Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Woodson is...

  1. #31
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't believe Indiana are better than the Knicks.

    Knicks have a superior bench. Indiana has the worst bench in the playoffs. DJ Augustin, Sam Young and Gerald Green stink.

    I'm not even a Felton fan, but Felton vs Hill isn't really much a comparison ..both equal each other out. I rather have Hill for defense and more consistent shooting.

    Hibbert's defense is great....but I have my questions about him.

    West is okay.

    George is beasting and teaching, we need to attack him because Melo is stronger than him and Melo has to ignore the refs not calling fouls and just play his game the best he can. It's a survival out here.

  2. #32
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Here are the facts: Woodson was an upgrade over Mike Danotni, but hey who isn't? So we finally got an upgrade and we play well. We finally became a defensive minded team and Woodson's ability to coach defense is good. HOWEVER, we have come to know that he is as stubborn as Mike D with his rotations. Woodson has his favorites and he refuses to adjust. There were times when Woodson would give in and go to his bench during the season but it was rare.

    Woodson lost this series because:

    His defense has become a double-team anything type of defense which makes guys fall out of rotation and guys hit open shots outside.

    He is in love with JR Smith and Jason Kidd and it has killed us. Smith has been cancer in the playoffs for us and Kidd has done absolutely nothing.

    Woodson has Copeland, Novak, Prigioni in the doghouse and all of these guys can hit the outside shot and create momentum.

    Knicks continue to jack up shots and not drive to the basket or take advntaqge of Felton in the pick and roll.

    They continue to get outhustled- out-rebounded- out everything and ALL of this falls on a coach that has lost his way during the playoffs.

    Woodson can bench someone struggling, he can get in the face of a player and make him drive to the basket (JR) BUT he doesn't he refuses to adjust and he stopped holding guys accountable which is what he took so much pride in when he was hired.

    He is no longer the great coach for this team....he has now shown his true colors. He is average at best. He had the player's ears and he doesn't adjust due to his stubbornness.

    He also has no offensive schemes, its the same plays the same iso-ball that is over used and not working. He doesn't spot the importance of offensively gifted players. His philosophy is killing us. We are dead.

  3. #33
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I agree with the last two comments... I also don't believe the Pacers are better than the Knicks (on paper) the Knicks are losing games because of 2 reasons, They are being out-rebounded and they are missing open shots, shots they made during the regular season. The defense that Woodson decided to play is ridiculous. The double teaming has lead to Indiana to think they are the Knicks and are jacking up 25 3's a game. They are hitting them and when they miss, because the double teaming has forced players out of their position to guard the 3, the pacers get the offensive rebound. And also I agree with the Pick and Roll statement that was made. What the hell happened to our pick and roll offense?????? That's squarely on the shoulders of Woodson. since game 4 of the celtics series, his ISO offense mentality has been a massive mis-step.

  4. #34
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Im waiting for 2015, so we can clean this mess up.As much as i think melo is a top talent, he's stuck in his ways, and i'm starting to think we'll never win with him leading this team.

  5. #35
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Im waiting for 2015, so we can clean this mess up.As much as i think melo is a top talent, he's stuck in his ways, and i'm starting to think we'll never win with him leading this team.
    It may be a final decision in terms of where this franchise is heading in the future.

    Right now, this franchise lives under Melo's success as a superstar.

    We have to admit, Melo is a top 5-10 player, when he's at his best he's top 3.

    If we can't do it with Melo...then who can we really do it with. Just have to be patient I guess...I don't know, its very hard to decide on these things because we never saw this team at 100% health and health has been our biggest weakness this year.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    It may be a final decision in terms of where this franchise is heading in the future.

    Right now, this franchise lives under Melo's success as a superstar.

    We have to admit, Melo is a top 5-10 player, when he's at his best he's top 3.

    If we can't do it with Melo...then who can we really do it with. Just have to be patient I guess...I don't know, its very hard to decide on these things because we never saw this team at 100% health and health has been our biggest weakness this year.

    We never saw this team a 100% healthy well then its safe to say we will never see this team 100% healthy.
    This is Bball ...remember Indiana is missing Danny Granger and look at them.....

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Lol if Woody and the Bockers pull this out. I didn't hear that fat chick singing yet, get yall fangs out her ass...before she farts in ya mouths . Lol

  8. #38
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Im waiting for 2015, so we can clean this mess up.As much as i think melo is a top talent, he's stuck in his ways, and i'm starting to think we'll never win with him leading this team.
    just stop with this 2015 **** please shut the **** up about 20 ****ing 15 already what the **** is wrong with some of you

    because I'm pretty sure Melo did not miss all those shots last night and get hurt every damn month

    our team crashed but its not ****ing over yet however Woody needs to let someone else run the offense, he's inept and people blame Melo because of it

  9. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    just stop with this 2015 **** please shut the **** up about 20 ****ing 15 already what the **** is wrong with some of you

    because I'm pretty sure Melo did not miss all those shots last night and get hurt every damn month

    our team crashed but its not ****ing over yet however Woody needs to let someone else run the offense, he's inept and people blame Melo because of it

    all can be forgiven with Woody with a win tonight

  10. #40
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    just stop with this 2015 **** please shut the **** up about 20 ****ing 15 already what the **** is wrong with some of you

    because I'm pretty sure Melo did not miss all those shots last night and get hurt every damn month

    our team crashed but its not ****ing over yet however Woody needs to let someone else run the offense, he's inept and people blame Melo because of it
    CA7, i like melo just as much as the next guy, but where never making the final, let alone win it all with him as the leader of this team.Sorry man, the dude doesn't get it.When the dude is off, he just keeps shooting contested jumpers, when is going to realize he can't post up Paul george, that's what indy wants.I'm getting tired of him being so stubborn, you can go crazy and curse all you want, but we'll never win anything with this guy leading this team, i hope i'm wrong.If i'm wrong i'll eat my words.

