STOUDEMRE for BARGNANI?

nyk_nyk

All Star
No one is trading for Amare maybe until he's in his last year. His salary is basically an on going joke in the league.

He would literally have to beast for full season before anyone is willing to absorb that salary with these new strict luxury tax provisions. Sadly, we're stuck with him. Our only hope is that he can be a solid 17 and 8 guy. Those numbers still wouldn't justify his salary but at least its something.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Im hearing this Kevin Love to the Knicks trade. I know it's just a rumor but it's been floating around all over.

Kevin Love, Alexi Shved and Derrick Williams

for

Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert and Steve Novak

id hate to lose shump, but wed be getting klove, a rebounding beast, and 2 good players with potential

thought we are shiping out our only 2 defensive players

Man that trade looks good but I would do everything in my power to keep Shump. Love really wants to leave MN so they should offer them Tyson,Felton,Novak, and Jr for Love and Pekovic and see if they bite

Throw in some picks and Copeland and Camby if u have to, I don't care. Anybody but Shump or Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
Just tried this trade on ESPN with Fields as the other player. According to Hollinger, it makes the Knicks 8 games worse and Toronto 8 games better. WTF, is Bargnani that bad??

Amare would make Toronto a 5 seed playoff team .. Bargani, Melo, and JR would make the Knicks a 8th seed team to sweep .. absolutely NO-Defense from the 3 players.

Kiyaman

Legend
No one is trading for Amare maybe until he's in his last year. His salary is basically an on going joke in the league.

He would literally have to beast for full season before anyone is willing to absorb that salary with these new strict luxury tax provisions. Sadly, we're stuck with him. Our only hope is that he can be a solid 17 and 8 guy. Those numbers still wouldn't justify his salary but at least its something.

Stop repeating the hype .. alot of teams will take Amare's $42M contract off our hands this offseason to fill their stadium for the next 2 seasons. Cheap owner MJ would take Amare in a heart beat.
Dolan could trade Amare next week if he wanted, but season-tickets go on sell in Oct.

Pricey

Rotation player
Im hearing this Kevin Love to the Knicks trade. I know it's just a rumor but it's been floating around all over.

for

id hate to lose shump, but wed be getting klove, a rebounding beast, and 2 good players with potential

Dont do this too me, i love Kevin Love.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
In my opinion, the issue is the coaching and leadership. The leadership has to make everyone on the team feel like they are an important piece to the puzzle. If the Knicks learn to function as a team, trust each other to put in the work, then there should be no problems in team work between the people we have. The Knicks are going to have to learn how to make their offensive system work because it seems like we are stuck with the players we have. Woody should allow Stat be a starter and finally let Melo, Felton, Tyson, Stat, and Shump to mesh together. Once the offense becomes free flowing they will be naturally cohesive on defense as well. For some people its hard to be motivated to play defense when you feel that you're not trusted on the offensive scheme of things. Players are motivated to play on both ends of the court when they are rewarded with trust in the offense. Some players take it for granted and other players lose morale because its like, "why should I break my back on D when the other dude gets to chuck up 18 shots and miss 85% of the time without worrying about losing their offensive role on the team and also when they don't put much into defense themselves". A lot of players will obviously get offended and will lose motivation. The whole team's morale will go down. Melo wants JR back but I don't think JR should come back because he doesn't seem serious about winning a chip. Stat and Tyson along with everyone else will play better D in my opinion when the leadership knows how to be fair to all the players and get everyone involved in the offensive scheme of things. When there are players who are only depended on offense, and others who are only depended on defense, the team morale will be skewed. If you look at the winning teams everyone is depended on playing offense AND defense. It ain't fair for someone like JR to have free reign on offense and have others out there only for defense. First of all, whoever isn't getting a chance to contribute offensively will lose morale. Secondly, the offense will be too predictable and will make players like Melo and JR resort to making those impossible shots. Even though they might be good at making those kind of shots, the Knicks will never be taken seriously that way. If Melo don't learn quick that it takes more than trusting in his own or JR's abilities to win a championship we're in for some more depressing seasons to come. I don't question Stat's ability to contribute on both ends of the floor, although I do question his durability. He will be more inclined to contribute on defense if Woody learns how to incorporate everyone on offense. I mean EVERYONE. Tyson needs to be getting his looks, Felton needs to score, Melo needs his lions share but needs to know how to trust others and pass when its obviously the better choice. Stat needs to get his too. He needs a lions share too. Him and Melo need to find a way to trust each other and pass the ball out to make the offense flow better. These past few years they haven't had much of a chance to gel much but the leadership needs to step up and allow them to get things to flow whether any particular player likes it or not. We have our pieces and now we need to trust them. The organization is throwing down too much money to not trust the pieces we have. We need to let JR go. Him going out and getting drunk late during the playoffs should piss every knick fan off. He has the talent to be a superstar but doesn't have the discipline. Stat gets paid much more and deserves the role that JR received.

