What the hell is Woodson doing with Prigioni?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
His minutes have gone way down and I don't know if he even started game 1 of this series. I think he came off the bench in the second half, near the end of the 3rd quarter I think. He also should have been put in in the last few minutes of Game 6 against the Celtics, not under a minute or whatever it was.

This is bull****. No matter HOW bad Melo and Smith are playing, no matter how good the rookies (is that why?) Prigioni and Copeland play, he gives them less minutes. It's one thing to let the best scorers on the team to get a rhythm back, it's another to do that while burying other players who can contribute winning on the bench for so long.

If only Kidd had the physical ability to be the primary play maker still.

metrocard

Legend
Prigioni shouldn't be playing no less than 24 minutes. He's very important in our guard rotation. Best defender/passer on our team.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Prigioni hurts this team by not attacking sometimes. He's perfect at keeping the ball moving but he's a consistent liability with the overpass. Also Felton has outplayed him in the playoffs as he's really stepped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skisloper

Starter
Prigioni hurts this team by not attacking sometimes. He's perfect at keeping the ball moving but he's a consistent liability with the overpass. Also Felton has outplayed him in the playoffs as he's really stepped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should be no BUT after " he's perfect for keeping the ball moving "
The guy has hesitated but he has also turned it on in 2 of the playoff games....
Can u Imagine if super athletic JR and Melo played defense like Prigioni...
His Bball IQ is very high and Woodson should sit KIDD for tomorrows game and just use Prig.
I love what Kidd has done for this team but he looks like an old man these last few games....Give him a 6 days off and have him be ready for Saturday....

Woodson needs to adjust and not coach like a big wus.

Game 5.Prig 13 minutes and JR rewarded with poor hustle, suspsenion and out partying with 36 horrible minutes,,,,

Woodson needs to learn....its easy to tell if JR has on a given night or does not......If does not Woodson needs to adjust.....DEFENSE WINS

nyk_nyk

All Star
Theres no question Prigs should be playing more, especially since Kidd looks totally out of it like an old man trying to keep up with young men.

Right now, Woodson is still playing checkers. He hasn't begun the chess game yet. He will learn soon enough though because this isn't the regular season. These are playoff SERIES. You don't have the luxury of playing a different team tomorrow. YOU HAVE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS EVERY GAME.

skisloper

Starter
Theres no question Prigs should be playing more, especially since Kidd looks totally out of it like an old man trying to keep up with young men.

Right now, Woodson is still playing checkers. He hasn't begun the chess game yet. He will learn soon enough though because this isn't the regular season. These are playoff SERIES. You don't have the luxury of playing a different team tomorrow. YOU HAVE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS EVERY GAME.

What I have learned from Woodson in Atlanta and so far with the Knicks he very rarely enters into the Chess game and stays with Checkers....I have said it before but he is almost afraid to stray away with what he is comfortable with....this was the Hawks demise in the playoffs and hopefully not the Knicks....

The fact that JR has not entered the game now until 5 minutes left in the first has been as big move as Woody has made...It has paid off as Prig now knowing his role and taking charge more....However come the 2nd half or the second we are losing Woody reverts back to what he is comfortable with.....He needs to coach with Balls but as you can see with his star players sometimes he has none.....

Knicks have the potential get to the NBA finals.....Woody has the potential to make the right moves.....Now we just have to pray the adjustments come and he sticks with them despite any rumblings in the locker room....

nyk_nyk

All Star
Uhhhhh Prigs played 21 minutes Sunday and didn't score a point. What are y'all talking about?????

Empty statement by you. He doesn't have to score a point to be effective. The point people who watched the game is trying to make is that the way Kidd looked out there, Prigs should have been given even more minutes.

Kiyaman

Legend
We are in the 2nd round of the Playoffs .. where Team-Strategy is a must

Pablo / Kidd / Shump should be coming off the bench as a 3-guard lineup to end the 1st qtr., and start the 2nd qtr..
Pablo is very important in this series, Melo & JR yellin for Pablo to throw them the ball on every offensive possession is not needed in this series .. if that keeps up like in Sundays game we will be looking at a 1-4 series (like Miami last year).

JR.Smith should be in the Starting-Lineup .. Felton / JR / Melo / Martin / Tyson (Starters/Closers)

We will need a 9-Man Rotation to beat the the Pacers Bigman rebounding rotation of 8 players.
Camby / Copeland / and Novak's
perimeter shooting must get playingtime within this series for strategic moves.

Truth be said:
I would rather have Amare and (NO-Melo) in this series vs Indiana Pacers .. that would make this series a sure WIN for the Knicks .. Amare has great playoff experience vs bigmen teams.

Paul1355

All Star
You are wasting time if your are going to argue about Woodson's rotations. He has benched Copeland most of season when the guy has proven he can score and has improved his defense. He plays Kidd and J.R too much. He never plays Camby.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
You are wasting time if your are going to argue about Woodson's rotations. He has benched Copeland most of season when the guy has proven he can score and has improved his defense. He plays Kidd and J.R too much. He never plays Camby.
That's exactly why our starting players are being fouled out or not able to go hard on defense. Woody needs to use our bench in order to maximize the effort on defense. Tyson didn't have to get into foul trouble, all woody had to do was put Camby in to hold down Hibbert and take some fouls on him to try and keep him out of his groove. Copeland could've take some of the same pressure off of Melo too.