Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iman Shumpet > JR Smith

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Iman Shumpet > JR Smith

Shump only has played 1 whole NBA season with the lockout last year and his injury this year.

He has Dwayne Wade upside with a 3pt shot.

We already seen the best of JR Smith, and his prime isn't anything sexy.

Shumpert is the complete package at SG and playing him at SF would just hinder his progress and comfort with his game.

Let JR go.

His Jamal Crawford style of ball isn't needed on this team, along with Woodson who has a hard on for JR and never reduces his minutes even if JR isn't playing defense or looking terrible on offense. Players should earn their minutes, not be awarded.

JR's poor defense throughout the playoffs and god-awful shooting really killed the meaning of his 6th man award..JR failed the franchise and I think we'll be too nice in giving him a second chance.

Shump is Knicks best defender after Pablo which will leave to ACB liga.

12th man

^ no articles or sources.

Superstar

I agree with letting Smith walk. Also I love Pablo and his on ball pressure but no way in hell is he in the same galaxy as Shump on D. One thing that was overlooked is Shump's D on George during this series. He's gonna be way better after an offseason to work on his game.

@ Metro .. i see you like my signature gif

12th man

Originally Posted by uber
    @ Metro .. i see you like my signature gif
    can't have JR Smith in my sig man...dude made me vomit twice last night.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

What's good Metro! The Jamal Crawford reference is on point. Woodson went with his gut and took a shot on JR. Can't hate on him for that. My issue with him is he never changed course when it clearly wasn't working out. 5 for 17 is not something we can live with. And it's not like JR is all that effective without the ball. Lastly, this live by the 3 **** has to stop. I love spot up shooters but we need an inside outside game and a team that does not completely rely on Melo to score. Will Amare ever get back to 30 mins per game? Can he get back to an 18 pt, 6 boards per game player again?

12th man

damn, when the Don is back, you know it's serious times in the Knicks nation.
    Good to hear from you.
    JR Smith and Woodson are an unbreakable couple, can their relationship hold the Knicks franchise reaching it's fullest potential?

Amare's inside scoring has had his moments, but within those moments he gets hurt; fragile like dining room glass and comes back from injury looking like he has a Kurt Thomas vertical leap, gets easily blocked and can't out rebound guys like Sam Young or Lance Stephenson.

We need big changes.

Veteran

Amar'e's contract is a problem, no doubt. But we need to focus on what we can actually fix.

Shump is an excellent player. He has demonstrated a good outside shot so far this year, we know for a fact that he is athletic as all hell, and he's always been a great defender. An off-season for him to work on his game and I think he has a good shot of being Most Improved Player for 2013-2014 kinda like Paul George was this year

JR Smith saying he wants to retire as a Knick lol I hope he stays that would mean Knicks will continue to suck.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

So you are up for losing Smith for nothing after him having a reasonably well year. Keep him and if the time comes use Smith as trade bait. We are not in a position to give up players of value who are on the right side of 30 years old. We have no cap, no room for mistakes, and we need any value we can find or keep. Cope , Smith , Shump, even Felton have value. We are not getting anything in terms of value for Amare or even Tyson Chandler. NBA teams are not going to save / reward the Knicks for giving those two *******s max and near max deals. Any GM that trades for Amare or Tyson will be fired before the all star break....

12th man

The source said [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] The source also said Anthony privately wishes the club will add a significant piece to the roster and not be status quo. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

If JR does sign and Woodson holds him accountable with reduced minutes you will see the negative side of JR that we saw in the playoffs.........Like I said Woody created an ideal situation for JR for him to peak. JR repayed that by his lack luster playoff play and most of all his attitude and commitment......

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    If JR does sign and Woodson holds him accountable with reduced minutes you will see the negative side of JR that we saw in the playoffs.........Like I said Woody created an ideal situation for JR for him to peak. JR repayed that by his lack luster playoff play and most of all his attitude and commitment......

JR.Smith 80 game season, JR average 17 shot attempts per game .. for 18 pts, 5 rbd, 2 ast, 1 stl, 0 blk, 1 to, 2 fouls, and one trip to the foul line in 33 minutes per game.

Here are the Super-Star players that average 17 and under shot attempts per game this season:
    Lebron
    Durant
    Harden
    Steph Curry
    DWade
    Zach Randolph
    CP3
    Griffin
    Plus 2nd season point-foward Paul George .. 15 shot attempts equal 17 pts, 8 rb, 4 ast, 1 stl, in 37 minutes per game.

Do the math .. I doubt if Woody give JR the same greenlight option next season.
    How will JR react???

12th man

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

JR.Smith 80 game season, JR average 17 shot attempts per game .. for 18 pts, 5 rbd, 2 ast, 1 stl, 0 blk, 1 to, 2 fouls, and one trip to the foul line in 33 minutes per game.

Here are the Super-Star players that average 17 and under shot attempts per game this season:
    Lebron
    Durant
    Harden
    Steph Curry
    DWade
    Zach Randolph
    CP3
    Griffin
    Plus 2nd season point-foward Paul George .. 15 shot attempts equal 17 pts, 8 rb, 4 ast, 1 stl, in 37 minutes per game.

Do the math .. I doubt if Woody give JR the same greenlight option next season.
    How will JR react???
    great post Kiya