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Stop repeating the hype .. alot of teams will take Amare's $42M contract off our hands this offseason to fill their stadium for the next 2 seasons. Cheap owner MJ would take Amare in a heart beat.
Dolan could trade Amare next week if he wanted, but season-tickets go on sell in Oct.
kiya you've lost it.... first off the new york knicks sold out every game when they were terrible, so they dont need stat to fill seats. he didnt play this year and they sold out every game... no team will take stat to fill up seats because he isnt a superstar anymore. he is only paid like one.... you've completely lost it smh

knicksince 93

Rotation player

for

i will pass. love is gonna be injury prone... he gets boards but who is our center then? a front court of stat and love would be horrible. he plays no d and gets empty stats... if they could keep shump then go for it

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
what do you guys think of adding rudy gay instead of bargs??

melo obviously would become our permanent pf, gives us another good shooter on the wings

doubt tor wud part with him

Kiyaman

Legend
kiya you've lost it.... first off the new york knicks sold out every game when they were terrible, so they dont need stat to fill seats. he didnt play this year and they sold out every game... no team will take stat to fill up seats because he isnt a superstar anymore. he is only paid like one.... you've completely lost it smh

Your past-tense statement "no team will take stat to fill up seats because he isnt a superstar anymore.", says different.
Stat is not Stat .. when on the court with two selfish BALL-HOGGERS, where passing to moving players are forbidden. Stat big hands catch the ball while slashing to the hoop. Stat & Nash pick n roll comes with a screener too.
Allen Iverson is no longer in the league after doing a couple of seasons with the two selfish BALL-HOGGERS.
u do remember Iverson last season with Denver Nuggets, its the season JR came close to winning the 6th man award.
When Iverson signed with Memphis in the offseason, Memphis season ticket-buyers tripple to the teams highest ever sold.

And the Knicks decade of being a 23 win season team MSG was the third or fifth highest in ticket sells each season.
New York Knicks fans kept MSG seats full throughout Sprewell & Marbury era
The Knicks automatically became a playoff team at the signing of Stat...

Kiyaman

Legend
I honestly don't want to see Melo at PF anymore...if it happens again, Mike Woodson should be fired.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

Melo TRIED to be the PF and the Point-foward this season .. RIDICULOUS!

I recall the Denver Nuggets having a couple of season-injuries to Nene & Kenyon Martin, which somehow Melo became Denvers PF .. Im sure u recall Denver lineups of Camby & Melo, or K-Mart & Melo, or Nene & Melo, or Birdman & Melo as Denver two bigmen in a lineup.
It was Chauncey Billups that made Melo go back to the SF spot for one season, when they sign Birdman, and both Nene & K-Mart became healthy with Billups at the point running the entire show.
Melo wanted to prove he could play the PF in our weak small-ball eastern conference, which was all good in the regular season.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I honestly don't want to see Melo at PF anymore...if it happens again, Mike Woodson should be fired.

