Off-Season Keepers and Additions

clumsy

Rotation player
I would say that we are maxed out at the salary cap but we can probably pickup some veterans for really cheap.

Stephen Jackson, and if the Lakers Amnesty Artest maybe we could pick him up.

clumsy

Rotation player
Also if we can somehow trade Tyson Chandler for Irsan Ilyasova (he's a poor man's Dirk to me and was not used correctly at all in Milwaukee due to 2 super high usage guard...he could be a great #2 option) and Larry Sanders i'd be all for it.

Wargames

Starter
You suggestions do not build a championship team. The Knicks will ride Amare, Novak , Kidd, and Camby who should politely walk away but won't because they make 19 million, 4 million, 3 million, and 4.5 million respectively. They are 3 has beens and a NEVER WAS NOVAK.

Duh man but thats the damn problem no one has patience for this team and automatically falls into gloom and doom when things don't go our way. Down from the owner, to the media, to the fans. All that does is lead us to disappointment. Instead the knicks should try to put players in place now and build a culture of winning now that when Amare and Tyson come off the books (maybe to be re-signed for a much more realistic number).

The knicks need to get better roleplayers and better overall depth. Get Tyson a legitimate Center to play the 5 behind him. Go after and find a real SF to play SF as a starter. Increase Cope's minutes and cut some of JR's.

Felton/Prigioni
Shump/JR
???/Cope
Melo/Stat/Kmart
Chandler/??? (I hope the knicks go for Steisma)

Trade Novak for something. He has value because he is a respectable shooter who can get hot. On a team with lots of shooters or in need of a shooter he would be great.

Anyhow make those moves and double down on the successes we had this year. The knicks need to spend the regular season perfecting a system that would work better in the playoffs like the flex Offense. And then make another run. Trust me in 2015 if the knicks have a team that has had 50 wins over the last 3 seasons they won't have to overpay players (with extra years included) to come to NY unlike before.

R0y7c3t.jpg

Wargames

Starter
why not.....maybe not everyone wants to play with Melo like we seems to think......

Thats the thing forget about going out there and selling Melo to players. The knicks need to sell playing for a winning team, in NY, alongside Melo and getting paid a fair price to do it.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Do you think Trey Thompkins, Jeremy Tyler and/or DeMarre Carroll could be signed???

Carroll is an energy player somewhat like what Landry Fields gave us...
Tyler another athletic big man could learn a lot behind Martin (if Kenyon is re-signed)...
Thompkins has a decent mid range game for PF (6'10" PF with a perimeter mid range game could develop nicely in rotation with Melo)...

Now, yes both Tyler and Thompkins have some injury issues, but would bring depth and energy to our bench...

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
I wanted to put in SF Terrence Williams but he is currently dealing with an off the field issue -- legal... Don't know how bad it is but this kid has enough to break the starting rotation along side Shumpert either play the SG or SF position... He would command $3 - $5 per but is capable of improving our starting 5...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Rady, you're slacking on not banning this lame idiot.

Seriously.... Legit knicks fans have been banned for less trolling.... He's not a knick fan and obviously trolling but its being allowed. He has to go he isn't welcome.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

New New York

Quiet Storm
Additions

Backup PG AJ Price mini mid level: poor man's Andre Miller nice backup PG type

Bigmen: Jerome Jordan, Draft Dieng (if on the board)

Vet FA's

Al Harrington: an invite to camp would be safe, he and Copeland would be redundant so if we bring back Cope can't see us going after him but if Cope bolts then I'd give him a call

Keepers

Kmart: Key contributor at the end of season, would excell with full season
Q Rich: 2 way player who spreads the floor miss or make
Priggs: fan and coach favorite
JR: for the right price
Copeland: I suspect he'll improve on D, if nothing else he'll continue to knock down shots.

Subtractions
Kidd: no disrespect but times up
Camby: not sure what happened but its time to part ways
James White: gave us nothing

On the fence

Novak: not ready to cut him outright but I'd take a couple of 2nd rounders for him if one of the picks is in this year's draft. He's risky because one more season like this he'll be forgotten about and we are stuck with him and his contract.

Felton/Price/Priggs
Shump/JR/Q
Melo/Q Rich/Harrington or Cope
Kmart/Stat/Cope or Harrington/Melo
Tyson/Kmart/Deing/Jordan

subtle changes nothing too dramatic but we would be bigger and younger than this year's team while still being pretty deep.

