Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Ruh Roh - Melo Concerned Knicks Won't Add Another Scorer?

  1. #16
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think you guys underrate Kiyaman, he's trying to scratch the surface and dig and grab the roots.

  2. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I think you guys underrate Kiyaman, he's trying to scratch the surface and dig and grab the roots.
    Thanx Metro .. but u know how it goes bashing Marbury flaws made members upset, bashing Dantoni's flaws made members upset, bashing Donnie Walsh stupidity for letting everyone know his two year plan, or who the Knicks are picking in the draft made members angry. So bashing Dolan stupidity for gettin involve in the Melo-trade when we were starting a 2nd round draft pick at SG made members angry.
    Bashing Melo for making us the worst fastbreak team in the NBA, because Melo want to walk the ball for a slow-ball offense for 48 minutes a game to show ISO-Melo could score on double & tripple teams to get roars from the crowd, but it stops our ball movement and a team-ballin concept.

    Some people want FACTS from the media or sports announcer about the Knicks when the best information on the Knicks performance is right in our GAME-THREADS...

  3. #18
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I think you guys underrate Kiyaman, he's trying to scratch the surface and dig and grab the roots.
    No he's not, he's trying to push his anti-Melo agenda at all cost. No matter what happens you can count on Kiya to somehow blame Melo and make Kidd and Fields sound like Michael Jordan.

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    No he's not, he's trying to push his anti-Melo agenda at all cost. No matter what happens you can count on Kiya to somehow blame Melo and make Kidd and Fields sound like Michael Jordan.

    u make it sound like this is ur first season watchin a 18 year veteran Jason Kidd .. the only time in Kidds NBA career where his team did not play "TEAM-BALL" were when Carter was his teammate on the Nets, and Melo was his teammate on the Knicks.

    Jason Kidd became a HOF from years of leading his team to play TEAM-BALL .. ok u can throw in several seasons of leading the league in tripple-doubles too.

    Certain players perform at their best when playing "TEAM-BALL" ....
    Young Landry Fields is that raw SF/SG who does all the small things in a team-ball rotation.
    Young Shump is that raw combo-guard 6th-Man who does the simple things to win in a team-ball rotation.
    Young Copeland is a raw talent u fit into a team-ball rotation to throw on opponents SF.

  5. #20
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u make it sound like this is ur first season watchin a 18 year veteran Jason Kidd .. the only time in Kidds NBA career where his team did not play "TEAM-BALL" were when Carter was his teammate on the Nets, and Melo was his teammate on the Knicks.

    Jason Kidd became a HOF from years of leading his team to play TEAM-BALL .. ok u can throw in several seasons of leading the league in tripple-doubles too.

    Certain players perform at their best when playing "TEAM-BALL" ....
    Young Landry Fields is that raw SF/SG who does all the small things in a team-ball rotation.
    Young Shump is that raw combo-guard 6th-Man who does the simple things to win in a team-ball rotation.
    Young Copeland is a raw talent u fit into a team-ball rotation to throw on opponents SF.
    Rob I'm responding to his ignorance anymore... Do u notice every time he says kidd(who i love more then any player ever) he always says HOF like he's still even 30 percent of that version. What HOF thing has he done for the knicks? I can't anymore. It's pointless

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #21
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u make it sound like this is ur first season watchin a 18 year veteran Jason Kidd .. the only time in Kidds NBA career where his team did not play "TEAM-BALL" were when Carter was his teammate on the Nets, and Melo was his teammate on the Knicks.

    Jason Kidd became a HOF from years of leading his team to play TEAM-BALL .. ok u can throw in several seasons of leading the league in tripple-doubles too.