Yeah I said it all along that it is gimmicky..I wouldn't mind seeing him as a backup PF but not full time...it reminds me of David Lee playing Center for us

metrocard

Legend
Yeah I said it all along that it is gimmicky..I wouldn't mind seeing him as a backup PF but not full time...it reminds me of David Lee playing Center for us

What's funny is that Melo is better defensively at the 4 than he is at the 3...he's a good post defender, just has JR Smith moments at the perimeter.

If we can somehow keep Martin and get another PF to hold us down(I rather spend 5 mil on Tiago Splitter over JR Smith), we would really help out Melo's game...this team should be built around Melo, but Melo building himself around this team.

Melo is a SF

PG(hopefully Schroeder or Larkin)
Shumpert
Anthony
Martin/Splitter
Chandler/Splitter

Amare...don't see him getting traded so he'll add to our "depth"
nor will Felton...so hopefully we can use Felton in a Jarett Jack role...don't think Felton is suited to run the PG position as a starter...he plays best when Melo isn't dominating the shot attempts. Felton is a solid scorer, average passer...does nothing great. Best to see him go up against the reserves of the opposition.

Defense is the priority, so this lineup makes most sense

PG - Prigioni (so underrated in many ways. his 2nd NBA season he will be HUGE since he's adjusted)
SG - Shumpert (Going to break out and average 17-18 points)
SF - Anthony
PF - Martin (best defender on the team in the 2013 season...he's earned the PF role, no one played harder than Martin)
C - Chandler (I would bench him for Splitter if he doesn't get back to form)

with a bench of

1. Felton (Spark plug off the bench, total oppositie of Prigioni, will confuse the defense. Prigioni is a change up, Felton is a fastball)
2. (Drafted PG Schroeder/Larkin)
3. Copeland (2nd season in the NBA, just like Shumpert and Prigioni, you can only expect BIG THINGS)
4. Stoudimire (A lot of hope here)
5. Splitter (two way big man who can do everything except shoot)

Novak/Kidd can be the 11th and 12th men.

13, 14, 15 should go to younger players with energy and quickness. We got enough vets.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
What's funny is that Melo is better defensively at the 4 than he is at the 3...he's a good post defender, just has JR Smith moments at the perimeter.

If we can somehow keep Martin and get another PF to hold us down(I rather spend 5 mil on Tiago Splitter over JR Smith), we would really help out Melo's game...this team should be built around Melo, but Melo building himself around this team.

Melo is a SF

PG(hopefully Schroeder or Larkin)
Shumpert
Anthony
Martin/Splitter
Chandler/Splitter

Amare...don't see him getting traded so he'll add to our "depth"
nor will Felton...so hopefully we can use Felton in a Jarett Jack role...don't think Felton is suited to run the PG position as a starter...he plays best when Melo isn't dominating the shot attempts. Felton is a solid scorer, average passer...does nothing great. Best to see him go up against the reserves of the opposition.

Defense is the priority, so this lineup makes most sense

PG - Prigioni (so underrated in many ways. his 2nd NBA season he will be HUGE since he's adjusted)
SG - Shumpert (Going to break out and average 17-18 points)
SF - Anthony
PF - Martin (best defender on the team in the 2013 season...he's earned the PF role, no one played harder than Martin)
C - Chandler (I would bench him for Splitter if he doesn't get back to form)

with a bench of

1. Felton (Spark plug off the bench, total oppositie of Prigioni, will confuse the defense. Prigioni is a change up, Felton is a fastball)
2. (Drafted PG Schroeder/Larkin)
3. Copeland (2nd season in the NBA, just like Shumpert and Prigioni, you can only expect BIG THINGS)
4. Stoudimire (A lot of hope here)
5. Splitter (two way big man who can do everything except shoot)

Novak/Kidd can be the 11th and 12th men.

13, 14, 15 should go to younger players with energy and quickness. We got enough vets.

They won't bench Felton for no youngbuck pg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2