  11. #41
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    CA7, i like melo just as much as the next guy, but where never making the final, let alone win it all with him as the leader of this team.Sorry man, the dude doesn't get it.When the dude is off, he just keeps shooting contested jumpers, when is going to realize he can't post up Paul george, that's what indy wants.I'm getting tired of him being so stubborn, you can go crazy and curse all you want, but we'll never win anything with this guy leading this team, i hope i'm wrong.If i'm wrong i'll eat my words.
    we're never making it- smfh well hey thats your opinion
    he doesn't get it- what is there to get
    contested jumpers- tell me what else he suppose to shoot when his guys cant hit **** and the Pacers on in his shorts
    how is he stubborn as he passed the fkking ball all game and every other player shot bricks at the damn rim, he threw Tyson a perfect lob and he botched the ****ing pass but all this is Melo's fault, GTFO with your assessment, you wont ****ing eat your words because everything you say holds no ****ing weight so its all **** to me

    you ****ers ask the man to play team ****ing ball, move the ****ing ball and he did that **** the past ****ing 3 games, we won the 1st one and then everyone wanted to go ****ing missing in ****ing action and we wont win because of Melo, GTFO I'm not tryna hear that ****

    now maybe Melo can play better but he was 9/18 and missed his last 5 shots which were all desperation shots he had to take and he made the correct pass 90% of the time or do you ****ing watch the game and see what the hell is going on. Felton- brick, JR- brick, Shump- brick, K-Mart- brick, Tyson- cant even catch, STAT- didn't really play nor did Pablo, Copeland-hit a 3 and got benched, where the **** is Kidd or Novak yet after all this the only thing you ****ers can come up with is "but where never making the final, let alone win it all with him as the leader of this team.Sorry man, the dude doesn't get it"

    and you ****ing spelled we're wrong, so GTFO and understand that he did what y'all asked and yet still its all his fault FOH, Melo could have played better but he was far far far from the reason this series is 3-1

  12. #42
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    And kiss my ass if you dont agree

  13. #43
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I think there's two issues here. Woody's stubbornness with his rotations, keeping our most influential PG in this series on the bench (da ****, man???); amnestying Billups to make room for Tyson (invaluable piece, but I'm talking about making tough financial decisions) and leaving us stuck with $20M worth of cap that needs all sorts of knee surgeries and is limited to 10-15 mins in the second round of the playoffs (I don't dislike Amar'e...but this is re-****ing-diculous); and...ok...3 things, I can't take watching Felton complain about...EVERYTHING anymore. He's our point-man. Not unlike a point-man anywhere else, where you're the steward of operations. How the hell do you rely on a guy to orchestrate and make sound decisions for the team when he's always running around helter-skelter like "I can't....oh my gahh-...who?? me???!?!? I don't even....wha-??? Cmon man...." and the foul was called on Kenyon. It's like....what the **** is wrong with you?

    The Pacers are absolutely NOT the more talented team. But this is a lot to overcome (not necessarily the STAT part...but damn would it be nice to have $20M that can give us more than 15 mins without risking more setbacks.)

  14. #44
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Success in sports begins with confidence and belief.

    Recall, Woodson wouldn't have played Wallace if it wasn't for the fans chanting during garbage time. He didn't even know he existed.
    Like MDA coach chose to stubbornly play Melo @ 4. Then he got rid of Brewer in favor of offense.

    These thigs say coach had an ill-conceived plan and it didn't incorporate the bigs.

    What should be disturbing is that we had momentum that coach did not seize after throttling them in game 2. A perfect blueprint was set and coach couldn't grasp it.

    Just look at the rebound numbers! Then think about what we all were saying for 6 months: we can't win like this in the playoffs. We can't win without rebounding when the shots don't drop. This is basketball not volleyball- but the offense is designed to neglect this fact hence no one except TC is under the rim when the shot goes up.

    And for those who think that's a solid strategy... smh. Go watch the Lakers.
    Last edited by Red; May 17, 2013 at 10:27.

  15. #45
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I think your getting kind of crazy here bro, i'm just as much a knicks fan as you, and i didn't insult you, i just gave my OP.If your not up for a little friendly debate it's all good, but you need to calm down, it's not that serious.Sorry i replied so late, i just put in a 10 hour day, i came home a saw you killed me, LOL.Just my OP bro.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2013, 12:26
  2. Where does Woodson rank?
    By ronoranina in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2012, 23:12
  3. Why Woodson should get the job now!
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 10, 2012, 15:13
  4. Woodson
    By Hayato in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: May 05, 2012, 23:28
  5. Welcome mike woodson
    By Ewing33Swisher in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sep 06, 2011, 01:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •