I doubt they would have made it. they were protecting the perimeter pretty good because they weren't worried about penetration because of hibbert. I think iso melo worked pretty well against them.
Really needed a blow job from my gf after watching that painful injustice screw job by the refs when they didn't even need to screw us since Mike Woodson, Tyson Chander, Amare Stoudimire, Raymond Felton and JR Smith showed their true colors as cold reptilian slimey mothasuckas....if I see these guys on this roster next year I will raise he'll in this forum and start a movement worse than the Starbury movement. I can promise you that.
As poor a jump shooter as is Shumpert, he is not a nut: he passes first. I am willing to support Knicks developing him into our starting SG. Andre Miller would be the new Derek Harper, for a 1994 style NBA finals run. Pau Gasol, who is no longer welcome in LA, although no longer as good, would be great in the paint and as a number 2 to Melo. Kleiza, if he can get back to how he was 2 years ago, would be a younger, whiter Ron Artest. Bring Copeland off the bench, at the 2 and 3, Prigs at the 1 and 2, KMART as a scrappy off-the-bench 4, and we're out with the eight man rotation, JVG era Knicks. Oh, and Woody needs to go: too many stupid mistakes, like not playing Shump for 12 minutes out of that fourth, after his three 3s in a row.
Hey fat tits do you realize the refs controlled the 4th quarter ? At least watch the game if you're going to call yourself a Knicks fan. George got away with a lot of uncalled push offs and offensive fouls. We got piped.
1. Re-sign Pablo Prigioni
2. Re-sign Kenyon Martin
3. Don't sign JR Smith or just let him walk because Shumpert should take on a 30 min + role at SG, which makes JR Smith expendable. Resign Iman.
4. Get Jason Kidd an assistant coaching job after he retires
5. Find some kind of offer for Amare...
6. Draft Schroeder or GA, must have prospects
7. Resign Copeland
8. Trade Felton to the Jazz for their #21 Pick Draft Schroeder with this pick
9. Draft Adetokonbo with the #24
10. Draft Ricky Ledo (buy late 2nd round pick)
11. Sign Francisco Garcia or Tony Allen
12. Splitter/Kirilenko/Dalembert/J'Oneal/JJ Hickson/Blair are all unrestricted free agents. If we don't have enough cap space to sign one of these guys, I understand...but they should be major targets since they all can answer our woes at PF/C. I don't know how our cap situation to the fullest, so I'll leave these guys out for now but the interest in these big men should be at a high priority.
We need to dump Amare and Chandler. They're used goods fragile and injury prone half hearted men.
Splitter, Kirilenko, Hickson and even Blair would be upgrades. We need a back to the basket scorer, a midrange scorer and a replacement for Smith and Novak to save Melo.
Chandler was awful, coaching was awful, too much doubling, terrible rotations. Kidd should have been cut from the rotation long ago. Shump misssed a few jumpers the other day and gets benched yet JR cold since boston and constantly got minutes, crazy.
Melo and Shump should have played the entire 4th, probably the whole 2nd half.
Our contracts are ridiculous (I thought Kidd 3 years was crazy at first then the moment I started to believe in Kidd he disappears and became the garbage player I thought he'd be. In Dallas he was already on a sharp decline and his 3pt shooting wasn't that great now we're stuck with him for 2 more years? And camby??)
Ugh what a mess.