Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Is it just me or does anyone else think the Melo/Amar'e tandem...

  1. #1
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Is it just me or does anyone else think the Melo/Amar'e tandem...

    not being able to work is non-sense?

    I'm not saying it because it has proved to work, because it hasn't, but I don't recall there ever being a good amount of time for it to show whether or not it would. People say Chandler and Amar'e can't work too, then how come nobody says anything about Amar'e working with K-Mart being the center? Because Chandler is the current start and it'd be too good to be true?

    People were saying the Melo/Amar'e tandem couldn't work before it even gave it a chance, and I think people just make up, trying to or not, that they had enough chances. They haven't played enough yet because of injuries.

    Can somebody with knowledge of technical aspects of the game explain why you think or others think why Amar'e can't work with Melo and Melo/Chandler so I and others can get a better understanding of those opinions, please?

  2. #2
    Member bluechox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    308
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    tell amare's body to man up, it ****ing has a mind of its own to sit out

  3. #3
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    5 years with pringles in SUNS 3 1/2 with prignles with Pringles in Knicks same style for 9 years and u expect that he will change in few games ? In PHX he was main scoring weapn and playing p&r with Nash. Now in Knicks he isnt main power and he dont have PG like Nash so he is lost but i hate his hands down at the glass so ball will be allways stolen from him.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    West, George and Hibbert can work it out, I have confidence Melo, Amare and Chandler can do the same. West was a 20 point a night guy in his hey day. Each player knows when to pick his spots. We just need to keep Melo at the 3, no shifting, or moving him up and down.

  5. #5
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    It's Melo. Glad he's a Knick but the game he plays requires he touch the ball 95% of the time. The problem is he holds the ball too long and the offense looks atrocious. If the guy moved without the ball and caught and got rid of it in under 5 seconds he'd be ridiculous.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    West, George and Hibbert can work it out, I have confidence Melo, Amare and Chandler can do the same. West was a 20 point a night guy in his hey day. Each player knows when to pick his spots. We just need to keep Melo at the 3, no shifting, or moving him up and down.
    Hibbert actually blocks shots and players stronger defense than Chandler...on top of that, Hibbert has gone from a non-mobile center to a mobile athletic center with MMA training and a whole new conditioning program. Gasol, Hibbert, Sanders and Ibaka are the elite defensive big men. Chandler hasn't been the same player.

    Amare isn't physical like David West, plus West is a better jump shooter. Amare is like a fake jump shooter. He has good form, but he misses most of his jumpshots. He doesn't practice enough.

    Melo > George. But George plays A level defense...we need to see Melo step it up on defense.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    not being able to work is non-sense?

    I'm not saying it because it has proved to work, because it hasn't, but I don't recall there ever being a good amount of time for it to show whether or not it would. People say Chandler and Amar'e can't work too, then how come nobody says anything about Amar'e working with K-Mart being the center? Because Chandler is the current start and it'd be too good to be true?

    People were saying the Melo/Amar'e tandem couldn't work before it even gave it a chance, and I think people just make up, trying to or not, that they had enough chances. They haven't played enough yet because of injuries.

    Can somebody with knowledge of technical aspects of the game explain why you think or others think why Amar'e can't work with Melo and Melo/Chandler so I and others can get a better understanding of those opinions, please?

    I told u the two were "OIL & WATER" before the Melo-Trade went down .. uptempo-scorer vs halfcourt-scorer.
    Both play NO-DEFENSE as fowards .. which makes two reason they should not be teammates.

    In 2008-9 season Amare admitted he didnt have to play defense under Dantoni.
    Before the Melo-trade all our past SF (W.Chandler, Harrington, Gallo) kept having 30 point nights when we played against the Melo Nuggets, which explained why the Denver Nuggets always got swept in the first round.

  8. #8
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Kiya, i wonder how old u are.... Non of that was a technical answer. It was all subjective like all your other posts. Everything u say is an opinion and not something u can back up with factual evidence. In fact when u try to say factual stuff you're completely wrong... U just said "kept getting swept out the playoffs" in reference to melo but FACT is he only got swept once while in Denver... When it comes to our franchise player you're the worst troll on the board...

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Hibbert actually blocks shots and players stronger defense than Chandler...on top of that, Hibbert has gone from a non-mobile center to a mobile athletic center with MMA training and a whole new conditioning program. Gasol, Hibbert, Sanders and Ibaka are the elite defensive big men. Chandler hasn't been the same player.

