Amare and Hakeem part II

tiger0330

Legend
Amare going to train with The Dream again this summer and Tyson might also. Reality is Amare and TC getting better, TC on the offensive side of the ball and Amare fitting in as a traditional low post PF rebounding and playing better D allowing Melo to go back to SF is the only way the Knicks can get to the next level and win that ring.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...train-with-hakeem-olajuwon-again-this-summer/
Amar’e Stoudemire to Train With Hakeem Olajuwon Again This Summer

After an injury-plagued 2012-13, Amar’e Stoudemire will prepare for ’13-14 by working out with none other than the great Hakeem Olajuwon. Amar’e Stoudemire will resume working out with Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon for the second summer in a row, according to his training adviser Travis King. King said the workouts will take place sometime in August at Olajuwon’s ranch outside Houston. It’s not clear if Tyson Chandler will join him, which was on the table in 2012.Olajuwon has turned his full-court basketball gym into an NBA player development center during the summers, and he reportedly charges $50,000 a week for private instruction. He has worked one-on-one with Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard and LeBron James. Stoudemire will continue to build on the post-up moves and defensive maneuvers he learned from Olajuwon last summer. The big reasons behind the collaboration were: (1) to give the Knicks a low-post presence, allowing Chandler to be the go-to pick-and-roller; and (2) to improve the spacing between Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, who had tended to crowd the court in the midrange area.”

bigapple

Starter
Both of them should learn alot bout D from Olajuwon he was one of just few players @ this position who had alot games with 10 or + blocks with more than 10 rebs too.

Oneal Ewing key defenders wich were simply completely outplayed by Hakeem

finals 1995 it was 4-0 but who know if Nick Anderson who missed 4 ft's in a row will hit that how this series would be ended

last game also won by Rockets by putback of Olajwuon Orlando in that season was almost same team as Chciago in 96 when they were 72-10

New New York

Quiet Storm
all amare cares about is offense, were ****ed

I love Stat but yeah he probably could benefit from some time with Oak and Mason teaching him how to box out and rebound...he'll never be a great defender but he needs to learn how to defend better than he is now..

Really what is this going to accomplish, because of his limited PT this year he is still in phase 1 of his training with Hakeem he can't teach him anything new because he hasn't mastered what he learned last summer.

This is a hype story possibly plugged by Amare's agent or Knicks front office people trying to sell hope! And not for nothing but honestly at this point with Amare talk is real cheap! There is not going to be any news relevant about him till he steps back on the floor and produces!

tiger0330

Legend
Hype or not I'm glad he's going, shows a great attitude imo. I hope TC goes for the same reason. He did learn something at the Dreams camp, like that back to the basket hook shot after backing his man down towards the basket.

Not sure if he can be the type of rebounder that Mase and Oak were, just doesn't have the strength and big body those guys have. Maybe he can learn something from TC with those tip out rebounds that TC gets, saw a couple of times last season where Stat tipped a rebound but they went out of bounds instead of to a teammate.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I've been wanting Chandler to learn offense (getting better at defense would be great too) from Hakeem. Chandler isn't awkward or anything on offense, it's just not something he can do consistently now. I think he can be smooth with some moves that can make him much better on offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Another publicity stunt to sell season-tickets to see "Tyson / Stat / Melo" ....

Hakeem Olyjuwon has another offseason to teach Stat how to be more tolerant with ball-hoggers.
LOL

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'd say I really appreciate Amare's desire to become a better player in order to contribute more to this team, but the main problem isn't his offense (offensively he looked great this season), but whether or not he can stay healthy for a longer period of time. I realize he'll never again be a 30+ minutes guy, but will he be able to play 25 minutes a game and avoid any major injuries? And obviously, he's defense is still a question mark, we've seen some improvement but we've also seen that he's lack of defensive awareness results in constantly getting into foul trouble.

bigapple

Starter
problem of stat is that he spend to much time with pringles with nash.

Hakeem is better player that Tyson Stat combined.

