We can still win this series

New New York

Quiet Storm
I know I just sound like an overly optimistic fan but I really do think we can and actually will pull this one out.

We have lost the last 2 games because we missed makeable shots and allowed offensive rebounds.

All it will take is a player like Pablo or Shump to come on even just in the next couple of games, if we can (and frankly we'll have to) win the next 2 then the series is ours!

I am pretty confident in a game 5 victory but we just need that game to kick start a couple of guys! Ideally JR and Shump

Also...Kidd is due and no way with the possibility of playing his last NBA game he goes out on a 0 for whatever! Kidd will get some buckets in game 5

We gotta stop double teaming Hibbert! Let him try to score 30+ and if he does and that's what beats us then I'll take it! But giving up wide open 3's and/or offensive rebounds because our rebounders are chasing guys off the 3pt line to double Hibbert is dumb!

I know we have the personnel to right the ship

Indy is due a loss at home, if we take them in Game 5 I think they get comfortable with a possible close out game at home like we did Boston! If it goes 7 then we got them by double digits!

I know this is extremely bold considering how we have played the past 2 games...but we have been down at times this season and have rallied!

That 4 game losing streak had guys on this site thinking we were gonna drop to 6th in the East, instead we came together and won 14 straight...again not saying their is not a ton of things that need correcting, but I think we can get those things corrected and we can pull it out.

I'm not ready for the off season yet and neither are our boys!!!

CoolClyde

totally agreed, it ain't over till the fat lady sings in mike wood son's toilet!

think about every game knicks lost this year... Melo and/or JR not hitting,
stuck in iso mode.

think about every game knicks won, at beginning of year and 13 game win
streak. passing the ball, lots of assists. DEFENSITY.
#Knickstape = contributions from everyone, not just Melo/JR having a great game.

think about the other members of #Knickstape, that made this squad a TEAM,
and what they've contributed to this series (other than game 2):

Novak. garbage time. Camby, zip. Copeland, tidbits of time. Kidd, big fat zero.
Chandler, half the man-handler he used to be. STAT, minute minutes.

Earl Barron. 18 rebounds in his only game played, perhaps he deserves a couple
minutes to show knicks how to block out?

agreed, if Shumpert has a good game, Felton returns to point guard form,
along with the Prigger actually getting minutes and scoring, the knicks stand
a good chance of winning.

a return to fundamentals must include boxing out, passing around the horn,
finding the open man, and stopping the iso-bs.

this is not optimism, it is a reality that is easily within reach.

Melo and JR must stop this I-I-I mentality, stop putting the team on their
back, and let the #Knickstape play like the #2 team in the east, the Atlantic
division champions, the 54 game winners they are.

we ain't going out this way.

Paul1355

All Star
Here is how we win the series.

Woodson drops his ego

Copeland, Novak and Prigioni all get minutes and virtually take away almost all minutes forom JR and Kidd.

Amare is featured more when he comes in and less Martin/CHandler duo that can't score.

Stop Double teaming on every play on defense.

Attack the basket and draw fouls, Hibbert got in trouble quickly in Indiana.

If J.R plays make sure he is driving to the hoop or sit him.

Use pick and roll so Felton can break down defense like he did against Celtics.

Preach to your team to either rebound or get benched....maybe try out Camby for spot minutes.

HOLD PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE!

Go small so they have to adjust but use right lineups.

bigapple

Starter
if Woodson will use entire bench and start shooting 3s brain playing and Knicks know how to win vs Heat they can beat Indiana.

Knicks lost 4-3 once when was up 3-1 but half team was suspended that time but they never overturnded 1-3 to 4-3

then Brakley ca be really quiet.

magicTS

Rookie
I moved to New York from the UK 18 months ago and have become an avid Knicks fan. Fortunately for me I've not endured the barren years many of you will have so perhaps am able to give a slightly more positive perspective to the 2012-13 season as whole as it perhaps comes toward its end. But by the way its far from over yet....... you just need to look at last nights Bruins game to see how things can change unexpectedly.

54 wins and a first Atlantic Division win since 1994, a first play off series victory in 13 years, 4 wins in Boston in a season, Melo leading ppg scorer in the NBA, record 3 point shooting in NBA history, the return of excitement and expectation to MSG basketball crowds, the 6th man of the year (yeah I no I know), the much anticipated rivalry with the Brooklyn Nets to look forward to, a 13 game winning streak, thrilling victories in Miami twice and in Oklahoma and San Antonio.

So you know what things haven't been all bad. Reading the forum tonight a lot has been forgotten. Who will forget Shumps ridiculous recent dunk or the continual 3 point barrages or Melo's 45 in Brooklyn or indeed his 131 in 3 games in early April. Yes performances have dipped alarmingly in recent games and the problem its been too many of the roster at once but there is much to look back on with a sense that the Knicks are back.

Things have not gone well in this series and even perhaps since around Game 4 in Boston it has all been a bit of a struggle but things have transpired against us; Smith's complete loss of form, mental strength and capacity to live act and play with discipline, Chandler's inability to dominate anywhere close to what he is capable - he looks like he is lethargic and morose, Kidd's NO points in 8 games, Shumpert's suspect knee, Novak's dodgy back, Amare's por return all season, some dubious officiating and perhaps even scheduling - we had all the momentum after game 2 and had to wait 4 days to play in Indiana. Excuses can be found but the reality is not enough players have performed like we need them to up until this point. It can still change.

This is a young side who have little experience closing out series. We will win on Thursday, I'm sure of that. We will bounce back, they will be less intense and we will outscore them, I'll predict now Smith will have a good game. Then its back to Indiana and the pressure shifts to them, in a way we have little to lose. We can't play as poorly again as we have in 4 previous visits this season. Who knows, if we can just regain some shooting form. There is still hope, keep the heads up !!

