View Poll Results: Who are you happy to cut?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kidd

3 23.08%
  • Amare

3 23.08%
  • Smith

6 46.15%
  • Camby

0 0%
  • Novak

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off-season Subtractions

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    melo was playing injured with a popped shoulder....you sound like an *******
    Stop expecting 100% FG shooting from Melo, he gave us everything he had

Im a so/so fan of melo but when your starting All-Star Center plays like he"s an amatuer and your starting PG Vanishes and the 6th man MVP plays horribly we need to be glad Melo kept us in some of these games......

Just always remember JR comes at a price..its like Fools gold.

@metro: Melo a clutch performer? Nah, last night's game was just another example of him vanishing when it counts the most. He played phenomenal, but the problem is he isn't consistent enough to singlehanded win us the series. Two great performances out of 12 playoff games won't make it done. However, it is fair to admit that unlike many championship caliber teams we don't have a reliable 2nd scoring option. It's or Melo or nothing and with JR choking and Amare not doing **** there was no way we could somehow advance on to the ECF. We should deeply reconsider this team's philosophy, I'd say keep Melo, Shump, Chandler, Felton and some role players e.g. Cope, Kenyon and Prigs and move on from there. I don't think there would be many options to get rid of Amare, Kidd or Camby, who all have multiple years left on their contracts, but who knows, Grunwald proved many times he can make something out of nothing.

No matter what it's going to get worse before it gets better.

My main hope is the organisation finally grasps we need a long term vision if we're ever going to compete for a title year in and year out. Key now is not to take any shot cuts i.e resigning a mentally weak person such as JR. Brick. Have to ride bad contracts of Camby, Amare, Fat Ray, Kidd... accept we'll only fall short with such an aging squad and be prepared to do what is right in the long term come 2015.

That means a proper GM, a truly top quality coach and a genuine focus on building a core via the draft.

Originally Posted by Lercher
    @metro: Melo a clutch performer? Nah, last night's game was just another example of him vanishing when it counts the most. He played phenomenal, but the problem is he isn't consistent enough to singlehanded win us the series. Two great performances out of 12 playoff games won't make it done. However, it is fair to admit that unlike many championship caliber teams we don't have a reliable 2nd scoring option. It's or Melo or nothing and with JR choking and Amare not doing **** there was no way we could somehow advance on to the ECF. We should deeply reconsider this team's philosophy, I'd say keep Melo, Shump, Chandler, Felton and some role players e.g. Cope, Kenyon and Prigs and move on from there. I don't think there would be many options to get rid of Amare, Kidd or Camby, who all have multiple years left on their contracts, but who knows, Grunwald proved many times he can make something out of nothing.
    Win as team, lose as...you know the rest.

Overall philosophy was flawed, can't win a title lacking both low post scoring and a truly consistent second scoring option.