Ball movement vs. Iso melo? Question for you BALLERS in the know.

skisloper

Starter
Well and that's the point. Shump and Prigs got involved offensively taking some of the Heat off Melo. And a 30-2 run damn:) like Woody always says it starts on the defensive end get stops!!!!!

Now what to do with JR.........at some point Woody will have to decide since his 3 for 15 is hurting the Knicks in most games....Safe bet JR and lets hope is locked in the gym until Saturday.........This big break is a blessing for the Knicks and Melo's shoulder.....

Nice to hear after the game Melo saying He needs to do the other things and get his teammates more involved.....:peace:

Red

TYPE-A
The main adjustment I saw that Melo and JR made in the second half was that they stopped taking outside shots and actually drove in and got free throws. In game one they kept making those shots and we gave away too many possessions without getting a good chance to score. Scoring inside the paint causes the other team to play softer defense. It makes them worry about foul trouble and it gives us extra scoring opportunities with free throws. Melo seemed to get back in his shooting groove while JR still seemed to be cold but the biggest difference was that they actually drove in to the paint to score rather than rely on that outside shot.

If the shots don't drop, drive the rock.

Well and that's the point. Shump and Prigs got involved offensively taking some of the Heat off Melo. And a 30-2 run damn:) like Woody always says it starts on the defensive end get stops!!!!!

The "2" being the more relevant stat. Offense gets the glory, Defense wins the game. I wish people would understand, it's not about Melo and ball movement... it's about defense!

skisloper

Starter
If the shots don't drop, drive the rock.

The "2" being the more relevant stat. Offense gets the glory, Defense wins the game. I wish people would understand, it's not about Melo and ball movement... it's about defense!

Red that is correct.....
When u have 2 players playing ISO and not hitting those players defensive efforts goes down the drain. The other players fall out of rythym and thats what leads to the Knicks disaster...

Everyone involved in the offense makes everyone involved in the defense......

Kiyaman

Legend

We played winning playoff basketball in game-2 of the Indiana series .. every Knicks player that got on the court put in a strong-effort on the defensive-end when they finally notice our super-star Carmelo Anthony consistently putting in a strong defensive-effort from the start of tip-off (something very rare in Melo's performance).
Plus Melo did something else unusual by letting his teammates do the majority of scoring in the first-half of the game, which pump-up players to have a winning attitude on both sides of the court in the 2nd-half of the game.
Melo did the right thang and took over the scoring in the 2nd-half of the game like a real super-star.
Great Knick WIN!!!
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend

It's all about Melo .. the way Melo BALL-HOG all season taking all the glory for each win, and only letting his ex-teammate side-kick JR get a little glory .... com'on we got "Old-Heads" on this Knicks roster who knows the out-come of selfish ball-hoggin stars .. especially when the playoff arrive.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
It's all about Melo .. the way Melo BALL-HOG all season taking all the glory for each win, and only letting his ex-teammate side-kick JR get a little glory .... com'on we got "Old-Heads" on this Knicks roster who knows the out-come of selfish ball-hoggin stars .. especially when the playoff arrive.

Actually any credit given to melo is the fault of fans and media and not him taking all the credit.... I'm still wondering if u cheer when we win and score because if so then you're cheering for MELO a majority of the time... U need a new team, if ur gonna just hate on the teams best player. He isn't going anywhere and the,system isn't either so get over it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: CA7

jimkcchief88

All Star
Now what to do with JR.........at some point Woody will have to decide since his 3 for 15 is hurting the Knicks in most games....Safe bet JR and lets hope is locked in the gym until Saturday.........This big break is a blessing for the Knicks and Melo's shoulder.....

Nice to hear after the game Melo saying He needs to do the other things and get his teammates more involved.....:peace:

That's why I'm not worried; 6th man of the Year and our second leading scorer goes 3-15 and we still win by 20. JR needs to go back to what he was doing during his hot streak: go to the rack instead of settling for jumpers. Get to the rack, get to the line and he will find his outside touch.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Actually any credit given to melo is the fault of fans and media and not him taking all the credit.... I'm still wondering if u cheer when we win and score because if so then you're cheering for MELO a majority of the time... U need a new team, if ur gonna just hate on the teams best player. He isn't going anywhere and the,system isn't either so get over it

tell em again

CA7

Scoring Champ

let it go Kiya, your agenda has ran its course

OakTree

Rookie
1. Ball movement to get the scorers good looks and get them going + bouts of iso-ball to keep the defense guessing.
2. Defense.
3. Defense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Saying we need to move the ball is like telling a hockey player we have to skate; it's like telling a cyclist he has to pedal; it's like telling a driver he has to steer. DUH! I mean after an analysis this is what people are coming up with? Really?
In their support, meaning those fans that watch the game and those who've actually played, they haven't had a Melo since forever. They got use to a team of B players overachieving and before that a big-man star in Ewing where the true scoring bigs have been phased out.

They don't know what a Melo is supposed to do nor a team with him. To them it's either iso or ball movement, both extreme. It's about balance and exploiting match-ups. So forgive them.. for they know not what they say.

Melo he gutted it out through a serious injury. He's a warrior and that's what you want. We got another warrior trying to make it back off the shelf too, with time to heal up. I'm bout to order some hyperbaric chambers! :smokin:

Melo is the only legit shot we got at a chip. Period.

