Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jackson's advice to Melo? Read my book!

When will you guys realize Melo will run whatever the coach calls

its not like he's out there just taking the ball and not passing

also remember what Ronnie Brewer said when he signed "you can't watch Melo you gotta move without the ball"

How about the lack of a facilitator to run a quality NBA offense, how about the coach not even putting in a quality offense at all

its funny because people always assume everything is about ball movement or ISO ball

they look at his FGA and say he's a chucker but in essence it's all wrong

players play the system installed if we ran an offense that dictated finding great shots instead of good ones and had a facilitator no one would be talking about this

get a facilitator and install a real offense and then see how much things change

Originally Posted by CA7
    I think you got it switched up. Actually, Coach runs whatever Melo calls. As long as Dolan is the owner anyway.

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    I think you got it switched up. Actually, Coach runs whatever Melo calls. As long as Dolan is the owner anyway.
    You're another one with an agenda to spread no comment necessary

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    lol good one. Anyways Paul George ---------------> Melo.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7

also remember what Ronnie Brewer said when he signed "you can't watch Melo you gotta move without the ball"

How about the lack of a facilitator to run a quality NBA offense, how about the coach not even putting in a quality offense at all

its funny because people always assume everything is about ball movement or ISO ball

players play the system installed if we ran an offense that dictated finding great shots instead of good ones and had a facilitator no one would be talking about this

get a facilitator and install a real offense and then see how much things change
    Bingo.....look at the Eastern Conference Finals....Even Crybaby Bron can't win by himself with no help....Bron has been dishing as well as scoring but with when he gets no help...Heat lose. Basketball simpletons just blame "iso-ball" in essence blame the best player(not even the highest paid STAT) instead of looking a little deeper. And as was stated above "Zen-Master" lobbying for a job....I like Woody but would LOVE to see Phil roaming our sidelines

Originally Posted by CA7

Technically possible, but your No 1 on a team has to have some kind of say in what you are doing on court. Additionally what the Nuggets play under George Karl without Melo differs a lot from what they were doing when he was on the team (with J.R.).

Originally Posted by CA7

I don't think you understand what people are saying. What people are realizing is that Melo has to be that facilitator. He doesn't have to be the primary facilitator but he has to be someone who passes the ball out in order for the team to succeed because he takes the most shots in the team. If he doesn't pass the ball out when he has the ball in his hands that much, it only makes him predictable. If he doesn't learn that now he will only become worse as he gets slower and double teams become harder for him, and especially when younger, faster guys come into the league. He will only end up tiring himself out and demoralize the rest of the team. Its not like the guys on the team don't move around when Melo has the ball, the problem is Melo hardly ever passes! He doesn't even pay attention to the guys moving around! IF you kept moving around in a basketball game waiting for a pass and never get the pass, would you keep doing it? Nah, after a while you would just stand there and watch the guy do his thing..

Originally Posted by NewYork
    I don't think you understand what people are saying. What people are realizing is that Melo has to be that facilitator. He doesn't have to be the primary facilitator but he has to be someone who passes the ball out in order for the team to succeed because he takes the most shots in the team. If he doesn't pass the ball out when he has the ball in his hands that much, it only makes him predictable. If he doesn't learn that now he will only become worse as he gets slower and double teams become harder for him, and especially when younger, faster guys come into the league. He will only end up tiring himself out and demoralize the rest of the team. Its not like the guys on the team don't move around when Melo has the ball, the problem is Melo hardly ever passes! He doesn't even pay attention to the guys moving around! IF you kept moving around in a basketball game waiting for a pass and never get the pass, would you keep doing it? Nah, after a while you would just stand there and watch the guy do his thing..
    He's not choosing to do this, these are plays being called.

Now he does get trigger happy but we have a simple offense that's why there's no facilitating and everyone goes one on one not just Carmelo

its like people have no IQ, like when they say Melo thrives in ISO he really doesn't he's a beast in the pick n roll, off screens and a solid spot up shooter but unless you have an offense and a point guard you're not going to see him thriving at his best.

However I do wish he picked his spots better and let the game come to him

Veteran

Originally Posted by pat
    Technically possible, but your No 1 on a team has to have some kind of say in what you are doing on court. Additionally what the Nuggets play under George Karl without Melo differs a lot from what they were doing when he was on the team (with J.R.).

