Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stat have to leave?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Melo demands to touch the ball on practically every offensive-possession .. who's going to deny Melo the ball? not Woodson, he likes his job.
    I hear what you're saying. Carmelo is an awesome player and he demands that kind of respect by his skills but he needs to have a hunger to win. He shouldn't be satisfied by being top scorer. If he wants to win an MVP he needs to step his game up and learn to pass more often. The Knicks will never win a championship the way Melo plays. Look at Lebrons and Wade's assist numbers. Lebron averages 7.5 and Wade averages about 6. They allow their team's offense to be unpredictable and more well rounded which also motivates EVERYONE to go hard on defense. Melo playing the way he does, MAN, I'm not surprised why Stat is being considered to be on the bench next year. It's ridiculous. Melo knows how to play ball, if he would only get his mind to consider playing alongside Stat, I'm sure he would learn how to make the team run better. I don't see Stat averaging more than 2.5 assists per game but I can see Melo being able to average about 5.5 with the ability that he has. He just needs to change his "eyes on me" play style. When he learns to involve other people and change his "spotlight" play style, he will give himself the chance to win an MVP title, and MORE IMPORTANTLY A CHAMPIONSHIP.
    Last edited by NewYork; May 23, 2013 at 21:43.

Veteran

Originally Posted by NewYork
    I hear what you're saying. Carmelo is an awesome player and he demands that kind of respect by his skills but he needs to have a hunger to win. He shouldn't be satisfied by being top scorer. If he wants to win an MVP he needs to step his game up and learn to pass more often. The Knicks will never win a championship the way Melo plays. Look at Lebrons and Wade's assist numbers. Lebron averages 7.5 and Wade averages about 6. They allow their team's offense to be unpredictable and more well rounded which also motivates EVERYONE to go hard on defense. Melo playing the way he does, MAN, I'm not surprised why Stat is being considered to be on the bench next year. It's ridiculous. Melo knows how to play ball, if he would only get his mind to consider playing alongside Stat, I'm sure he would learn how to make the team run better. I don't see Stat averaging more than 2.5 assists per game but I can see Melo being able to average about 5.5 with the ability that he has. He just needs to change his "eyes on me" play style. When he learns to involve other people and change his "spotlight" play style, he will give himself the chance to win an MVP title, and MORE IMPORTANTLY A CHAMPIONSHIP.

Carmelo is an awesome scorer .. no one can take that from him, but thats all Melo is in a 82 game season.
    All the Knicks Fans who knew this about Melo wanted the Knicks to stay distant from the Melo-Trade.
    Dolan shouldve gave "Stat & Felton" a full season to gell with Gallo, W.Chandler, and Fields (Three-different type of SF) to base their two leadership roles given a 82 game season, and playoffs.
    Melo couldve been signed by the Knicks after a shorter CBA take over without the war between big-market vs small-market being the trickster at setting all the CBA rules.
    Owner Dolan's knowledge for greed, instead of knowledge about a Winning NBA or NHL team will always keep Knicks Fans on hold for a championship or a visit to the FINALS.

Donnie Walsh STUPID idea of signing two Max players went to Dolan's greed .. rather than add several star-players to compliment each other roles like GM Ainge, and GM Riley did by keeping things simple in the old CBA respective by paying high salaries that are quite lower than the max salary to keep several role-players on the team for 3 to 4 seasons.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Carmelo is an awesome scorer .. no one can take that from him, but thats all Melo is in a 82 game season.
    All the Knicks Fans who knew this about Melo wanted the Knicks to stay distant from the Melo-Trade.
    Dolan shouldve gave "Stat & Felton" a full season to gell with Gallo, W.Chandler, and Fields (Three-different type of SF) to base their two leadership roles given a 82 game season, and playoffs.
    Melo couldve been signed by the Knicks after a shorter CBA take over without the war between big-market vs small-market being the trickster at setting all the CBA rules.
    Owner Dolan's knowledge for greed, instead of knowledge about a Winning NBA or NHL team will always keep Knicks Fans on hold for a championship or a visit to the FINALS.

Donnie Walsh STUPID idea of signing two Max players went to Dolan's greed .. rather than add several star-players to compliment each other roles like GM Ainge, and GM Riley did by keeping things simple in the old CBA respective by paying high salaries that are quite lower than the max salary to keep several role-players on the team for 3 to 4 seasons.
    Okay, so what do you think the management should do now? We just have to hope for the best. We have good players that just need to let go of their egos. Who do you think the Knicks should acquire that will help the team out?

I agree with what Zwerling stated, "But it's also not just the roster; it's how Woodson manages the roster. That's really key for next season. He hurt the team against the playoffs with his poor offensive strategy and substitution patterns.".