Ask the Nuggets and Clippers.:smokin:

Yeah Yeah Yeah .... Knicks Management and coaching-staff hasnt been on the same-page in decades, at least since the feud with G.M. Grunfield vs JVG. We had some nice players, but we didnt have the team-effort (coach to players).

Melo has his good points in scoring under pressure, but Melo also have many flaws, the kind of flaws that always keep us under pressure.
I wish ur point describe Melo, "u dont have to tell a driver of a car he/she have to steer" however, Melo is the guy u have to keep reminding to pass the blunt :smokin: lol

HOF Jason Kidd player/coach guidance are the only legit shot we got at a chip .. the #1 reason we gave a 40 yr ole Kidd a 3 yr contract (to keep lockerroom-discipline on the team).
JR & Melo -vs- Amare is the same exact problem Denver had with JR & Melo -vs- max-contract Kenyon Martin (Denver had to get Billups to defuse the problem, the same as us getting Kidd)...

Kiyaman

Legend

Wow! I been giving all 54 wins success (cheers :thumbsup:) to Jason Kidd 4th quarter performance for doing all the little and big things to win the 54 games .. Melo did his role (score), and thats all Melo did.
Melo's selfish ball-hoggin reminds me of Marbury, only thing is Melo shots go in 44% of the time, Marbury 39%
Both had/have problems gellin with Knicks teammates .. Marbury & Houston -vs- Melo & Amare

OakTree

Rookie
Wow! I been giving all 54 wins success (cheers :thumbsup:) to Jason Kidd 4th quarter performance for doing all the little and big things to win the 54 games .. Melo did his role (score), and thats all Melo did.
Melo's selfish ball-hoggin reminds me of Marbury, only thing is Melo shots go in 44% of the time, Marbury 39%
Both had/have problems gellin with Knicks teammates .. Marbury & Houston -vs- Melo & Amare

See now it would be hard for Melo to do his role and score if he doesn't have the ball. Just saying.

skisloper

Starter
That's why I'm not worried; 6th man of the Year and our second leading scorer goes 3-15 and we still win by 20. JR needs to go back to what he was doing during his hot streak: go to the rack instead of settling for jumpers. Get to the rack, get to the line and he will find his outside touch.

Woody has now said if he is not getting anything from JR he will limit his minutes.......With the Knicks roster being deep Woody is starting to at least make some smart comments in he will go with who is hot and he is not obligated to anyone.........We are in Woody's hands now.......

JR's elbow, partying and terrible playoff performance has probably cost him millions in a new contract.

knicksince 93

Rotation player

Jason kidd didn't even play in all of our 54 wins so how could he get credit for all of them...as for steph and houston, Houston was hobbled and couldn't reach full potential with steph...kiya i want u to know that I'm not even a melo fan, my favorite player of all time is j kidd, my favorite knick on this team is stat but i give melo all these props because without him we're a lottery team but somehow u look at his faults when he does more good then bad. He's our mvp and somehow that doesn't appeal to u...

Kiyaman

Legend
Jason kidd didn't even play in all of our 54 wins so how could he get credit for all of them...as for steph and houston, Houston was hobbled and couldn't reach full potential with steph...kiya i want u to know that I'm not even a melo fan, my favorite player of all time is j kidd, my favorite knick on this team is stat but i give melo all these props because without him we're a lottery team but somehow u look at his faults when he does more good then bad. He's our mvp and somehow that doesn't appeal to u...

u right, Kidd didnt play in the final regular season game (53 wins lol) .. the reason we dont have any design plays, or use the pick n roll with Tyson, Amare, Copeland, or Martin, because Melo is not going to screen or pick for any of his teammates, u dont see Melo box-out so Tyson, Amare, or Martin can get a rebound, but they do it for Melo.
Melo dont appeal to me as our MVP averaging 40+ minutes with only 2 or 3 assists per game, taking 32 shots to get 30 points, never rewarding his teammates with a shot when they force opponents to turnover the ball with a block, steal, or offensive-foul.
When offensive players enter the game Amare, Novak, Copeland, u never see Melo give them a warm up shot they will go 5 to 6 min without shooting.

Before Game-2 we loss 3 of 4 games .. Melo having a injured shoulder, I wonder how many shots Melo would be taking if his shoulder wasnt sore?

knicksince 93

Rotation player
u right, Kidd didnt play in the final regular season game (53 wins lol) .. the reason we dont have any design plays, or use the pick n roll with Tyson, Amare, Copeland, or Martin, because Melo is not going to screen or pick for any of his teammates, u dont see Melo box-out so Tyson, Amare, or Martin can get a rebound, but they do it for Melo.
Melo dont appeal to me as our MVP averaging 40+ minutes with only 2 or 3 assists per game, taking 32 shots to get 30 points, never rewarding his teammates with a shot when they force opponents to turnover the ball with a block, steal, or offensive-foul.
When offensive players enter the game Amare, Novak, Copeland, u never see Melo give them a warm up shot they will go 5 to 6 min without shooting.

Before Game-2 we loss 3 of 4 games .. Melo having a injured shoulder, I wonder how many shots Melo would be taking if his shoulder wasnt sore?

So are u saying we're better without melo and that kidd is the MVP

knicksince 93

Rotation player

And how many assists should our power forward average. At his position I'm sure he's at the average.