    Certain players perform at their best when playing "TEAM-BALL" ....
    Young Landry Fields is that raw SF/SG who does all the small things in a team-ball rotation.
    Young Shump is that raw combo-guard 6th-Man who does the simple things to win in a team-ball rotation.
    Young Copeland is a raw talent u fit into a team-ball rotation to throw on opponents SF.
    Here's where i prove everything u say is all subjective and not facts. U say the nets with vc didn't play team ball. I'm sure you're saying that because u think vc was an individual talent and jacked. Well you're wrong and so is your opinion. jason kidd averaged 9 assist and vince averaged 5. They ran the Princeton offense and were ranked 3rd overall in assists. Soooo how didn't they play team ball??? They clearly did. Take it from someone who knows kidds career. That one point just represents your perception of stuff and how u flip your opinion to validate an arguement. U never have facts and your opinions don't make sense... U never answer any question i ask u because u don't want to state the obvious because it will put your foot in your mouth... Please just answer, when melo carried us to all the wins( he led the league in scoring by iso might i add) did u cheer. Like when we went on runs and closed out games and comebacks did u cheer? If so then you were cheering for melo too and pretty often.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #22
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    It had nothing to do with facts .. and a lot to do with my confidence in getting other teammates to score in a moving halfcourt offense, rather than the stand-still halfcourt offense we used all season, and in the postseason games.
    I wrote my rotation of players for the postseason games against Boston/Indiana
    I wrote 3 players (Melo/Amare/Felton) I would have taking the majority of shots in the 4th qtr.

    Thats my opinion .. not facts
    I understand melo can be more of a team player. But the key word is TEAM its not just him that needs to conform to a team. They all do, melo, jr, felton, stat and shump get iso-ish over time teams gel and learn trust and thats gonna happen with our knicks to. But u outright refuse to give melo credit for our wins but all the blame for our shortcomings. Give him his do, he is our the major reason for our rise and fall for better or worse. Stop being blind to his importance

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #23
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Rob I'm responding to his ignorance anymore... Do u notice every time he says kidd(who i love more then any player ever) he always says HOF like he's still even 30 percent of that version. What HOF thing has he done for the knicks? I can't anymore. It's pointless

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    This is exactly what i'm saying. I love Kidd as much as anybody and he might be my favorite PG of all time. But this is not prime Kidd or anything close to it. The truth is he should've retired in 2011 after the Mavs won the title. If we could have him as an assistant or something like that, i would love it, but there's no reason he should get minutes over Pablo or Copeland at this point of his career.

  9. #24
    Member NewYork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    2

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    I understand melo can be more of a team player. But the key word is TEAM its not just him that needs to conform to a team. They all do, melo, jr, felton, stat and shump get iso-ish over time teams gel and learn trust and thats gonna happen with our knicks to. But u outright refuse to give melo credit for our wins but all the blame for our shortcomings. Give him his do, he is our the major reason for our rise and fall for better or worse. Stop being blind to his importance

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Are you forgetting the fact that Melo is the leader and that he calls the shots? You're insinuating that the rest of the players aren't doing it Melo's way. Even Stat let go of his ego to give the shot-calling to Melo. Knicks fans aren't discrediting Melo, he brought a lot of credibility to this team but who wants to settle for nothing less than a try at the Championship? Melo's way isn't working. He needs to learn to distribute the ball. He wastes to much energy by trying to make plays on his own. He doesn't have the extra energy to spend on defense and it makes the Knicks too predictable to defend. If he got other teammates into the game he would have extra gas in the 4th quarter to do his thing. It is on Melo to make this happen because he's the go to guy and everyone needs to feed off of him. Felton can facilitate too but Melo attracts more attention on defense. Me personally, I'm not putting Melo down. I'm just stating the obvious.

  10. #25
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by NewYork
    Are you forgetting the fact that Melo is the leader and that he calls the shots? You're insinuating that the rest of the players aren't doing it Melo's way. Even Stat let go of his ego to give the shot-calling to Melo. Knicks fans aren't discrediting Melo, he brought a lot of credibility to this team but who wants to settle for nothing less than a try at the Championship? Melo's way isn't working. He needs to learn to distribute the ball. He wastes to much energy by trying to make plays on his own. He doesn't have the extra energy to spend on defense and it makes the Knicks too predictable to defend. If he got other teammates into the game he would have extra gas in the 4th quarter to do his thing. It is on Melo to make this happen because he's the go to guy and everyone needs to feed off of him. Felton can facilitate too but Melo attracts more attention on defense. Me personally, I'm not putting Melo down. I'm just stating the obvious.
    I hate when people say he demands shots like he's going in the huddles and saying give me the ball, or i demand to play 40 minutes. That's not happening. Idk how many games yall watched but this year melo has been a very willing passer way more then he's given credit for.as far as his ego goes, that's another misconception, please don't forget that he did start on the usa team. And went to durant and said I'll come off the bench... Yea i know its easy to defer to someone u consider better or equal. But if melo had that huge an ego he would not consider him an equal and not defer. Heck he even deferred to stat for the last 3 years. Whether it worked or not, melo makes an effort to do what people want him to do but only gets credit for his failures.... Crazy thing is, I'm not even a melo fan but the man has brought something to our team that we've never had before(please don't bring up the great Ewing) that was a different something he brought

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    I hate when people say he demands shots like he's going in the huddles and saying give me the ball, or i demand to play 40 minutes. That's not happening. Idk how many games yall watched but this year melo has been a very willing passer way more then he's given credit for.as far as his ego goes, that's another misconception, please don't forget that he did start on the usa team. And went to durant and said I'll come off the bench... Yea i know its easy to defer to someone u consider better or equal. But if melo had that huge an ego he would not consider him an equal and not defer. Heck he even deferred to stat for the last 3 years. Whether it worked or not, melo makes an effort to do what people want him to do but only gets credit for his failures.... Crazy thing is, I'm not even a melo fan but the man has brought something to our team that we've never had before(please don't bring up the great Ewing) that was a different something he brought

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

    I think Woodson is the wrong coach for Melo. Woody is an embracer of the ISO and does not coach Melo on the other aspects.......Personally as I have said before I do not think Woody is a real strategic coach....He is a great motivator and players play for him but that will not win NBA finals.....

    Phil Jackson as he has done for so many of the greats will turn Melo into all he is capable of being......

  12. #27
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    I think Woodson is the wrong coach for Melo. Woody is an embracer of the ISO and does not coach Melo on the other aspects.......Personally as I have said before I do not think Woody is a real strategic coach....He is a great motivator and players play for him but that will not win NBA finals.....

    Phil Jackson as he has done for so many of the greats will turn Melo into all he is capable of being......
    He's a horrible game coach. He's more the problem then anything else.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    I think Woodson is the wrong coach for Melo. Woody is an embracer of the ISO and does not coach Melo on the other aspects.......Personally as I have said before I do not think Woody is a real strategic coach....He is a great motivator and players play for him but that will not win NBA finals.....

    Phil Jackson as he has done for so many of the greats will turn Melo into all he is capable of being......
    I think Woodson's hands are tied because of Melo. If Melo wants to play ISO, Woody is forced to implement it. We all know Melo has Dolan's balls in his hands. If Woodson makes Melo angry, he's gone from NY. So we really can't blame Woody for the way he's coaching. After all, he's probably doing what Melo wants him to do.

    And LOL to the post above that said Melo deferred to Stat for 3 years.

  14. #29
    Member NewYork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    I hate when people say he demands shots like he's going in the huddles and saying give me the ball, or i demand to play 40 minutes. That's not happening. Idk how many games yall watched but this year melo has been a very willing passer way more then he's given credit for.as far as his ego goes, that's another misconception, please don't forget that he did start on the usa team. And went to durant and said I'll come off the bench... Yea i know its easy to defer to someone u consider better or equal. But if melo had that huge an ego he would not consider him an equal and not defer. Heck he even deferred to stat for the last 3 years. Whether it worked or not, melo makes an effort to do what people want him to do but only gets credit for his failures.... Crazy thing is, I'm not even a melo fan but the man has brought something to our team that we've never had before(please don't bring up the great Ewing) that was a different something he brought

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    No one is saying he demands shots. You need to read over my post. I said he calls the shots. There's a big difference. He gets the final say. Don't twist up my words. Read over what people write and think it through.

  15. #30
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by NewYork
    No one is saying he demands shots. You need to read over my post. I said he calls the shots. There's a big difference. He gets the final say. Don't twist up my words. Read over what people write and think it through.
    U need to read over my post. I said "people" if that doesn't apply to you then move along. Those people know who they are

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2013, 15:41
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 10, 2012, 23:34
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2011, 22:46
  4. Nuggets Add Al Harrington? Helps our Melo Chances
    By Knicksfansince92 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jul 15, 2010, 09:26
  5. The Amityville Scorer
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jan 18, 2006, 23:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •