Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Game 5 / Knicks vs Pacers - 05/16 8:00 pm

Game Thread 2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Game 5 / Knicks vs Pacers - 05/16 8:00 pm

I'm a bit caught up with some unfinished job, i'll get back to this by tipoff

Game 5, Do or die!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

sigh....this could be it folks, lets hope we come out strong because losing 4-1 is the worst thing ever and Knicks should look to rebuild if this happens. I rather lose with pride at 4-3.

Veteran

Win or lose tonight, my first concern is that we play a better brand of basketball from top to bottom. If we lose tonight and lose because we continue to be dysfunctional in nearly every way, we will be lost going into the offseason and possibly make some of those characteristic Knicks offseason mistakes we've been making for the last decade or so.

That said, I think we can take this one tonight. We just need to find the magic again. Let's go Knicks!

Veteran

Not so fast my friends!!!! I forgot about 95' when the Knicks came back from a similar situation against the same Pacers. We just need to win a game. Sounds simple but it's true. Then the Pacers will be feeling the heat. I hope the Garden is a madhouse tonight. It's Knicks Pride time.

Brutal stat for NYK: Roy Hibbert has twice as many offensive rebounds (22) in the series as Tyson Chandler has defensive rebounds (11).

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Not so fast my friends!!!! I forgot about 95' when the Knicks came back from a similar situation against the same Pacers. We just need to win a game. Sounds simple but it's true. Then the Pacers will be feeling the heat. I hope the Garden is a madhouse tonight. It's Knicks Pride time.
    Very true. Good point. Let's go Knicks!

GTFO!!

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Brutal stat for NYK: Roy Hibbert has twice as many offensive rebounds (22) in the series as Tyson Chandler has defensive rebounds (11).

That said, we're going back to Prigs in the starting lineup which is good. Was stupid for Woodson to go against something we've been doing all year in playing Melo at the 4. Felton needs a good game. JR needs a good game. Guys need to make shots.

I think we need to play either Cope or Novak to help w floor spacing. The team needs to move the ball and defend solidly 1:1, no doubling.

If we do the above we'll be fine.

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    GTFO!!

That said, we're going back to Prigs in the starting lineup which is good. Was stupid for Woodson to go against something we've been doing all year in playing Melo at the 4. Felton needs a good game. JR needs a good game. Guys need to make shots.

I think we need to play either Cope or Novak to help w floor spacing. The team needs to move the ball and defend solidly 1:1, no doubling.

Agreed. Reppin to the fullest hoping our boys can live to die another day. New Knicks Marvel Spidey fit(check), Puma 70's Cool Clyde kicks(check), Melo Swingman jersey(check)....Lets go Knicks!!!!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    GTFO!!

novak is 'useless'.. the pacer "D" will be bumping and pushing him out to 1/2 court... not to mention he is less then 'useless' on "D"...

Veteran

We lost that series in Game 7 but the comparison is similar. The Pacers took a 3-1 lead in the series and the Knicks won the next 2 forcing a game 7, unfortunately this wasn't one of the 8 Cinderella stories where a team was down 3-1 and won the series.

The boys are going have to shoot lights out from 3 to beat this Pacer team and play lock down D forcing mad turnovers to compensate for the rebounding advantage they have.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    We lost that series in Game 7 but the comparison is similar. The Pacers took a 3-1 lead in the series and the Knicks won the next 2 forcing a game 7, unfortunately this wasn't one of the 8 Cinderella stories where a team was down 3-1 and won the series.

The boys are going have to shoot lights out from 3 to beat this Pacer team and play lock down D forcing mad turnovers to compensate for the rebounding advantage they have.
    Yep we were within a Ewing fingeroll of coming all the way back. I had literally erased that one from my memory banks until I was reminded this morning. It's just good to be back in the conversation instead of on the outside looking in. The playoffs are a process....

Veteran

Yep we were within a Ewing fingeroll of coming all the way back. I had literally erased that one from my memory banks until I was reminded this morning. It's just good to be back in the conversation instead of on the outside looking in. The playoffs are a process....
    I am sure that Ewing miss is what they are playing over and over in the Pacer locker room tonight.....nothing like seeing the Knicks walk off the court for that game......Reggie Milers 30/30 espn shows that play over and over again....

lets just win tonight..........Losing and its over....thats depressing..

George Hill is out with a Concussion

Veteran

Off to a good start.....got to make good on layups and open shots

Veteran

JR and Cope!!!!