Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Woodson is...

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I think your getting kind of crazy here bro, i'm just as much a knicks fan as you, and i didn't insult you, i just gave my OP.If your not up for a little friendly debate it's all good, but you need to calm down, it's not that serious.Sorry i replied so late, i just put in a 10 hour day, i came home a saw you killed me, LOL.Just my OP bro.
    my bad fender LMAO, I was fuming earlier

we all good though, sorry if I disrespected your fanhood

NEW YORK -- Mike Woodson might have been a game or three too late to show this side of his character, the cold, unforgiving side that left [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on the bench for the entire second half of a playoff game the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] had no choice but to win.But show it Woodson most certainly did Thursday night, when he effectively told two prominent stars -- including one of the greatest point guards of all time -- that they might as well get comfortable in their chairs, butter up their popcorn and watch an ex-D-Leaguer who had chased his hoop dreams all over Europe play for their season.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], 29-year-old rookie, is a zillion-to-one character borrowed from a Hollywood script, his long braids flying along with his longer jumpers. It's hard to believe in a Chris Copeland, cut twice from second-division teams in Spain, a guy not even pulling in half a mil, and so Woodson didn't believe in him in Game 4. The coach removed Copeland 29 seconds after he made a 3 early in the fourth quarter, and he was rightfully ripped for it.
    [+] EnlargeElsa/Getty ImagesChris Copeland, who hasn't played much these playoffs, scored 13 points off the Knicks' bench in Game 5.

Woodson wouldn't make that same mistake again in Game 5, not with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] holding a 3-1 series lead and not with all of New York prepared to pounce on the man who had done so much good work after replacing his overmatched boss, Mike D'Antoni. In fact, the Knicks' coach wouldn't repeat any of his unforced errors from earlier in the series, when it felt like Frank Vogel-Mike Woodson was as big a mismatch as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]-[Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    The Knicks gave away the second-round opener at home, didn't come to play after surviving their emotionally draining series with Boston, and that was an indictment of Woodson. So were the nonadjustments to Indiana's size, the premature burial of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on Tuesday night, the inability to inspire [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], the lineup change that didn't change anything, and the failure to match Indiana's desperation and intensity.
    Oh, and the insistence on playing Stoudemire and Kidd, too. Jason Kidd was sort of understandable because he's Jason Kidd, the NBA's resident Yoda. But Stoudemire, back from a second knee surgery and promising to be as rusty as he appeared upon his first return in January? Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I disagree with the idea against using STAT. He at the least draws fouls.
    And obviously Cope's contribution was both needed and warranted. SMH.

Woodsoon has a long hill to climb. The intangibles need improvement. Helping a team regain confidence is one thing, then there's the X's and O's that leave something to be desired.

Game Plan should = Take the ball inside and draw the foul; kick out if necessary.

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    my bad fender LMAO, I was fuming earlier

we all good though, sorry if I disrespected your fanhood
    It's all good man.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    I disagree with the idea against using STAT. He at the least draws fouls.
    And obviously Cope's contribution was both needed and warranted. SMH.

Woodsoon has a long hill to climb. The intangibles need improvement. Helping a team regain confidence is one thing, then there's the X's and O's that leave something to be desired.

Game Plan should = Take the ball inside and draw the foul; kick out if necessary.

Stat & Copeland should get long minutes in the first half of the game for inside scoring to force the Pacers to foul them. If Woodson had a clue on how to speed up the tempo to run in transition we wouldve been up 3-1.
    I hate to see Felton, Prig, Shump, and Kidd run the ball up court in a uptempo transition and none of their teammates running beside them or in front of them for a 2 on 1 fastbreak. This is why I dont want to resign JR.Smith next season, it reminds me to much of Allen Iverson being the only player running the ball on a fastbreak on the 2006-8 Denver Nuggets.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Stat & Copeland should get long minutes in the first half of the game for inside scoring to force the Pacers to foul them. If Woodson had a clue on how to speed up the tempo to run in transition we wouldve been up 3-1.
    I hate to see Felton, Prig, Shump, and Kidd run the ball up court in a uptempo transition and none of their teammates running beside them or in front of them for a 2 on 1 fastbreak. This is why I dont want to resign JR.Smith next season, it reminds me to much of Allen Iverson being the only player running the ball on a fastbreak on the 2006-8 Denver Nuggets.

Not too sure I agree about Stat......If he gets the ball and does a quick move to the hoop then yes.....But if Stat goes into his dribbling in the paint to get a basket then I expect a few Turnovers....

Kidd should get 5 minutes and if he looks good leave him in if he looks like he has the past few games then give prigioni 22 minutes instead of 19.