*P.S.* Look at the top scorers of this season. Melo is the lowest at 2.6 assists per game. 1.6 assist in the post season. Durant is at 4.6 assists in the reg season and 6.3 at the post season. Lebron is more consistent at 7.3 and 7.6 assists. The only way I see the Knicks becoming a legitimate threat in the post season is if Melo learns to become more efficient as a basketball player and knows how to utilize his teammates. If Melo can bring his assist average up to about 5 Assists per game the Knicks offense will become more well rounded and less predictable. Melo will have to let go of his Scoring but the team will become much better as everyone will be more involved in the game and more willing to move around and put effort into defense. We have such a good team on paper, Melo, Stat, Shump, Felton, Tyson. If these guys can come together and trust each other on offense and make that extra pass, I truly believe things will come together on the defensive end. Not that things should be predicated on offense or that things should be started by our offense but I mean at least in training camp, if they learn to play off each other rather than having the "gotta get my own" mentality, the whole team will be willing to buy into the defensive scheme and be willing to put that extra effort into it. Amare can score too and can demand double team attention but Carmelo has that extra level within him to be better. To get to that extra level is not by scoring more, he already maxed out in that area. It's by passing. That's the only way his name will even be considered next to the names of Lebron or Kobe. Kobe averaged 6 assists per game this season. These are the types of players that make their team better. Carmelo needs to take a page of their books.