Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruh Roh - Melo Concerned Knicks Won't Add Another Scorer?

Superstar

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    I think Woodson's hands are tied because of Melo. If Melo wants to play ISO, Woody is forced to implement it. We all know Melo has Dolan's balls in his hands. If Woodson makes Melo angry, he's gone from NY. So we really can't blame Woody for the way he's coaching. After all, he's probably doing what Melo wants him to do.

And LOL to the post above that said Melo deferred to Stat for 3 years.
    Do u understand the word defer? How knicks games with stat and melo in the lineup did u see? Did melo not try to force things to stat at times in which he would normally shoot? I'm sure he did. That is what deferring is all about. Its not just taking a backseat.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    I think Woodson's hands are tied because of Melo. If Melo wants to play ISO, Woody is forced to implement it. We all know Melo has Dolan's balls in his hands. If Woodson makes Melo angry, he's gone from NY. So we really can't blame Woody for the way he's coaching. After all, he's probably doing what Melo wants him to do.

And LOL to the post above that said Melo deferred to Stat for 3 years.

So Woody is just Wuss,,,,,,,,

Idk man I am starting to really believe the Knicks might be looking for a cp3 trade... All the talk about drafting a young pg (probably to be a back up to CP3) and random looking for a center (probably to plug into the 5 spot) you never know...... I will say this I like Tyson he did get beat by Hibbert but he was likely playing injured... and I don't know if adding CP3 will make the knicks real contenders (especially if we lose more role players to make that trade work).... But yeah CP3 is a real option out there and Melo would know better than most if CP3 would be willing to give up the guaranteed money for a chance to get a ring...

The irony of it all is if Cp3 knees give out after yet another long term contract being signed to the knicks

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Idk man I am starting to really believe the Knicks might be looking for a cp3 trade... All the talk about drafting a young pg (probably to be a back up to CP3) and random looking for a center (probably to plug into the 5 spot) you never know...... I will say this I like Tyson he did get beat by Hibbert but he was likely playing injured... and I don't know if adding CP3 will make the knicks real contenders (especially if we lose more role players to make that trade work).... But yeah CP3 is a real option out there and Melo would know better than most if CP3 would be willing to give up the guaranteed money for a chance to get a ring...

The irony of it all is if Cp3 knees give out after yet another long term contract being signed to the knicks
    theres no way CP3 comes to NY.

Originally Posted by Wargames

I would love for CP3 to come to the Knicks but it's not happening. He would have to give up approx. 30 Million dollars on his final year of contract because no one else has the option to offer him that and in order to come to the Knicks, he would have to accept around 4 Million dollars less than his Max 18.8 Million dollars although I'm not sure now that Kidd is retiring. If Kidd retiring takes his salary of the Knicks' payroll than it would probably bump what he would make his first year on the Knicks to around 18 million dollars. Even if he were to give up 30 million dollars, the Clippers would have to accept a trade from the Knicks and they don't need Tyson Chandler. I doubt they would want to take Amare, Novak, Camby, or Felton either.

yeah I take back the CP3 theory I knew something was happening to the PG position on the roster but it looks like it was just J.Kidd retiring.

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    U need to read over my post. I said "people" if that doesn't apply to you then move along. Those people know who they are

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Ah ok. I must've read it wrong.

No CP-3 without giving up Shump as well as others