Ruh Roh - Melo Concerned Knicks Won't Add Another Scorer?

knicksince 93

Rotation player
u make it sound like this is ur first season watchin a 18 year veteran Jason Kidd .. the only time in Kidds NBA career where his team did not play "TEAM-BALL" were when Carter was his teammate on the Nets, and Melo was his teammate on the Knicks.

Jason Kidd became a HOF from years of leading his team to play TEAM-BALL .. ok u can throw in several seasons of leading the league in tripple-doubles too.

Certain players perform at their best when playing "TEAM-BALL" ....
Young Landry Fields is that raw SF/SG who does all the small things in a team-ball rotation.
Young Shump is that raw combo-guard 6th-Man who does the simple things to win in a team-ball rotation.
Young Copeland is a raw talent u fit into a team-ball rotation to throw on opponents SF.

Here's where i prove everything u say is all subjective and not facts. U say the nets with vc didn't play team ball. I'm sure you're saying that because u think vc was an individual talent and jacked. Well you're wrong and so is your opinion. jason kidd averaged 9 assist and vince averaged 5. They ran the Princeton offense and were ranked 3rd overall in assists. Soooo how didn't they play team ball??? They clearly did. Take it from someone who knows kidds career. That one point just represents your perception of stuff and how u flip your opinion to validate an arguement. U never have facts and your opinions don't make sense... U never answer any question i ask u because u don't want to state the obvious because it will put your foot in your mouth... Please just answer, when melo carried us to all the wins( he led the league in scoring by iso might i add) did u cheer. Like when we went on runs and closed out games and comebacks did u cheer? If so then you were cheering for melo too and pretty often.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

knicksince 93

Rotation player
It had nothing to do with facts .. and a lot to do with my confidence in getting other teammates to score in a moving halfcourt offense, rather than the stand-still halfcourt offense we used all season, and in the postseason games.
I wrote my rotation of players for the postseason games against Boston/Indiana
I wrote 3 players (Melo/Amare/Felton) I would have taking the majority of shots in the 4th qtr.

Thats my opinion .. not facts

I understand melo can be more of a team player. But the key word is TEAM its not just him that needs to conform to a team. They all do, melo, jr, felton, stat and shump get iso-ish over time teams gel and learn trust and thats gonna happen with our knicks to. But u outright refuse to give melo credit for our wins but all the blame for our shortcomings. Give him his do, he is our the major reason for our rise and fall for better or worse. Stop being blind to his importance

Rob Low

Rotation player
Rob I'm responding to his ignorance anymore... Do u notice every time he says kidd(who i love more then any player ever) he always says HOF like he's still even 30 percent of that version. What HOF thing has he done for the knicks? I can't anymore. It's pointless

This is exactly what i'm saying. I love Kidd as much as anybody and he might be my favorite PG of all time. But this is not prime Kidd or anything close to it. The truth is he should've retired in 2011 after the Mavs won the title. If we could have him as an assistant or something like that, i would love it, but there's no reason he should get minutes over Pablo or Copeland at this point of his career.

NewYork

Benchwarmer
I understand melo can be more of a team player. But the key word is TEAM its not just him that needs to conform to a team. They all do, melo, jr, felton, stat and shump get iso-ish over time teams gel and learn trust and thats gonna happen with our knicks to. But u outright refuse to give melo credit for our wins but all the blame for our shortcomings. Give him his do, he is our the major reason for our rise and fall for better or worse. Stop being blind to his importance

Are you forgetting the fact that Melo is the leader and that he calls the shots? You're insinuating that the rest of the players aren't doing it Melo's way. Even Stat let go of his ego to give the shot-calling to Melo. Knicks fans aren't discrediting Melo, he brought a lot of credibility to this team but who wants to settle for nothing less than a try at the Championship? Melo's way isn't working. He needs to learn to distribute the ball. He wastes to much energy by trying to make plays on his own. He doesn't have the extra energy to spend on defense and it makes the Knicks too predictable to defend. If he got other teammates into the game he would have extra gas in the 4th quarter to do his thing. It is on Melo to make this happen because he's the go to guy and everyone needs to feed off of him. Felton can facilitate too but Melo attracts more attention on defense. Me personally, I'm not putting Melo down. I'm just stating the obvious.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Are you forgetting the fact that Melo is the leader and that he calls the shots? You're insinuating that the rest of the players aren't doing it Melo's way. Even Stat let go of his ego to give the shot-calling to Melo. Knicks fans aren't discrediting Melo, he brought a lot of credibility to this team but who wants to settle for nothing less than a try at the Championship? Melo's way isn't working. He needs to learn to distribute the ball. He wastes to much energy by trying to make plays on his own. He doesn't have the extra energy to spend on defense and it makes the Knicks too predictable to defend. If he got other teammates into the game he would have extra gas in the 4th quarter to do his thing. It is on Melo to make this happen because he's the go to guy and everyone needs to feed off of him. Felton can facilitate too but Melo attracts more attention on defense. Me personally, I'm not putting Melo down. I'm just stating the obvious.

