Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA draft (rev 2.0)

Superstar

There is not going to be a consensus "star" at pick 24. We could use a point guard, but the likes of Schroeder and Larkin, and, of course, Burke, Carter-Williams and McCollum, will be long gone. What we could get at 24 is not likely to be different from what we could get with a purchased second rounder. We could also use a defensive power-forward. I think we should look for the high-risk, high-reward player even if he is not immediately likely to make an impact. Tony Mitchell is perhaps one of them. Others are Giannis Adetokunbo (that is one of the spellings I have seen) and Lucas Nogueira.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Wargames
    At this point let's be happy the Knicks are reviewing everyone.

With that said the more I read about Mitchell though the more I like him. His playing style was reminiscent of Josh Howard last year and his measurable at the combine are similar to griffin. In some cases even better than Griffin.

The only reason he falls is that on a bad team with a weak coach you know he is going to end up a scrub. At least the Knicks have the team/coach to rein him in. Woodson arguably being Josh Smith's first coach is the only reason he didn't implode. And the dream could help him with his Post game early. Also if it works and he proves to be at least a decent starter with an inside scoring game, the Knicks can focus on getting a star PG or Center in 2015. Allowing them toignore alderidge and K. Love.

That means the Knicks can try for Irving or Hibbert or Marc Gasol 2015 all of whom would be younger.
    Gasol will be 30-31 in 2015.

12th man

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    There is not going to be a consensus "star" at pick 24. We could use a point guard, but the likes of Schroeder and Larkin, and, of course, Burke, Carter-Williams and McCollum, will be long gone. What we could get at 24 is not likely to be different from what we could get with a purchased second rounder. We could also use a defensive power-forward. I think we should look for the high-risk, high-reward player even if he is not immediately likely to make an impact. Tony Mitchell is perhaps one of them. Others are Giannis Adetokunbo (that is one of the spellings I have seen) and Lucas Nogueira.
    Yiannis would be the best available player at 24 if Shcroeder, Dieng or Larkin don't drop.

Default Maybe he does fall to us

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Schroeder has had a couple if bad workouts, maybe a blessing for us?

scroll down to his pic for report

12th man

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] For teams that value analytics, that's a big deal.
    Read more at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12th man

Al Iannazzone: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12th man

Originally Posted by New New York

Schroeder has had a couple if bad workouts, maybe a blessing for us?

scroll down to his pic for report
    Well I hope so, even tho the reports about his personality are a red flag....his talent and skill set is special.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Al Iannazzone: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

They are bringing in Whitey a good to great defender with Muscala arguably the best scoring big man in the draft.... I am hoping Muscala win's. Those post moves are amazing.... imagine what working with the dream early could turn that kid into? Also I think he could play PF alongside Chandler and if they reintergrate Amare into the starting lineup he can play center possibly alongside Amare.... This is the first workout schedule I've seen where two guys analyst believe are possible first rounder will workout for the Knicks.....

Veteran

We need to trade up foo'

and stop acting like every mock draft on the internet is accurate.
    Players do DROP, so you never know what's going to happen in a draft unless theres a promise to a player.

oh.. remind me... smartless.. what assets do we have that will allow us to trade up???.. shumpet????... i wouldnt give him up to trade up.... only a fool would....like i said.. if we cant get dieng at 24.. after that... i c a major drop off... i'd gamble on wolters..like i said before.. but outside of that...not much of a differnce between the talent in the late first round to mid second....so lets stop dreaming..i think we been down this road before....#facts

12th man

Originally Posted by moneyg
    oh.. remind me... smartless.. what assets do we have that will allow us to trade up???.. shumpet????... i wouldnt give him up to trade up.... only a fool would....like i said.. if we cant get dieng at 24.. after that... i c a major drop off... i'd gamble on wolters..like i said before.. but outside of that...not much of a differnce between the talent in the late first round to mid second....so lets stop dreaming..i think we been down this road before....#facts
    Congrats on an entire paragraph of falseness.

Draft picks don't hold that much value, especially in the 20s teams have traded for draft picks just for money.

Knicks have a lot of assets since their a top 3-4 team in the East. This isn't the Charlotte Bobcats or Isiah Knicks, we have good players.

Who said they're trading Shumpert? You're an idiot.

You see a major drop off because you haven't done your research. You can't even dream because you brain is fill with nothing. Wolters is the only prospect you can think of? Get out of this thread.

You can't even spell difference....infact, you type like a fat guy who just orgasmed off of eating a cinnabon...recovering from your orgasm and come to this forum and correct your paragraph. It's poorly spelled and you make no sense.

This isn't twitter, you can't hashtag words, you imbecile.

Superstar

I'm officially on the Ricky Ledo bandwagon. If we can take Muscala at 24 and buy or trade for a pick and get Ledo, i would be ecstatic.

12th man

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    I'm officially on the Ricky Ledo bandwagon. If we can take Muscala at 24 and buy or trade for a pick and get Ledo, i would be ecstatic.
    you think he could replace JR? I heard he's really talented. I wonder how his defense is.

12th man

Schroeder drops 24 to the Knicks....

Superstar

you think he could replace JR? I heard he's really talented. I wonder how his defense is.
    On the defensive end, things were somewhat of a mixed bag for Ledo, not unlike what we observed the last time we saw him, but the highs were much higher this time, as he showed multiple prolonged flashes of high focus, high effort, and strong vocal leadership with his teammates. He's capable of being a very good defender both on and off the ball, and certainly is at times, but there are still times when he can get frustrated and not put in the effort on this end of the court, particularly when things aren't going well for him offensively.

From DraftExpress.com[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

From what i've read he has the potential to be a good defender with a little bit off work. I've also read a lot of scouts say he's the best natural scorer in the draft. If you watch his videos you can tell he's very skilled offensively. Good handles,good shot, and there's even talk of him playing some point because he's such a good shot creator for others. If it wasn't for his attitude he's be getting taken a lot earlier. I personally would take him over Jr.

Superstar

Here's a video of him going up against Wall like a year ago. You can tell his game is gonna translate well to the NBA game.