Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off-Season Keepers and Additions

Default Off-Season Keepers and Additions

Who should we keep and who should we add?

I believe we need to keep:

Felton
    Prigioni
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Copeland
    Martin

without a doubt, anyone else in my opinion should retire or is expendable.

Add:

Chris Paul is prize addition.

A consistent 3 point shooting 2 guard.

A PG that can penetrate to the basket.

SIZE: We need defensive rebounding big men the most
    Last edited by Paul1355; May 18, 2013 at 23:04.

There's no chance we could sign a max gut like Paul with our cap other than sign and trade right?

I think we will need to ad size and a consistent 2 guard.

The Knicks need to convince Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby and Amar'e Stoudemire to retire. Let JR Smith walk away in free agency. Trade Tyson Chandler, Steve Novak and Raymond Felton. Try and sign K-Mart for one more year. The only players that should be in the Knicks' long term plan are Melo, Shumpert, Prigioni, and Copeland.

only if we could get another shump and they can both read each other minds. that kid has a heart of a lion.

We're stucked with Camby and Kidd for 2 more years. Novak and Felton for 3 more years. We're ****ED. This was the year...Our team was build to make a run now... Future is anything but bright..

we need to stop playing small ball and get either amare going or trade him for anything, picks, a big body who can rebound

Knicks need to target Steisma this off season Wolves are likely going to cut him. Knicks should pacakge the ronnie brewer second rounder and some expirings to the wolves and pick that guy up to be the full time back up. The knicks need reliable (younger) size and he is underrated right now having played for the Wolves. I really doubt any of the center prospects fall to the knicks at 24 so I think they should focus on getting the best overall player available with that pick to add overall depth.

Also the knicks got to trade Novak.... Not because he is bad. I actually think he is good, but him DNP most of the playoffs means the knicks need to get a guy who can get minutes under Woodson. Who for idk, the knicks would have to trade him to a team that needs outside scoring and unfortunately his salary doesn't quite add up to anyone else's so the knicks would likely have to take on salary.

I am a massive knicks fan, but the knicks management are seriously Dick Heads for who they have let go and who they have signed ! Their attitude is to buy quick championships, which is just stupid. you need patience , draft well and stop bringing in old hacks from other clubs who have had their day in the sun. Kidd, Stat, Chandler etc should never have been recruited. Look at all the awesome young kids we lost for those players?

Now we are totally ****ed - Got a team full of old hacks who need to retire , and we have hardly any youth ! Just stupidity as far as i am concerned !

we should be looking to have a prolonged period of success over 5-7 years, rather than buy single championships here and there ! until we learn this and the management changes their strategy, we wont ever win a championship sadly IMO

Originally Posted by wian
    I am a massive knicks fan, but the knicks management are seriously Dick Heads for who they have let go and who they have signed ! Their attitude is to buy quick championships, which is just stupid. you need patience , draft well and stop bringing in old hacks from other clubs who have had their day in the sun. Kidd, Stat, Chandler etc should never have been recruited. Look at all the awesome young kids we lost for those players?

Now we are totally ****ed - Got a team full of old hacks who need to retire , and we have hardly any youth ! Just stupidity as far as i am concerned !

we should be looking to have a prolonged period of success over 5-7 years, rather than buy single championships here and there ! until we learn this and the management changes their strategy, we wont ever win a championship sadly IMO
    Another reason the knicks need to try to move stuff around in order to keep Copeland

Shump, Copeland (aka NY's Brandon Rush), and this years rookie need to be the young depth the knicks build upon come 2015 and all those expirings come off the books.
    Last edited by Wargames; May 19, 2013 at 05:20.

that was better year than Denver look @ that Denver with Karl 60 wins and done for 9th time in 1st round

i am worry mostly bout COpe i dont want him leave.

Knicks were oldest team that passed 1st round and they were simply close to east finals vs heat Indy will not win vs heat they got nothing to say none of them have playoffs experience they just used weaknes of Knicks under glass

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Who should we keep and who should we add?

I believe we need to keep:

Felton
    Prigioni
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Copeland
    Martin

without a doubt, anyone else in my opinion should retire or is expendable.

Add:

Chris Paul is prize addition.

A consistent 3 point shooting 2 guard.

A PG that can penetrate to the basket.

SIZE: We need defensive rebounding big men the most
    If you want a team that will only make the PLAYOFFS and maybe win in round 1 then everyone but MELO and SHUMPERT are tradeable....Felton was exposed by HILL to be a zero in crunch time. PRIGIONI was supposed to a bench player getting 15 min tops...He can't drive to basket and his offense is poor. His defense is good to very good in the regular season as he plays alott of .500 teams or less. He cheap and made 484,000. Copeland may hit the free agency but I hope he stays.Martin and Amare are not the players of their youth...their best days are behind them. We are stuck with Amare's contract. So rebuilding this team must involve a Chandler, Novak , Martin or Copeland trade package for good fits of atheletisim and youth.

Originally Posted by wian

Perfectly stated whether down under or here it's just that obvious.

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    we need to stop playing small ball and get either amare going or trade him for anything, picks, a big body who can rebound
    They shopped Amare all summer. He is uninsurable and his knees have had it. He looked terrible ion GAME 6 and while he was productive in the regular season off the bench he's a 19 million dollar sub. No NBA team wants him..PERIOD.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    We're stucked with Camby and Kidd for 2 more years. Novak and Felton for 3 more years. We're ****ED. This was the year...Our team was build to make a run now... Future is anything but bright..
    Can't add a thing to a perfect 3 sentence right on summary.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Knicks need to target Steisma this off season Wolves are likely going to cut him. Knicks should pacakge the ronnie brewer second rounder and some expirings to the wolves and pick that guy up to be the full time back up. The knicks need reliable (younger) size and he is underrated right now having played for the Wolves. I really doubt any of the center prospects fall to the knicks at 24 so I think they should focus on getting the best overall player available with that pick to add overall depth.

Also the knicks got to trade Novak.... Not because he is bad. I actually think he is good, but him DNP most of the playoffs means the knicks need to get a guy who can get minutes under Woodson. Who for idk, the knicks would have to trade him to a team that needs outside scoring and unfortunately his salary doesn't quite add up to anyone else's so the knicks would likely have to take on salary.
    You suggestions do not build a championship team. The Knicks will ride Amare, Novak , Kidd, and Camby who should politely walk away but won't because they make 19 million, 4 million, 3 million, and 4.5 million respectively. They are 3 has beens and a NEVER WAS NOVAK.