2nd unit of Price,Jr,Q,Stat,Kmart would beat lottery bound teams and low seeded playoff teams in a 5 game series.

metrocard

Legend
How can you want to keep Q-Rich but not Kidd or Camby? Q-Rich hasn't done anything this season and he's only in the NBA because of what he did 5-6 years ago. his last 3 seasons have been trash, even defensively. He was never a good offensive player to begin with. An average 3pt shooter who took away too many shots for his skill.

Camby deserves another chance, he battled injuries all season long and teams who give up on him too early (us) he ends up playing well for another team. Plus, what back up C can you find better than Camby for the price you're able to get Camby?

and all this anti-Kidd nonsense needs to go.

He did play like crap majority of the 2nd half of the season...but when he played well, his play elevated the team. It made us the best defensive team we could possibly be. Kidd's defense against Boston was a factor in helping us get out of that series in game 6.

For a 3rd string PG/SG, Kidd is a great option.

New New York

Quiet Storm
How can you want to keep Q-Rich but not Kidd or Camby? Q-Rich hasn't done anything this season and he's only in the NBA because of what he did 5-6 years ago. his last 3 seasons have been trash, even defensively. He was never a good offensive player to begin with. An average 3pt shooter who took away too many shots for his skill.

Camby deserves another chance, he battled injuries all season long and teams who give up on him too early (us) he ends up playing well for another team. Plus, what back up C can you find better than Camby for the price you're able to get Camby?

and all this anti-Kidd nonsense needs to go.

He did play like crap majority of the 2nd half of the season...but when he played well, his play elevated the team. It made us the best defensive team we could possibly be. Kidd's defense against Boston was a factor in helping us get out of that series in game 6.

For a 3rd string PG/SG, Kidd is a great option.

The descion not keep Kidd is not a slight to him in anyway but frankly he won't hold up another season this really was it. I'd love December November Kidd back but lets be realistic...plus how can you bash Felton and give blind support to Kidd?

Q Rich missing a whole season but staying in game shape is impressive, again he's a two way player (Shump is the only one of those we have) he'll be cheap...he can still grab boards...when Q was here last he was used wrong they allowed him to shoot a high volume, I propose using him as a decoy on offensive to draw guys off double teams while not compromising on D, not bad for a vet min

metrocard

Legend
I believe Kidd does a lot on the court that doesn't show up in the stat sheet. I respect his veteran-ship and if you look at it, whatever team he plays on, they're a playoff contending team. No Kidd on the Mavs? They stink. No Kidd on the Nets? They stink

Yo Kiyaman, back me up here.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I believe Kidd does a lot on the court that doesn't show up in the stat sheet. I respect his veteran-ship and if you look at it, whatever team he plays on, they're a playoff contending team. No Kidd on the Mavs? They stink. No Kidd on the Nets? They stink

Yo Kiyaman, back me up here.

I respect the intagiables, I really do, But the fact of the matter is that Kidd wore down as the season went on. This is not just about his cold shooting (only a fool thought he would continue to lead the league in 3pt shooting for the whole season) its that he became a bit of a liability.

Now you mention the drop off in Mavs and Nets play when he departed....now you know that the Kidd that left The Nets is not the Kidd that we inherited, they gave up a MVP type player for Devin Harris. So that's can't even be considered in this discussion.

And The Mavs lost more than just Kidd. Dirk was out for the start of the season and OJ Mayo was their franchise player and even when Dirk did return he looked rusty to say the very least! They rallied and nearly made the playoffs despite but I do not think Kidd would have made a difference this year for them.

Again, I really do appreciate what Kidd brings, but at this point he's Ewing on The Magic, Hakeem on The Raptors, Jordan on The Wizards, Pippen during his 2nd run with The Bulls or Malone on The Lakers...hell of career but its time to hang it up!

metrocard

Legend
even with Dirk, Mavericks lost their identity. Kidd orchestrated that team offensively and defensively.

Kidd has digressed, but not enough for us to give up on him. Plus his contract doesn't expire.

He's a great 2nd/3rd string PG.

Pablo is staying him here too.

It's best if we package Felton/Chandler to free up some cap space and draft a rookie PG to learn under Kidd/Prigioni. That'll be the most ideal situation for us.

We're wasting time and money with Felton. He's already shown what he's capable of us and has played to his limit. Felton played the worst defense all season long and turned it up for the series against the Celtics. Offensively, most of the time he doesn't know when the score or pass...his passing creativity is limited. We need a Rubio type facilitator and a Kemba Walker type creator.

Knicks trade
Tyson Chandler
Raymond Felton
Earl Barron
2013 #24 pick(draft Tony Mitchell)
2014 first round pick

OKC trades
Kendrick Perkins
Serge Ibaka
Thabo Sefalosha
2013 #12 pick (Draft Schroeder)

OKC