Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA draft (rev 2.0)

Schroeder would be perfect, somehow need to get that Dallas pick to guarantee it.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

this guy has a 46 inch vertical leap

He's 22 and played for Memphis.

He's a 6"5 PF with a 7 foot wingspan and 8"7 standing reach.
    College stats
    23 mins
    7.6 points
    6.6 rebounds
    2.2 blocks
    0.9 steals
    62% FG shooting

He plays with a lot of swagger and defensive intensity. (2.2 blocks in 23 minutes is Ibaka like)

Could be a steal in the 2nd round, if we could buy the pick and draft Schroeder/Dieng/Stephens

we just basically upgraded our youth, defense and athleticism by a mile.

he moves like rondo,, maybe cause his frame and looks a bit like rondo. any defensive hl of schroeder? does he have any cons? bad tendency, attitude, weakness...etc

12th man

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    he moves like rondo,, maybe cause his frame and looks a bit like rondo. any defensive hl of schroeder? does he have any cons? bad tendency, attitude, weakness...etc

Finishing at the rim. At the NBA Combine, Schroeder only got off the ground for a 34-inch max vertical, while many of the other point guards registered verticals over 40 inches...

Dennis also doesnt have a midrange game. He scores like Leandro Barbosa.

12th man

Dennis is a very good on ball defender.

I can't see NY becoming that trade partner with the Mavs unless they fall in love with a guy they think will be there at 13.

I am however really down for Reggie Bullock at 24. He could become the knicks version of Jimmy Butler a 2 way bench player who can defend. I remember the board was excited about the idea of Brewer being that 3 who alongside shump could make the starting line up a nightmare defensively on the wings and for Guards.

If Bullock can shoot that 3 (and he was one of the best as it) The knicks should get him. If the knicks want to take a flyer in the second round and get CJ Leslie & Andre Roberson who at worse could both become Anthony Randolph type players as worse case scenarios but have the upside to both become heavy minute roleplayers.

Eventually I could see the Knicks could have a line up like this.

Felton
    Shump
    Bullock
    Melo
    Tyson

That is a tough defensive team that has some guys who can catch and shoot alongside melo and 3 guys who can drive between Felton, Shump, and Melo.

With Amare (health willing), JR, Cope, and Prig (Roberson or Leslie) come the playoffs they could be great.

I mean I don't see the knicks hitting a homerun at 24 in what a lot of analyst are calling a weak draft. However, maybe they could shore up their starting lineup and allow Shump to play his natural position where he can guard against the best 1 and 2's in the draft.

All the knicks would have to do after that is trade Novak whose deal at 3.75 is actually very movable.
    Last edited by Wargames; May 26, 2013 at 18:49.

12th man

Analysts always call the draft weak, but guys like Jimmy Butler aren't lottery picks so you can always find a gem in the 20s.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Knicks need to buy a second and get this guy. Lots of potential to be a heavy minute player in the NBA.

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    can we land this guy? loves help defense , long ass arms, 11.1 rebs!!!!!!!!!!

I'm reading up on this kid and I think he might be the Big Man sleeper of this draft. Has an offensive and Defensive game but wasn't up to par with some other big men in college. He did get better every year he was college and Maybe the knicks should take a flyer on this kid and put him behind Chandler as an understudy. Come 2015 if he shows he can be the starter at Center the knicks will have a lot more options for what FA that year.

12th man

Originally Posted by Wargames

I'm reading up on this kid and I think he might be the Big Man sleeper of this draft. Has an offensive and Defensive game but wasn't up to par with some other big men in college. He did get better every year he was college and Maybe the knicks should take a flyer on this kid and put him behind Chandler as an understudy. Come 2015 if he shows he can be the starter at Center the knicks will have a lot more options for what FA that year.
    Teams are all over the map on Mike Muscala. Some thing he's a major sleeper. Others don't think he's a NBA player at all. I like him a lot.

From DraftExpress.com[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12th man

Reggie and Mike are decent picks, but acquiring Larkins, Schroeder or even Giannas Adeksklfjiorjgsdkff would be big moves for our future. These guys can turn into special players. Reggie/Bullock are just role players and we got enough of those.

We need a stronger PG, Felton is average.

This is a very weak draft.

Superstar

That Larkin kid is gonna be special. I hope we can find a way to draft him. I'd take him over Schroeder. The perfect draft for me would be somehow getting that 13th pick from Dallas and picking Larkin. Then drafting Muscala or Tony Mitchel with the 24th pick

You know a more realistic trade would be for the Thunder's pick at 29. They are likely going to be going into the tax just to keep Kevin Martin and will want to shed salary. On top of that they are drafting at 12 anyhow so its not like they aren't adding salary to the team regardless. Even if they took a foreign player to stash away like Giannis he would still be a salary cap hold that they will likely want to avoid. On top of that with the 32 pick as well its not like they won't be able to take a flyer on player in the second round.

On the flip I could really see the Knicks maybe trading the Thunder back their future second, the brewer trade exception, and some (All) of our bench expiring for a chance to basically sign another decent player to the roster now. The perk for them is basically they save money in a deal that doesn't require them to take anything back and avoid paying the tax for the 29th pick in a weak draft.

I mean the knicks don't got a pick next year so try to add depth now with 2 rookies to build depth now. The Knicks need youth that can't be stolen before 2015 (IE on a guaranteed contract) unlike Lin, Fields, and now possibly Cope (in relation to his teammates lol). So its worth it to them to trade late into the first round for 29, especially because they know they have good scouting to maximize a late pick.

Last edited by Wargames; May 28, 2013 at 07:26.

12th man

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    This is a very weak draft.