors, and then a .500 team Pacers, will give us a 5-1 regular-season record.
    Owner James Dolan gave Melo the green-light to shoot 20 to 30 shot-attempts on those teams, plus 40 minutes of playingtime, so its only natural that Melo average 28 pts, 7 rb, 2 ast ....
    In the Knicks 7 playoff games Melo is averaging 27 shot attempts per game at 38% shootin, 6 rb, and 1 ast, in 40 minutes of playingtime.
    How many players in the playoffs are averaging 40 minutes and 27 shot attempts per game???

Tough afternoon for our boys. Woodson will make adjustments and we should be able to solve the Pacers offense. We just couldn't stop them in the second half yest. Part of it is that their shots were just falling.

We better win game two dammit.

Could it be ANY more obvious that this is Metrotard? I mean come on. The ****ing moron is so stupid that he even uses the same obsessive sh-t on his dupe account. testosterone - woman - and so on.

You're an idiot metrocard.

I can't believe you'd go so far as to create a second account just to prove it to us any further.

I had a feeling too.
    Last edited by ronoranina; May 06, 2013 at 12:55.

Veteran

Great post from RealGM
    Get it right .. Terrible EXCUSE for losing from RealGM .. making the culprit into the victim

1.) He is injured. Frankly, he gets injured too much but at least he isn't a pvssy about it. He goes out there and plays through injuries, almost to a fault because he gets crucified for poor shooting when he does it, but at least he cares enough about his team to put their success above his health. Playing at the 4 means more wear and tear for his body, so that's a reasonable explanation for the nagging injuries he had midseason and now.

Why is he playing 4, might I add? Because...

2.) His second option, STAT, is always injured, ESPECIALLY in the postseason. Melo doesn't have a single legitimate scoring option on his team besides himself. JR Smith, the guy everyone thought fit the role of second option is shooting worse from the field than Melo right now. Felton has been playing out of his mind the last few games, but he sees reduced pressure from defenses due to the attention Melo receives. Melo should definitely move the ball more, but the shots he is taking are Melo shots. They aren't terrible looks, they are looks he normally converts at a 44-45% clip on average.

You guys make it sound as if he is chucking up terrible shots left and right, when in reality...

3.) When his jumpshots aren't falling, he adapts and attacks the basket more frequently. Unfortunately, he doesn't get anywhere near as much generosity from refs as guys like Durant and Harden. Hibbert slapped him in the face last game on a ferocious dunk attempt and the refs didn't so much as flinch. Hansborough bashed him on the head on a hard drive and the refs didn't even review it to put flagrant status into consideration. There were a sh*tload of questionable drives with heavy contact that all went in Indiana's favor, until remarkably in the 4th quarter the refs decided to make a game of it when Indy had a near 15 point lead and called things a bit more evenly and moreso in the Knicks favor. That's why Melo had 0 free throw attempts through 3 quarters in the last game, despite attacking the basket more than 8 times.

4.) Thus far in the playoffs, he has played two elite defenses that effectively pack the paint and have an anchor to shadow all of his drives. These are literally two of the top 3 defenses that play him the best (along with maybe Chicago). Of course he is going to struggle when JR Smith disappeared.

So, to sum it up, for a scorer to go up against elite defenses with a clearly bothersome shoulder injury with only one other scoring threat on the team and perform up to par is a feat only Durant and LeBron can dream of achieving, and they are on a tier far above Melo. Is Melo inexcusable? Hell no. He should take on the role of a facilitator. I don't understand why he isn't passing as much as he did in the regular season. He had 5 assists in Game 6 against the Celtics because he played more as a decoy to the Felton P&R. Seems like Woodson should push it in that direction and try to get Melo better looks and on the move.

Regardless, it wasn't the Knicks offense that lost Game 1. 95 points is enough to beat Indiana. It was their defense that allowed an offensively challenged team to get to 102.
    A injured player does not play 40 plus minutes in every game, plus force 20 or more shot attempts while injured.
    Melo is the reason the Knicks organization keep Amare on the injured-list .. since the 1960's any player that refuse to go on the injured list the Knicks trade.

Indiana Pacers beat us by playing team-ball with ball-movement to get 7 Pacers players double-diget scoring, plus Pacers outrebound us 44-30. The Pacers beat us in all facets of the game for the win.

Knicks fans should b more curious about why Camby did not receive at least 12 minutes of playingtime vs Hibbert, West, Hansbro?

Melo at the 4 is not new .. Melo played the majority of his minutes at the 4 in Denver, which made Kenyon Martin injured for half of his 6 year contract in Denver (picking up the label injury-prone player).
    Nene was injured for 2 and half years of his 5 year contract in Denver.
    Birdman average 12 minute per game in Denver, backing-up Nene.
    Camby was traded out of Denver for a comment he made of "everyone is not playing defense" during the 2007-8 playoffs.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Knicks fans should b more curious about why Camby did not receive at least 12 minutes of playingtime vs Hibbert, West, Hansbro?

Melo at the 4 is not new .. Melo played the majority of his minutes at the 4 in Denver, which made Kenyon Martin injured for half of his 6 year contract in Denver (picking up the label injury-prone player).
    Nene was injured for 2 and half years of his 5 year contract in Denver.
    Birdman average 12 minute per game in Denver, backing-up Nene.
    Camby was traded out of Denver for a comment he made of "everyone is not playing defense" during the 2007-8 playoffs.
    Camby is useless. Do you really think Woody would not have played him if he could give us a solid 20 miniutes.

I do think you need to move Melo back to SF. West and George put the clamps on him all game, move him to SF and let him ISO against George instead of being made a beach ball bounced around between West and Paul George. Woody should go with a lineup of Melo at the 3, KMart starting at the 4 and playing 30 plus minutes and if Camby can't do it, put in Earl Barron as the backup C.

why all 3s of Indiana wasnt covered and was wide open but Knicks were lucky not most of them in 2nd half was in&out.
    Knicks need to start stron 1st half game 2.

Jr is playing again worse reason again parting and drinkin