Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: JR Likely to Re-sign for 4 Years?

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Funny huh.. JR.plays 82 great games and wins NBA Sixth Man of the Year...nope we don't want him...But Linsanity plays 20 good games in the regular season...sits out the playoffs(2 years in a row) and he is the second coming...So goes the groupthink on KO.COM. Don't let a couple bad playoff games ruin a whole season(which is why d-leaguer Lin sits out so as not to get exposed). Playoff maturation is a process...all teams must go through it.

His couple of playoff games is not the issue.......
    Why and please answer this.......why did we not see one better offer from any NBA team last year for JR ????
    The KO board seems to have it their heads that JR took a pay cut to pay for the Knicks.........When there are no other offers whats the pay cut ????

People wanted LIN because in such a dismal Dantonio error it brought back excitment to the Garden.......gave us all something to embrace and feel like the Knicks were back........Lin did make the players around him better.....maybe yes it would have been short lived but do not let the Lin stupidity justify the JR stupidity....

What do you think we will happen if JR signs a 4 year deal with us , Woody holds him accountable and based on play his minutes get cut to 20 a game.....???????????? DO U REALLY THINK JR WILL HAVE A REVELATION....

Would rather have your home town team ( not a fan I know its where u liove ) Nate come to the Knicks...

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    His couple of playoff games is not the issue.......
    Why and please answer this.......why did we not see one better offer from any NBA team last year for JR ????
    The KO board seems to have it their heads that JR took a pay cut to pay for the Knicks.........When there are no other offers whats the pay cut ????

People wanted LIN because in such a dismal Dantonio error it brought back excitment to the Garden.......gave us all something to embrace and feel like the Knicks were back........Lin did make the players around him better.....maybe yes it would have been short lived but do not let the Lin stupidity justify the JR stupidity....

What do you think we will happen if JR signs a 4 year deal with us , Woody holds him accountable and based on play his minutes get cut to 20 a game.....???????????? DO U REALLY THINK JR WILL HAVE A REVELATION....

Would rather have your home town team ( not a fan I know its where u liove ) Nate come to the Knicks...
    JR just had his BEST season in the NBA under Woody....Don't discount an 82 game season over a couple playoff games....JR already had his revelation...You just missed it...once the sting of losing in the playoffs subsides you will be able to see the season more clearly....and we are fortunate to not as yet be in a bidding war for JR's services but don't think there won't be offers F/A agent offers...repeat after me...NBA Sixth Man of the Year...I know it's not popular here in the Iso-bizarro-basketball world of KO.com to give Melo/JR ANY credit for accolades(scoring title/sixth man) but the rest of the NBA took notice...First playoff series win and Division title in over a decade???? Guess what...D. Rose and Granger will be back next year so the East just got tougher and we will NEED #8 trust me

Superstar

JR just had his BEST season in the NBA under Woody....Don't discount an 82 game season over a couple playoff games....JR already had his revelation...You just missed it...once the sting of losing in the playoffs subsides you will be able to see the season more clearly....and we are fortunate to not as yet be in a bidding war for JR's services but don't think there won't be offers F/A agent offers...repeat after me...NBA Sixth Man of the Year...I know it's not popular here in the Iso-bizarro-basketball world of KO.com to give Melo/JR ANY credit for accolades(scoring title/sixth man) but the rest of the NBA took notice...First playoff series win and Division title in over a decade???? Guess what...D. Rose and Granger will be back next year so the East just got tougher and we will NEED #8 trust me
    Thank u... He carried us alot of times this year. He's more directly responsible for our 54 wins then other people who some people here value more

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran

There is not another top NBA team that JR would get 36 minutes a game and shoot as awful as he sometimes did not to mention is adversity to playing defense.......

I would have ZERO issue with JR if Woody held him accountable.
    This would mean:
    1. If JR is not driving to the hoop and just dribbling for off balance outside shots.
    2. Not playing defense with intensity.
    3. Does not brings up the ball instead of the PG bringing up the ball.
    4. Playoffs dont get me started....

My fear is that if Woody holds JR accountable then what will happen with JR;s game. Will JR get more focused and learn or will become more of a head case and a personal problem for the Knicks..

Its not good for a Team when 1 player is allowed to run wild and not be held accountable when others are blasted or put on the bench for their mistakes...

Woody benched Copeland for weeks due to his poor defense........JR's minutes increased or stayed the same due to his poor defense.....
    I am not equating the play of Copeland/JR but I do think a coach cannot have such double standards and treat their perceived stars with Kid gloves......

With that said its either
    A. Woody is puss and is afraid of pissing off JR
    or
    B. Woody knows to get the best out of JR you have to treat him with kid gloves...

Either A or B to makes for a bad chemistry amongst a team........

Veteran

If you had a choice for the same money....JR or Nate who would you take ?
    This is based on our current team now..

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Signing Smith does not mean he is on the team forever. He is valuable for more than scoring he is under 30 years old and if you are able to sign him to a deal for under 6 million you do it. If he does not play up to team standards you look for a way to package him to another team after next season with Amare or Tyson's expiring contract. Nate Robinson is trash and he will be in which ever teams doghouse playing under 20 minutes per game by the all-star break next season. People need to also stop acting like its a lock we sign Pablo and Cope. Ever hear of poison pill contracts??? The Knicks will not go into their mini MLE to sign either player until they have had a chance to see which vets are available next year.

I say this as a fan of the Knicks for 20+ years not some butt hurt predetermined self-righteous biased bull****.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    Signing Smith does not mean he is on the team forever. He is valuable for more than scoring he is under 30 years old and if you are able to sign him to a deal for under 6 million you do it. If he does not play up to team standards you look for a way to package him to another team after next season with Amare or Tyson's expiring contract. Nate Robinson is trash and he will be in which ever teams doghouse playing under 20 minutes per game by the all-star break next season. People need to also stop acting like its a lock we sign Pablo and Cope. Ever hear of poison pill contracts??? The Knicks will not go into their mini MLE to sign either player until they have had a chance to see which vets are available next year.

I say this as a fan of the Knicks for 20+ years not some butt hurt predetermined self-righteous biased bull****.

Since I believe that it is a safe bet that the Knicks sign JR Smith we will be able to debate the positives and negatives over the season. Like I said I have no problem if we sign Smith, Woody holds him accountable and if held accountable that JR learns to play within what the team needs,,,,....If he is unable to do I believe his trade value will not be what you think it is and infact will be a bad contract the Knicks again need to live with.

If he is signed I pray that you are right,,,,,,,,,

Superstar

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985

I too believe we are hardly locks to sign Pablo and/or Copeland. We have only minimums and the MLE of about $3.5M. They were both getting rookie minimums. My bet is that Pablo goes to San Antonio and teams with his buddy Ginobili. Copeland is likely to get some decent offers from other teams which we might deem too expensive.

Veteran

The dance has started, JR opted out of his 2nd year today.

The Knicks will be in bad shape next year if they lose JR, Prigs and Copeland in FA. Add KMart to that list of guys that are not a lock to re-sign with the Knicks, he showed enough last year to attract interest from a team.

Veteran

Grunwald should be thinking, sign & trade the 6th Man Award this offseason