I hate when people say he demands shots like he's going in the huddles and saying give me the ball, or i demand to play 40 minutes. That's not happening. Idk how many games yall watched but this year melo has been a very willing passer way more then he's given credit for.as far as his ego goes, that's another misconception, please don't forget that he did start on the usa team. And went to durant and said I'll come off the bench... Yea i know its easy to defer to someone u consider better or equal. But if melo had that huge an ego he would not consider him an equal and not defer. Heck he even deferred to stat for the last 3 years. Whether it worked or not, melo makes an effort to do what people want him to do but only gets credit for his failures.... Crazy thing is, I'm not even a melo fan but the man has brought something to our team that we've never had before(please don't bring up the great Ewing) that was a different something he brought

skisloper

Starter
I hate when people say he demands shots like he's going in the huddles and saying give me the ball, or i demand to play 40 minutes. That's not happening. Idk how many games yall watched but this year melo has been a very willing passer way more then he's given credit for.as far as his ego goes, that's another misconception, please don't forget that he did start on the usa team. And went to durant and said I'll come off the bench... Yea i know its easy to defer to someone u consider better or equal. But if melo had that huge an ego he would not consider him an equal and not defer. Heck he even deferred to stat for the last 3 years. Whether it worked or not, melo makes an effort to do what people want him to do but only gets credit for his failures.... Crazy thing is, I'm not even a melo fan but the man has brought something to our team that we've never had before(please don't bring up the great Ewing) that was a different something he brought

I think Woodson is the wrong coach for Melo. Woody is an embracer of the ISO and does not coach Melo on the other aspects.......Personally as I have said before I do not think Woody is a real strategic coach....He is a great motivator and players play for him but that will not win NBA finals.....

Phil Jackson as he has done for so many of the greats will turn Melo into all he is capable of being......

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I think Woodson is the wrong coach for Melo. Woody is an embracer of the ISO and does not coach Melo on the other aspects.......Personally as I have said before I do not think Woody is a real strategic coach....He is a great motivator and players play for him but that will not win NBA finals.....

Phil Jackson as he has done for so many of the greats will turn Melo into all he is capable of being......

He's a horrible game coach. He's more the problem then anything else.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer

I think Woodson's hands are tied because of Melo. If Melo wants to play ISO, Woody is forced to implement it. We all know Melo has Dolan's balls in his hands. If Woodson makes Melo angry, he's gone from NY. So we really can't blame Woody for the way he's coaching. After all, he's probably doing what Melo wants him to do.

And LOL to the post above that said Melo deferred to Stat for 3 years.

NewYork

Benchwarmer

No one is saying he demands shots. You need to read over my post. I said he calls the shots. There's a big difference. He gets the final say. Don't twist up my words. Read over what people write and think it through.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
No one is saying he demands shots. You need to read over my post. I said he calls the shots. There's a big difference. He gets the final say. Don't twist up my words. Read over what people write and think it through.

U need to read over my post. I said "people" if that doesn't apply to you then move along. Those people know who they are

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I think Woodson's hands are tied because of Melo. If Melo wants to play ISO, Woody is forced to implement it. We all know Melo has Dolan's balls in his hands. If Woodson makes Melo angry, he's gone from NY. So we really can't blame Woody for the way he's coaching. After all, he's probably doing what Melo wants him to do.

Do u understand the word defer? How knicks games with stat and melo in the lineup did u see? Did melo not try to force things to stat at times in which he would normally shoot? I'm sure he did. That is what deferring is all about. Its not just taking a backseat.

skisloper

Starter

So Woody is just Wuss,,,,,,,,

Wargames

Starter
Idk man I am starting to really believe the Knicks might be looking for a cp3 trade... All the talk about drafting a young pg (probably to be a back up to CP3) and random looking for a center (probably to plug into the 5 spot) you never know...... I will say this I like Tyson he did get beat by Hibbert but he was likely playing injured... and I don't know if adding CP3 will make the knicks real contenders (especially if we lose more role players to make that trade work).... But yeah CP3 is a real option out there and Melo would know better than most if CP3 would be willing to give up the guaranteed money for a chance to get a ring...

The irony of it all is if Cp3 knees give out after yet another long term contract being signed to the knicks

metrocard

Legend
Idk man I am starting to really believe the Knicks might be looking for a cp3 trade... All the talk about drafting a young pg (probably to be a back up to CP3) and random looking for a center (probably to plug into the 5 spot) you never know...... I will say this I like Tyson he did get beat by Hibbert but he was likely playing injured... and I don't know if adding CP3 will make the knicks real contenders (especially if we lose more role players to make that trade work).... But yeah CP3 is a real option out there and Melo would know better than most if CP3 would be willing to give up the guaranteed money for a chance to get a ring...

The irony of it all is if Cp3 knees give out after yet another long term contract being signed to the knicks

theres no way CP3 comes to NY.

NewYork

Benchwarmer

I would love for CP3 to come to the Knicks but it's not happening. He would have to give up approx. 30 Million dollars on his final year of contract because no one else has the option to offer him that and in order to come to the Knicks, he would have to accept around 4 Million dollars less than his Max 18.8 Million dollars although I'm not sure now that Kidd is retiring. If Kidd retiring takes his salary of the Knicks' payroll than it would probably bump what he would make his first year on the Knicks to around 18 million dollars. Even if he were to give up 30 million dollars, the Clippers would have to accept a trade from the Knicks and they don't need Tyson Chandler. I doubt they would want to take Amare, Novak, Camby, or Felton either.

Wargames

Starter
yeah I take back the CP3 theory I knew something was happening to the PG position on the roster but it looks like it was just J.Kidd retiring.