Its the opposite .. Coach Karl 2012-13 Denver Nuggets performance u can compare to Coach Karl Sonics with (the Glove) Payton & Kemp .. uptempo transition team -vs- ISO-Melo slow-ball jumper team .. the opposite

Melo forced his way to be our PF in the 2012-13 season, but Melo position himself as a SG all season.
    We went a season without a PF .. lucky we were in a weak eastern conference without any bigmen.
    Melo or JR touching the ball on every offensive-play made us a poor facilitator team.
    Melo & JR never moving without the ball or having the ability to catch the ball while moving made us a one-offensive-play team all season.

We had a 82 game season of ....
    Averaging 4 points per game on fastbreaks, getting out-rebounded 4 out of 5 games, letting teams score in the paint at will .... all this blame goes on our poor performance PF .... having a PF (Melo) grab a defensive-rebound then dribble the ball down-court, rather than throw the ball to the PG, or throw a lob-pass to the teammate already down-court leads to the poor poor facilitating for our team.
    Woody will yell and act the fool screaming at Copeland for making one mistake at the PF spot, but Melo makes 40 minutes worth of mistakes at the PF spot and Woody just stand there looking stupid .... Melo rules the Knicks...

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Its the opposite .. Coach Karl 2012-13 Denver Nuggets performance u can compare to Coach Karl Sonics with (the Glove) Payton & Kemp .. uptempo transition team -vs- ISO-Melo slow-ball jumper team .. the opposite

Melo forced his way to be our PF in the 2012-13 season, but Melo position himself as a SG all season.
    We went a season without a PF .. lucky we were in a weak eastern conference without any bigmen.
    Melo or JR touching the ball on every offensive-play made us a poor facilitator team.
    Melo & JR never moving without the ball or having the ability to catch the ball while moving made us a one-offensive-play team all season.

We had a 82 game season of ....
    Averaging 4 points per game on fastbreaks, getting out-rebounded 4 out of 5 games, letting teams score in the paint at will .... all this blame goes on our poor performance PF .... having a PF (Melo) grab a defensive-rebound then dribble the ball down-court, rather than throw the ball to the PG, or throw a lob-pass to the teammate already down-court leads to the poor poor facilitating for our team.
    Woody will yell and act the fool screaming at Copeland for making one mistake at the PF spot, but Melo makes 40 minutes worth of mistakes at the PF spot and Woody just stand there looking stupid .... Melo rules the Knicks...
    Metro this what i mean. He says all story book stuff. Like melo forced his way at power forward. That's so dumb. He didn't know stat was gonna be injured and if we was healthy melo wouldn't be a pf.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Superstar

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Metro this what i mean. He says all story book stuff. Like melo forced his way at power forward. That's so dumb. He didn't know stat was gonna be injured and if we was healthy melo wouldn't be a pf.

Where's the proof he "forced" to play pf? Oh its an opinion. Where's the source of this opinion? Can't find it? Cuz it doesn't exist, just pure hating.

Veteran

Where's the proof he "forced" to play pf? Oh its an opinion. Where's the source of this opinion? Can't find it? Cuz it doesn't exist, just pure hating.

u right, there is no proof .. however Amare was not the only PF on our roster.
    PF- Amare
    PF-Rasheed
    PF-K-Thomas
    PF-Copeland
    And Camby came into the league as a PF.
    It looks to me like GM Grunwald filled the PF position well for the 2012-13 season.

And u dont need a source to know why PF-Kenyon Martin went from max-salary to 10 day contract...

Veteran

Metro .... let Knicksince 93, know how well Melo did at the PF spot this season?
    rebounding = C-
    inside scoring = C-
    boxing-out = F
    screens & Picks = F
    defending paint = F
    put backs = F

I guess he didnt know why Woody always had that stupid look on his face lol

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Metro .... let Knicksince 93, know how well Melo did at the PF spot this season?
    rebounding = C-
    inside scoring = C-
    boxing-out = F
    screens & Picks = F
    defending paint = F
    put backs = F

I guess he didnt know why Woody always had that stupid look on his face lol
    Melo is possibly the best offensive rebounder and put back guy in the league so you're off there

Melo also posted a very nice opponent PER at the 4 so you're off again

He also shot 50% at the rim which is fine

He was also thriving as the pick man in the pick n roll/pick n pop off again **** boy

As for boxing out, how is one to judge that, you're a ****ing idiot for real, have no proof in anything you say

I think your parents were cousins

Wut?

He's good at putting back his own misses, that's about it.

50% at the rim is trash.