Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Pacers [G6 ECSF] 5/18/13 8:00PM

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    You just don't trade the NBA scoring champ for a big, unless it's Shaq in his prime...
    If you want to win you will... you would get not just one great player but probably two and some guys to come off the bench. We traded our whole team away just for melo.If you want to win you would make the trade.

We might have been better off with freaking kurt thomas as our center. Tyson looses his cool so easily and makes ****head foul calls all the time

Disappointing ending, but a good season........ This team just needs a midrange scorer or wing (rotation) defender to get to the next level....... This team lived by the three, and ultimately died by the three. (The disparity in FTA in this last game was because the Pacers attacked the basket, the Knicks settled for outside shots.) If the defense is pounding Melo and JR is off, the team lacks a reliable third and fourth option. The team can once again use another rebounder off the bench.

Originally Posted by Lercher
    Let's face it, Indiana is just a better team, quicker, more physical, more motivated, better coached.
    The were just too big , too powerful and had the refs in their pockets but the bottom line is the beat the KNICKS four times...they were better. Thannk you Knicks for play your hearts out...Chandler was over matched by Hibbert..one of the few big men that could do that.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    If you want to win you will... you would get not just one great player but probably two and some guys to come off the bench. We traded our whole team away just for melo.If you want to win you would make the trade.
    No, bigs is something you find in the draft and in free agency.....Superstars is something you keep, at all cost.

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    Disappointing ending, but a good season........ This team just needs a midrange scorer or wing (rotation) defender to get to the next level....... This team lived by the three, and ultimately died by the three. (The disparity in FTA in this last game was because the Pacers attacked the basket, the Knicks settled for outside shots.) If the defense is pounding Melo and JR is off, the team lacks a reliable third and fourth option. The team can once again use another rebounder off the bench.
    Well said and more...thank God we did not have to see Felton and Prigioni go up aganst Lebron as HILL owned Felton

Originally Posted by Meloball
    ****ing mother ****er refs
    Yes but loosing Game 1 lost home court...that's the price you pay.

Superstar

If we could trade melo and some more players for a big man under the rim I say DO IT!!!!!
    Honestly the dumbest thing i've ever read on this forum. We couldn't score so let's trade the scoring champ for a big man. Not only the scoring champ but let's throw in more players as well smh. There should be some sort of test to weed out retards before signing up.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I have my complaints about Melo but NOT tonight.....his 4th quarter was weak but the guy played like a monster the foirst 3 quarters.....this is not on him.......Woody leaving JR in just moronic.....rather see Kidd on defense.....then JR shooting and missing and then losing his guy on defense

We need Melo's ISO moves in the 4th qtr. not the first 3 qtrs. when we were suppose to be driving inside to get Hibbert in foul trouble the first 3 qrts. .. Shump, Cope, and JR's 3 ball shots in less than 3 minutes tied the game early in the 4th qtr., while Melo was sitting on the bench.

The next thing someone is going to suggest is that the Knicks trade Carmelo Anthony for Jeremy Lin.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    No, bigs is something you find in the draft and in free agency.....Superstars is something you keep, at all cost.
    Theres a difference in players you call superstars. Magic Johnson,MJ,Larry bird,Kareem,Ewing was superstars b/c they done it all. they done more than just score. they played defense,hustled,was a leader and played teamball. All that melo does is score and to me that's not a superstar. Denver wanted rid of him b/c the ball always stoped when it touched his hands.They got rid of him and had a great season and would have went farther if galo didn't get hurt.Listen im just not a fan in players that play like melo b/c they never win anything that's important and that's a title NBA Title

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    We need Melo's ISO moves in the 4th qtr. not the first 3 qtrs. when we were suppose to be driving inside to get Hibbert in foul trouble the first 3 qrts. .. Shump, Cope, and JR's 3 ball shots in less than 3 minutes tied the game early in the 4th qtr., while Melo was sitting on the bench.
    Yes and right when melo came in shump and cope didn't shoot again and away went our lead.

Superstar

If we could trade melo and some more players for a big man under the rim I say DO IT!!!!!
    The silliest proposal ever... Who would/could we trade him for. I hate when people say trade melo but then can't even fathom a good enough deal. Makes me sick! U don't trade a scoring champ . U build talent around him. And that really hasn't been the case. It seems like it but it hasn't this team has been built on the potential of a stat and melo pairing. That's y we have a "defensive" center and a pick and roll pg. well how bout we find players who move without the ball and cut through the lane because melo will find u. He's a willing and smart player. Get rid of novak and somehow acquire kyle korver

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Melo is one of the few players I would keep. Melo needs help. Look at KD without Westbrook..out in 5

I have been a Knicks fan since 1990 I am 33 now, and I have lived( not you tubed) thru very painful moments Charles Smith layup attempts in the 93 ECF against the Bulls. Reggie Miller 25 points in the 4th. quarter of the 94 ECF. Starks 2-18 game 7 against Houston.Reggie Miller 8 points in 9 sec. in in 95 semis, Ewing missed finger roll layup in game 7 of 95 Semis. and I rank this game with these I have seriously not seen a game that should be investigated since 2002 Game 6 of the WCF King vs. Lakers. 42 FT for the Pacers 18 for the Knicks and I did not count the last couple because they were intentional. That last call on KMART down 4 against Hill was a complete abomination even if we would have played PERFECT we would have lost with such a big disparity at the Line ...With this being said I will get over this in a couple of days ...The only players we need to bring back are Melo, Cope, Shump, Prig, and KMART ..Woodson also needs to go he simply get's out coached in the playoffs there is a reason ATL fired him even though he can win you 50 + during the regular season .Bring in either Van Gundy Jeff or Stan or give Ewing a chance ..