Look even @ Bosh he is now shooting 3s more often

Haslem shooting jumpers just like STAT did that in PHX

Chanlder in offence? well he can shoot jumper but he is doin that once per few games

he should start to play under the glass box out put backs tips not just dunks watch Dunan watch other games during playoffs

Tyson was good in RS but gone in playoffs

Chris Anderson is playing 18 minutes per game this post-season and is already 100X better than Chandler. Chris is shooting 100FG%...Lol that's pretty sad the the Birdman is a hundred times better than Chander against the Pacers. LOLLLLL

Chris Anderson is playing 18 minutes per game this post-season and is already 100X better than Chandler. Chris is shooting 100FG%...Lol that's pretty sad the the Birdman is a hundred times better than Chander against the Pacers. LOLLLLL

Birdman doing better than Chandler against the Pacers? Hibbert is averaging 23 PPG on 51% shooting with 12 rebounds per game against the "vaunted" Heat big men. Hibbert averaged 13 PPG on 47% shooting with 10 rebounds per game against us (i.e. Chandler). Man, we can't even get a troll who knows his stuff enough to troll us. C'mon! KO deserves a better troll than this!

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Birdman doing better than Chandler against the Pacers? Hibbert is averaging 23 PPG on 51% shooting with 12 rebounds per game against the "vaunted" Heat big men. Hibbert averaged 13 PPG on 47% shooting with 10 rebounds per game against us (i.e. Chandler). Man, we can't even get a troll who knows his stuff enough to troll us. C'mon! KO deserves a better troll than this!

Owned.... Poor excuse of a troller.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tiger0330

Legend
Best not to answer a troll. I never respond to the dud(e)'s posts.

Look it's not hard to shoot 100pct when every shot is a dunk.

He picks on TC when he led the league in FG pct in 2011 and he was second to DeAndre Jordan this year with a 63.8 but he didn't have enough shots to qualify because of the games he missed.

Not making excuses for Chandler but he did have that virus in the Pacers series and that neck problem that probably caused a sub-par performance in the playoffs.

Peejay88

Rookie
I wish I could tell him he needs to work on his D and get strong for 82+ games. His offense is serviceable as it is

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Tyson looks pretty nice with that elbow jumper. We just don't go to the well to often with him in that area of the floor. I think that's where our issues are at, now able to spread the ball early on in games. these guys can work themselves till their blue in the face, but if they're not getting the rock to provide support, it's lost court time. You have to work it into games so opponents need to game plan for it, it opens up the floor for Melo. Woody spent too much time trying to win as many games as possible. Exploited the Melo at 4 too many times. To the point where we had NO viable 4 man when Chandler broke down at the end.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah. Amare working hard bla bla bla. Same story every year. Some fans eat this stuff up but not me. Why praise a guy for trying to improve his game? THAT SHOULD BE EXPECTED. Especially for broken down Amare and offensively inept Chandler. Don't be surprised if Tyson is traded next season. The FO knows they don't need to pay 15 mil for a guy to average 10 and 9 in 35 minutes of playing time.

bigapple

Starter
i want center that can shoot not only dunk Tyson has this elbow during offensive which helped to win many close game but if 3 bigs will stay with him Tyson is outplayed and Pacers was perfect example.

Some1 herre posted board which contract will expire in which time not only Tyson byt Melo and Stat 2014 is big end so some1 will leave and Knicks will be rebuilding again.

skisloper

Starter
Tyson looks pretty nice with that elbow jumper. We just don't go to the well to often with him in that area of the floor. I think that's where our issues are at, now able to spread the ball early on in games. these guys can work themselves till their blue in the face, but if they're not getting the rock to provide support, it's lost court time. You have to work it into games so opponents need to game plan for it, it opens up the floor for Melo. Woody spent too much time trying to win as many games as possible. Exploited the Melo at 4 too many times. To the point where we had NO viable 4 man when Chandler broke down at the end.

Tyson needs to workout with Akeem on some overs or hit up Lester Hayes for some stick-um

clumsy

Rotation player
Pray that this sticks with them. You know who else went to camp with Hakeem??? Dwight Howard, and he still has a mediocre post game.