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Great performance tonight by Copeland to be the spark off the bench and hit some much needed 3's....also hustled his ass off.

We have extended the season by a game with the win tonight. If Indiana knows what's best for them....they better come out guns blazing Saturday night.....cause if we can get to a game 7, we ain't losing! 1 day and game at a time

:gony:

DrB

Benchwarmer
NO DOUBT we are the better shooting team and they are best Defensive team...but what happened in Game 5 was the PACERS remarkable offensive performance in Game 4 was absent as they were hitting 3's ; out rebounded us 54 to 32; and they were the THUGS.
Then we became the THUGS, we held out own on the boards -2 , and were better but not good scoring the ball. In Game 6 we must take their crowd out of it by opening up a lead from the GITGO. The mantra must be make the extra pass and hit the open man.

deenice

Rookie
Is it me or are the refs deciding these games. I mean Chandler was getting away with pushoffs, border line flagrant fouls, and holds on Hibbert all night. IF he was in Indiana he would of had 4 fouls in less than 2 quarters?

With that being said, does the NBA really want an Indy Knicks Series, bad enough they have a Memphis/San Antonio series. We saw it all the time in the 80's especially in 2 -3- 2 Series. Those playoffs always went to 7 games!

Hopefully the Knicks will play Copeland, like they should have all series, and 'eek out a win saturday night. Vey hard place for the Knicks to win as well:(.

Kiyaman

Legend
Can the Knicks win this series vs Pacers? YEAH! with a strong team-effort, and Woodson having confidence in 13 players rather than just two players.
We have the better roster of players, we just need our players to compliment each other on defense, on offense/defense-rebounds, and ball movement. We are not a small-ball team or small rotation team in this series vs Pacers, we have to play BIG using a 10 man rotation to stay out of foul trouble by the 4th quarter.

Felton / Prig
Shump / JR
Melo / Cope
K-Mart / Stat
Tyson / Camby
Kidd & Novak for stand-by perimeter 3's

Not sure if it's been said yet, but ESPN's NBA writer that covers the Pacers says that George Hill is almost certainly out for the remainder of this series because of NBA concussion protocol.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The key to our team is jr. Melo does what he does but if jr is even halfway on it opens up our whole offensive flow. I think they can win it but its gonna be hard

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
When Amare comes in he must establish himself early in the low post as well. That will give some relief to JR so that maybe he won't chuck up so many wild shots and can drive the lane and at least get some fouls if not the basket.

bigapple

Starter
history of this series from 94

knicks were up 2-0 then pacers even the series
pacers then were up 3-2 reggies 25pts in 4th quarter
then knicks even the series and huge tension in game 7 till last seconds

in 95 pacers stolen game 1 famous miller 8 points in 8.9 secs [only t-mac scores 13 points in 30 secs]

then knicks even the series but later series went to 3-1 again knicks even series and then most remarkable miss put back by Ewing and Indiana stay alive and beat Knicks 4-3 i will never forget it

1998 series to forget 1-4

1999 no one will forgot 4 point play of LJ :D

and now Knicks are down 3-2 and just heard that G Hill will not play game 6

so do Knicks have a chance to force game 7?

DrB

Benchwarmer
Here is how we win the series.

Woodson drops his ego

Copeland, Novak and Prigioni all get minutes and virtually take away almost all minutes forom JR and Kidd.

Amare is featured more when he comes in and less Martin/CHandler duo that can't score.

Stop Double teaming on every play on defense.

Attack the basket and draw fouls, Hibbert got in trouble quickly in Indiana.

If J.R plays make sure he is driving to the hoop or sit him.

Use pick and roll so Felton can break down defense like he did against Celtics.

Preach to your team to either rebound or get benched....maybe try out Camby for spot minutes.

HOLD PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE!

Go small so they have to adjust but use right lineups.
Can't agree with you less....we must get JR untracked period. Yes Copeland gave us a great game and maybe his jitters are over but STAT can only play 10 min so he's a non factor. Camby has not played at all and for him to see a minute would be Chandler and K Mart down for the count. Novak while he might hit a three or 2 is such a defensive liability that he's earned a permanent spot on the bench.Chandler must bring some offense as he did in his double double game. If the Knicks win tonight I believe they will win the SERIES. If Melo, JR, Felton and most importantly SHUMPERT show up offensively...the Knicks limit second chance which the PACERS got 9 buckets on 12 offensive rebounds look for our Blood Pressure to be off the RICHTER SCALE in game 7. Go Knicks....at age 72 I am to old for this pressure ..I need 2 blow out Knick Victories....but I will settle for 2 WINS.

Kiyaman

Legend
When Amare comes in he must establish himself early in the low post as well. That will give some relief to JR so that maybe he won't chuck up so many wild shots and can drive the lane and at least get some fouls if not the basket.

When Stat enters the game, two offensive plays should automatically be given to him to score, and I dont mean ISO plays. Stat never had any ISO plays with pass-first Nash.
Holding the ball (Melo & JR) should never be done when Stat is on the court.
We actually deserve to lose when we give Stat or Cope (3 to 4) spot-minutes of playingtime, the two bigmen give us a decent performances when we give them 8 straight minutes of playingtime.

I notice JR rarely pass the ball to Stat, so Stat never set any screens for JR to drive the lane like Stat did for Nash, Bell, and Marion. I also notice that K-Mart stop setting screens for JR to drive the lane like K-Mart did for JR during our 13 game winning streak.