Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: STOUDEMRE for BARGNANI?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    What's funny is that Melo is better defensively at the 4 than he is at the 3...he's a good post defender, just has JR Smith moments at the perimeter. If we can somehow keep Martin and get another PF to hold us down(I rather spend 5 mil on Tiago Splitter over JR Smith), we would really help out Melo's game...this team should be built around Melo, but Melo building himself around this team. Melo is a SF PG(hopefully Schroeder or Larkin) Shumpert Anthony Martin/Splitter Chandler/Splitter Amare...don't see him getting traded so he'll add to our "depth" nor will Felton...so hopefully we can use Felton in a Jarett Jack role...don't think Felton is suited to run the PG position as a starter...he plays best when Melo isn't dominating the shot attempts. Felton is a solid scorer, average passer...does nothing great. Best to see him go up against the reserves of the opposition. Defense is the priority, so this lineup makes most sense PG - Prigioni (so underrated in many ways. his 2nd NBA season he will be HUGE since he's adjusted) SG - Shumpert (Going to break out and average 17-18 points) SF - Anthony PF - Martin (best defender on the team in the 2013 season...he's earned the PF role, no one played harder than Martin) C - Chandler (I would bench him for Splitter if he doesn't get back to form) with a bench of 1. Felton (Spark plug off the bench, total oppositie of Prigioni, will confuse the defense. Prigioni is a change up, Felton is a fastball) 2. (Drafted PG Schroeder/Larkin) 3. Copeland (2nd season in the NBA, just like Shumpert and Prigioni, you can only expect BIG THINGS) 4. Stoudimire (A lot of hope here) 5. Splitter (two way big man who can do everything except shoot) Novak/Kidd can be the 11th and 12th men. 13, 14, 15 should go to younger players with energy and quickness. We got enough vets.
    It's not like the Knicks have choice on how to spend that 5M. JR is the only player they can offer that 5M to because they have his bird rights.

Veteran

Looks like the Knicks will be asked by Ujiri if they want Bargnani. Now do the Knicks want Bargnani for Stat, I think the answer is the Knicks don't want Bargnani unless he comes with Ross or Amir Johnson and Ujiri doesn't want Stat.

Since I can't (or don't know) how to post a new topic in the forum, and we are discussing trades...

Tyson Chandler and 2015 1st round pick for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe.

Clippers get their have won/win now C in Tyson, a guy who played in the Olympics with CP3, and a guy I'm SURE CP3 would love to have around a young Blake and Co. If the Clips have legit concern about keeping Paul, this would help.

Knicks get younger, and less experienced. However, they are a little more cap friendly, and the lineup is one man deeper:

PG- Bledsoe
    SG- Shumpert
    SF- Melo
    PF- Amare
    C- Jordan

Felton can be used as a trade piece for a 6th man, or maybe in a S+T somewhere....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If they can pull that off and then somehow shed one of the 3 brutal contracts (Kidd Novak Camby) I think they will be OK.

Thoughts?

Veteran

Originally Posted by johnk812
    Since I can't (or don't know) how to post a new topic in the forum, and we are discussing trades...

Tyson Chandler and 2015 1st round pick for DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe.

Clippers get their have won/win now C in Tyson, a guy who played in the Olympics with CP3, and a guy I'm SURE CP3 would love to have around a young Blake and Co. If the Clips have legit concern about keeping Paul, this would help.

Knicks get younger, and less experienced. However, they are a little more cap friendly, and the lineup is one man deeper:

PG- Bledsoe
    SG- Shumpert
    SF- Melo
    PF- Amare
    C- Jordan

Felton can be used as a trade piece for a 6th man, or maybe in a S+T somewhere....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If they can pull that off and then somehow shed one of the 3 brutal contracts (Kidd Novak Camby) I think they will be OK.

Thoughts?

Bledsoe and Jordan are worth more then Chandler and a draft pick.
    I think Tyson hurt is value a little with his poor playoff performance......
    I also think a few teams would offer up a lottery pick for Bledsoe...

with that said I think a sweeter package .....Chandler/Felton ( paul needs a back-up) and 2014/2015 first rounders for Bledsoe and Jordan.....

We are not winning anything next year no matter what,,,,,,,,,,,,so assuming Melo extends in Feb.....then the goal is to have a Finals team in 2015/2016 season.....hoping Jordan, Beldsoe and Shump continue to expand their games...

Bledsoe
    Shump
    Melo
    ??????
    Jordan

the ???????? could be filled with a semi-superstar whenwe trade amares final year of his contract. ( would need some money to extend shump and bledose)

Superstar

Default Trade assets

We have no first round pick in 2014. We gave that up as part of the Melo trade. We cannot trade a 2015 first round pick because the CBA does not permit trades of picks in consecutive years. And Denver has the right to switch first round picks with us in 2016. With the exception of Melo, Shump and to some extent Chandler and perhaps Felton, we have no trade assets. Given Amare's injuries, uninsured contract and apparently diminishing skills he will be impossible to trade. Melo is going nowhere. And Shump is a keeper.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; Jun 03, 2013 at 09:26. Reason: Typo

While I don't love trading away (more) future draft picks, especially for something that is far from a proven asset/commodity... and while I do think this is a (desperate) reax move to what happened over in BKLYN... With that, I still approve of this move.

Sure, Grunny is rolling the dice here... but what choice did we have?

1) We went all-in last season, and signed Novak-Camby to horrible contracts. We gave them too much money, too many years. But felt we had few options so we went in that direction. BOTH WERE DNP-CD in the playoffs. WTF! We had to get rid of this junk from our roster. I think Camby was misused, and I do think we need his size, rebounding, shot-blocking ability... But Woody wouldn;t play him and we didn't need the dead weight. Novak proved it twice, that he isn't built for the playoffs.

2) A new regime in TOR meant Bargnani was a goner. There were a few interested teams. Sure, we overpaid for him... But we wanted to act and strike quickly. Unless Melo opts out after next season, that 2016 pick will be practically worthless.

3) Bargnani is a player that fits well with 'Melo, more so then both Chandler & Amar'e. He can shoot, and he allows Anthony to have the blocks. He probably has nothing to offer... maybe he'll never regain his former offensive self, or perhaps he cannot stay healthy... STILL... Novak-Camby were worse then unnecessary... they were dead weight.

4) If Bargnani can score 18 a game, and Amar'e stays healthy and drops in his 17 a game... Knicks will have a potent offensive front court. If 'Melo, Amar'e & TC cannot work, well... sprinkling in Bargs may not either... But... again, we are a better team with Bargs then Camby/Novak.

5) Bargnani might actually have value... We might be able to flip him at the trade deadline.