    Amare isn't physical like David West, plus West is a better jump shooter. Amare is like a fake jump shooter. He has good form, but he misses most of his jumpshots. He doesn't practice enough.

    Melo > George. But George plays A level defense...we need to see Melo step it up on defense.
    See now you're looking at it from an individual skills basis. Chandler has a decent elbow jumper, if given the chance he'll be automatic, rather than just once a night. Amare will play on the block and Melo on the perimeter, if matchups warrant I can see Melo on the block as well, but this will depend on getting a shooter to enter the pass, Kidd, Novak, JR. You need to work this group into a triangle type offense, Amare on the block, Chandler at the elbow with weak side spot up shooters.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    they've never had the time together to make it work. it's one thing to do stuff in practice, but until you play games you don't know what you have. amare's health is going to prevent us from finding out how these two could truly play together.

  11. #11
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    We can't really compare us to Indiana. I think George, Hibbert, West is much > than Melo, Amare, Chandler. For one it starts with everyone playing their natural position on Indiana and it just makes more sense. Offensively i think they are a little worse, but defensively they are light years away from Melo, Amare, Chandler.

    On Offense - George is the penetrator/scorer for Indiana. West is there for garbage buckets and he can space the floor cuz he's always been known for having a nice midrange. Hibbert has stone hands but he's there more for defense.
    On Defense - George is an elite wing defender cuz he has crazy long arms and good understanding on positioning, West is not a good defender, Hibbert is probably top 2 best defensive centers in the lague

    Melo was great for us all year (even haters have to admit this). The problem with him playing a majority of time at PF is that we would have to play Amare at C and go small. That would actually be a fine lineup for smaller teams like the Heat, but we do give up a ton of defense in this formation. There are also questions whether Melo has the speed to match up against SF's anymore as well...hence why we have a problem on our hands.

  12. #12
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Someone in another thread had an excellent post on this. Offensively it clashes because Melo needs to operate in the post and he proved this year he can destroy anyone at PF. From what i see he has 2 more or less unstoppable moves, he either posts a dude and jays in their face or jab steps and takes a dude to the rack. Amare clogs the lane because he's not a great midrange shooter (proven when they tried to make him one last 2 years) and generally need to play by finishing around the basket with plays for him. It would be better in Amare became a post player because Melo could be the facilitator because he has a great midrange and would be the spacing for Amare to operate in the post.

    Defensively Melo can't seem to Guards SF's, and Amare can't guard anyone. Those are the potential problems i see with this duo.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    Someone in another thread had an excellent post on this. Offensively it clashes because Melo needs to operate in the post and he proved this year he can destroy anyone at PF. From what i see he has 2 more or less unstoppable moves, he either posts a dude and jays in their face or jab steps and takes a dude to the rack. Amare clogs the lane because he's not a great midrange shooter (proven when they tried to make him one last 2 years) and generally need to play by finishing around the basket with plays for him. It would be better in Amare became a post player because Melo could be the facilitator because he has a great midrange and would be the spacing for Amare to operate in the post.

    Defensively Melo can't seem to Guards SF's, and Amare can't guard anyone. Those are the potential problems i see with this duo.
    On the other hand, Melo will get destroyed on the post by a West, rebounding and post up defense. We were killed on the boards, that has to improve, I'd rather have someone blow by Melo on the perimeter with Chandler back there, then having someone killing Melo on the block. Health wise, too many arms get stuck somewhere in the paint and torn out.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Kiya, i wonder how old u are.... Non of that was a technical answer. It was all subjective like all your other posts. Everything u say is an opinion and not something u can back up with factual evidence. In fact when u try to say factual stuff you're completely wrong... U just said "kept getting swept out the playoffs" in reference to melo but FACT is he only got swept once while in Denver... When it comes to our franchise player you're the worst troll on the board...

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    u want facts ....
    My age have nothing to do with Amare & Melo 2 seasons as Knicks look like mixing oil & water.
    The two have not mixed well on offense, and the two are a liability together on defense.
    And thats not an opinion .. although this is an OPINION forum.
    Losing 1-4 in a series is the same as getting swept .. my opinion.

    I'm a troll because I dont like a trade or dont like a hiring of a coach or GM makes me a troll .. u r a JOKE

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    After 2 seasons, I dont see Amare & Melo mixing well in 3 or 4 straight games next season, or the future.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 171
    Last Post: Jun 13, 2012, 08:30
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 08, 2012, 21:12
  3. Let's stop it with the Trade Melo/Amar'e crap
    By SSj4Wingzero in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2012, 21:49
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2011, 23:26
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2010, 14:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •