Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Note to Knicks leadership

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I don't think Woodson will change anything new coming into the 13-14 season. He will settle for what we have now and give it another shot at the playoffs.

He did the same thing in ATL...and it's not like we can fire him, he "led" us to 54 wins and we finally got out of the first round...so we just have to wait and get s h i tted on like Atlanta did.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I don't think Woodson will change anything new coming into the 13-14 season. He will settle for what we have now and give it another shot at the playoffs.

He did the same thing in ATL...and it's not like we can fire him, he "led" us to 54 wins and we finally got out of the first round...so we just have to wait and get s h i tted on like Atlanta did.

Say it right .. Woodson will do whatever Melo tell him to do ....
    Woodson dont want to get FIRED after 1 or 2 full seasons, it wont look right for Woody career as a NBA headcoach

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    This started with Jordan, continued with Kobe, well known ball hogs for good reason, but they always for the first half or so, will move the ball, draw and move the ball, setting up teammates early and often for scores, all the attention they draw, teammates will be wide open. What this does is keeps teammates awake and into the flow of the game, rebounding defending, etc. Late 3rd, late 4th, then you go Iso Melo, as it gets later, each possession becomes more valuable and more valuable. You don't want to pass the ball around, you want to go with your money man in his sweet spots. So with well rested legs, a group of teammates in the flow, Melo will close it out. Dirk was awesome with this, he'd have 5 shots and 4 points at the half, but finish with 30 and the W.

I dont know about the compare of Melo to 4th quarter Super-Star KILLERS .. Melo's 4th quarter career has not reach the 7th level of Pierce or Dirk. And Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron are a level 10 at being a 4th quarter closer.

Ball-Hoggin and Team-ISO with screens/picks are strictly a 4th quarter crunch-time strategy for a team top scorers (Shaq & Kobe, or Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, or KG, Pierce, Ray, or Lebron & Wade).
    Ball-Hoggin and individual-ISO is not for the first three-quarters of a game to win a damn regular-season award .. what it does is divide teammates from accomplishing their Top-Goal of visiting the FINALS.

It is ashame that Durant & Paul George has prove to be a much better teammate (Foward) in the postseason games the past 2 seasons than Carmelo Anthony has done in his NBA career.

With Carmelo's '14-'15 season being a player option on his contract I'm only being a fool to think that the Knicks will let JR Smith walk. The Knicks will definitely have to give a contract deal to JR in order to make sure Melo doesn't opt out the '14-'15 season.

Originally Posted by NewYork
    With Carmelo's '14-'15 season being a player option on his contract I'm only being a fool to think that the Knicks will let JR Smith walk. The Knicks will definitely have to give a contract deal to JR in order to make sure Melo doesn't opt out the '14-'15 season.
    melo will get his last big pay day by opting out for an extra year, and with all the big contracts comming off that year, we can resign melo, and sign another max contract