2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Game 4 / Knicks @ Pacers - 05/14 7:00 pm

bogey1964

Rookie
The one thing i don't want to do tho is put this on the shoulders of Woodson alone. This team still shot under 40% for two straight games. And I don't care what these so called analyst say, a majority of the Knicks shots were open looks. They are missing shots they usually make. and rebounding is all about hustle and positioning. and the Knicks players are getting beat at that end. Now its the coach's job to make the adjustments and implement a plan to fix these things and the players job to execute that plan
This miller was making me sick gushing about the pacers d. We had good shots just can not hit . We are playing the way we played during that horrendous west coast road trip. We need to snap out of it like we did at the end of the season

MadJack

Benchwarmer
We've only played well for about 12 minutes or so of the entire series, in game 2 3rd and 4th quarter. If not for that stretch, this would be a sweep.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Tyson can talk all he wants, he HAS a ring. Hibbert didn't dog Tyson for 24/12, he dogged the KNICKS. Its a team game son, not one on one. It takes more than one person to lose a game. Learn up.
Part of the game stopping YOUR man, Obviously you have NEVER laced them up before

bigapple

Starter
part of this problem is Knicks need 2nd shooter b4 Woodson Knicks was playing no D and there was no playoffs for years .
Now Knicks r in playoffs but too old and just one regular scorer + no team work

game 5 will be over Indy will win @ MSG.

Indy will win maybe 1 or 2 games vs heat
Heat is playing man2man D entire game
power of Indy is only on boards and 3s
they dont have power of shooting.
All Knicks looses wasnt big its just slump.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
I'm not one to give up.... Hell it's been decades for some of us in here but we need to either all show up or let this be our last dance tomorrow. This poor shooting was a concern for me at the start of the playoffs as I saw a major dip in the shooting (re:Is this lack of scoring a concern for anyone?)but our defense was doing it so most of us dismissed the notion. Now here we are with a team that pretty dam good at D and our D is subpar at best. Well guess what we still ain't scoring! Bundle that with the lackluster D and you get this fiasco! Yes there have been glimpses of good D but we have not been consistently putting the pressure on these guys. We tried last night to institute the Chicago style bully ball ... FAIL. (I say Chicago style and not old school Knicks D because there was no hustle associated with it just hard fouls). We tried double teaming everyone in the paint... FAIL as they started hitting a startling 45% in the first half! Why didn't we change the game plan? And why please someone tell me did we keep Mr Smith in the game so long!
Do Better or hit the reset button for 2014!

bigapple

Starter
reset button = salary next season there will be or NO JR or no K-mart. Many FA's Cope pablo current bench Q Rich Barron there will be no Camby. But Knicks need to keep J-Kidd he is coach as player.

Maybe its ironic but last team that won series and was down 1-3 was 06 SUNS and it was year that Kobe demanding improvment in team or he will leave.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Totally expected.
Some call it a collapse, but were they even suppose to win?

It's been Melo ball all playoffs, this Knicks team 'rarely' played as a team. In the playoffs, it's all about momentum and confidence. Beside Melo and JR chucking up ISO shots all night long these Knicks had NOTHING going for them.

Chandler's the ONLY one with the balls to call out them out. Championship? Ha! Not with Melo and this BS Iso ball. Not with one of the GREATEST NBA (Miami Heat) 'championship' assembled team in the history of the game waiting for them in the next round.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah .. that ISO-Ball never let us play team-ball .. the thought of the Boston series having a healthy playmaker Rondo makes me look at the Knicks from a T-Mac perspective...

Paul1355

All Star
part of this problem is Knicks need 2nd shooter b4 Woodson Knicks was playing no D and there was no playoffs for years .
Now Knicks r in playoffs but too old and just one regular scorer + no team work

game 5 will be over Indy will win @ MSG.

