[ESPN] Chandler named to All-Defensive First Team

nyk_nyk

All Star
He was better last season. These NBA defensive player team and awards should be voted on by coaches.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
He was better last season. These NBA defensive player team and awards should be voted on by coaches.

For real....how the hell did he win DPOY last season and not be on the all defensive first team? Then Gasol wins this year but Chandler is chosen as the first teams 5.....

LoL makes no friggin sense

Sent from my LG-P999

finestrg

Rotation player
First off -- Chandler's a joke a little... Pipe down with all this selfish talk he's been going to the media with....Is he kidding me? Makes no sense at all on several fronts: (a) that stuff's gotta be handled in house -- I mean, Melo doesn't even know what the hell he's taking about; he should know better than to go public with nonsense -- real leaders don't do it like that. Does Derek Jeter do it like that? No, he doesn't..(b) I actually want JR and Ray to take MORE shots this game 3 -- we need JR to be on his game and put up 20 shots and I want the aggressive Ray Felton we saw in the Celtics series -- I want Ray taking 15-18 shots himself tonight. Don't have the box score in front of me from game 2 but I'd be willing to bet JR and Ray didn't even take 20 shots combined between them. How is that being selfish? Those guys gotta shoot more! (c) Roy Hibbert has destroyed Chandler during this series so far. This dude needs to take a long look in the mirror and focus more on stopping his man (and doing a much better job on the backboard as well too please!) and stop obsessing over his teammates' play. Let those guys worry about themselves and you worry about yourself, pal.

Go out there tonight, shut your yap, and play like a team 1 all-defensive player and the DPOY you were last year. Simple...Talk is cheap. Go out there, contain Hibbert and gimmie at least 15 rebounds....Think you can do that, buddy? Show me...

KingCharles34

All Star
Tyson Chandler is garbage...I cant stand this f*ggot anymore and I got 500 reasons why. But i only have time to list 5 of them

1) Got Outplayed in the 1st round by an 80 year old Kevin Garnett who needs surgery on both ankles

2) Got sh*tted on by Hibbert in the last game, pathetic effort

3) Gets sick all the time and now half the teams sick because of his non vitamin taking b*tch ass

4) Needs to trim the beard, this is the NBA with strong ties to the hip hop culture. Theres no room for this grizzly adams mountain climber electric guitar type ish...

5) Indirectly called out JR Smith and Carmelo for not passing enough, ignoring how Chandler himself put zero effort into the last game.

Its a crime that they put this maggot on the all defense first team. Id rather see Marc gasol, KG, and Duncan on there.

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn! so many peeps are laying it hard on Tyson .... Nobody thinks Tyson could use some help in Woodson's frontcourt lineups?

Dallas coach Rick Calylse for 82 games gave Tyson Chandler 27 minutes of playingtime in a frontcourt lineup of "Tyson, Dirk, Marion".
The majority of Tyson Chandler 33 minutes of playingtime this season were in frontcourt lineups of Melo & JR.
BIGG difference!

bogey1964

Rookie
What does it matter who your playing with when you put no effort in to bxing out and then sit and watch Hibbert put the ball back in ??? I watched Kidd box out hibbert twice and pull down rebounds with Roy on his back ? Chandler was out rebounded by Kidd and Shumpert Unacceptable!!!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think Tyson is right. I'm glad he spoke up. Team basketball is how to get it done. Melo and JR can get there's but it needs to be within the flow. He knows what it takes to win a chip. Tyson is about the right things. He has a winning mentality. It'd be great if we heard Melo preach this type of message.

Also, people seem to not understand that he's playing w a bulging disc in his neck. I think he's in a lot more pain than he lets on. It limits him some, but I think we'll see the type of performance we need from him tnite. That dudes got heart man.