New York vs Dallas (12/21) Game Thread (Embarassing L123-94)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
mavericks_logo.gif
@
knicks_logo.gif

Possible Starters:

Dallas Mavericks 16-9
8-3 on Road

jason_terry.jpg
michael_finley.jpg
erick_dampier.jpg
josh_howard.jpg
dirk_nowitzki.jpg

New York Knicks 13-11
8-3 at Madison Square Garden

stephon_marbury.jpg
jamal_crawford.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
allan_houston.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg

Time: 8:00 PM EST
TV: MSG, MSGHD
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap:
Knicks 94 - Mavericks 123

rady

Administrator
Staff member
don't know, we're playing against a team who actually has a better record on road than home..

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Hey i'm still in shock over

"THE STEAL MARBURY! HOUSTON WIDE OPEN FOR THREE [DRAMATIC PAUSE]

TIE GAME!!"

If only they won that one......

This could be a great win, a good game, or a bad loss, only time can tell.....

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I think its a bit too early but i really like this line-up! i'm anxious to see it in action, but i still think another 4 games was in need, but we'll see....

WiL8000

Rotation player
The Knicks have to win against a team like Dallas to really get rolling this season. At this point, we win a couple then lose a couple. A confidence boost from a big win, would set things up for a streak, giving the Knicks three games in a row with a good chance for four games by beating the Celtics.

Something like that can start with a win over one of the better teams in the NBA, a team like Dallas. This game is a gut check, they need to pull together and win this one.

6thman

Benchwarmer
That's a nice news, it means Allan is back at his level ( or at least it seems like :rolling: ).
But the lineup will be a little short, alanl is only 6-6, Tim is 6-10 . But even with that size he couldn't get any rebound :evil: :evil: . So i guess, it won't affect us too much!!

Who do you think is gonna be the 6thman of this team?
I think, in the beginning it will be Tim ( if he plays well). I hope he can bring us something coming off the bench! And he better does because otherwise, Isiah is gonna fire him and let Ariza take his place :p

e_D

Benchwarmer
I'm sure you all know by now, I'm not a big fan of that three guard line up. It exposes us too much on defense, though it does give us unlimited scoring potential.

While Tim Thomas has not been scoring the ball, or even rebounding much, his defense has been solid when it counts. On a couple of big possessions this season, where the game could have gone either way, TT was there to make a big defensive play (once against Cleveland on Lebron, and a few other times as well though I don't remember exactly). I can't imagine Houston doing the same, especially having only 6 games under his belt.

I'd be much more comfortable with either Houston or Crawford coming off the bench as I think that makes us a better all around team, but it seems our shooting guards egos are too much to allow either to come off the bench. Oh well, I just hope Lenny doesn't go senile on the bench and knows when to sub each out when the situation calls for it. Sorry, I'll stop ranting now.

jayp

Benchwarmer
im disguisted at the knicks defense right now.. Steph isn't penetrating as much as he ought to..

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
good loss [very very sarcastic], hopefully lenny will get fired and they bring in a boot camp general/bball genious to coach the team, so they can actually learn somewhat how to play defense and move without the ball

it was disgusting to watch, it turned into a joke, the player of the game was prolly like bruno sundov, its games like these that really make me wonder...

:)

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
it was good to see Ariza dunks, it's always good, but its hiding from the fact they lost! THEY WERE RAPED! And when Brunos in, being cheered, you know it's bad!