Indy will win maybe 1 or 2 games vs heat
Heat is playing man2man D entire game
power of Indy is only on boards and 3s
they dont have power of shooting.
All Knicks looses wasnt big its just slump.
knicks have a legit scoring option in copeland and an outside threat in novak, plus a pg in prigioni who can get hot from outside...game 3 and 4 they all barely
played...this is on coach

Kiyaman

Legend
knicks have a legit scoring option in copeland and an outside threat in novak, plus a pg in prigioni who can get hot from outside...game 3 and 4 they all barely
played...this is on coach

:agreed::agreed::agreed:
so so true .. having 3 players who kept steppin-up their performance throughout the injury-prone season to get the coach to coach a team-ball system.
The 3 players (Cope, Novak, Prig) did well this season scoring off the ball .. imagine how well we would look if we design certain team-movement for each to score.

Kiyaman

Legend
The San Antonio Spurs .. are the reason I dont give a team any pity when an injured player are playing in the playoff, because the Spurs play 48 minutes of "TEAM-BALL" so its hard to attack any of their injured players or a player in foul trouble.

My Knicks are always using INJURIES as an excuse for their Failures...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Look at a guy like Paul George.

Last night, Dude Scores 18 points, grabs 14 rebounds has 7 assists 2 steals and 2 blocks. He didn't shoot particularly well but he played suffocating defense on Melo all game. No matter whether George is shooting well or not he finds other ways to help his team.

Melo doesn't consistently have this mentality. If he did it would show on the court.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Look at a guy like Paul George.

Last night, Dude Scores 18 points, grabs 14 rebounds has 7 assists 2 steals and 2 blocks. He didn't shoot particularly well but he played suffocating defense on Melo all game. No matter whether George is shooting well or not he finds other ways to help his team.

Melo doesn't consistently have this mentality. If he did it would show on the court.

Thats exactly right come playoff time as great as Melo's game is others catch up very quickly...
Playoffs are about players playing their best basketball of their lives....No knock on Melo its just the slide of how great he is the regular season diminishes in the playoffs....

For all those have argued all season the insane bargain JR is please note his playoff performance and last year was even worse....He is a high risk high reward player......This is why not a single team offered him a better contract then the Knicks last season despite his skill.....

As for Woody I said it all along he is a good season coach but thats it......I mean come on he has Kidd in for 14 minutes who has not scored in 7 games and Pablo plays 3 minutes...
Pablo was huge part in the Celtics wins and the win at the garden yet Woody gives him 3 minutes....Pablo must look at woody like a moron....JR 31 minutes.....

Woody is doing what he did last year against the Heat...He relies on JR and assumes that eventually he will get hot.....and he will but the price we pay is huge now down 3 games to 1.....

Woody sucks...........Look at his playoff advancement , coupled with Melo and JR's and we will go no where.....UNLESS Woody smartens up....its on him.

deenice

Rookie
Stop Double Teaming Hibbert, Stop Double Teaming Hibbert we have last years Defensive Player of the Year on him. Stop double teaming Hibbert!!!!

If we make our shots we are Golden. Guess what, Indiana is the best in guarding the 3. Pass the ball and make things happen Felton!

We are a mess right now and when we were rolling everyone love our style of play, but guess what the Playoffs are a bit different.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Kidd 0/2 16 min. Priggs 3 minutes ??? WOODSON HAS TO GO .....
Let me understand this..Prig who has never driven for a layup...takes 4-5 shot in 30 min is going to beat the PACERS if he gets more time. Here's the PROBLEM for the KNICKS....THE PACERS>

deenice

Rookie
Let me understand this..Prig who has never driven for a layup...takes 4-5 shot in 30 min is going to beat the PACERS if he gets more time. Here's the PROBLEM for the KNICKS....THE PACERS>

Prigs does disrupt the Pacers with his Defense though. Which is when we rolled them in the last win for us.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Woodson is the same coach he was in Atlanta. They warned us about him. Most of us didn't listen.
He did a dam good job in ATLANTA..took them to the playoffs. This is not the WIZARD OF OZ..he can't give JR a brain..he can't give MELO a HEART, and can't give J KIDD, PRIG, CAMBY, K MART, Q RICH the fountain of youth. Novak under the boards would wind up in the hospital so his 3 point no DEFENSE is an ISSUE. The Knicks were exposed..PERIOD.