Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It has been reported that Jason Kidd has decided to retire from the NBA

Nyk Logo It has been reported that Jason Kidd has decided to retire from the NBA

That's great news.

He had nothing left. It's a definite relief to the cap even though his 3 mil won't really make a significant difference. It does open up a much needed roster spot for a younger PG.

Veteran

It's official JKidd is done. Respect to him for a great career and for coming to grips that he had nothing left.

As far as impact on our cap that will depend on his buyout with the Knicks. He could forgo his entire contract or demand a hefty buyout.

I thought it would be crazy that a guy would walk away from 6M remaining on his contract but if the Knicks make him an asst coach maybe he does walk away from the 6M we owe him.

Superstar

With the exception of lowering luxury tax payments for Dolan, Kidd's retirement is not likely to help the Knicks no matter how much of his future $6M plus in salary over two years is eliminated. The cap number for each year is a function of the prior year's revenue. Apparently the cap for 2013/2014 will be approximately $58.5M which is less than anticipated. With or without Kidd's contract, we are well over the projected cap. I believe the total for Melo, Amare' and Chandler together will eat up close to the total projected cap.

The co-rookies of the year announcing their retirement in a span of less than two days.

Great job, Kidd. Incredible player.

What an awesome career for Jason Kidd. I can't believe 19 years have passed already this quick. I remember when JKidd came into the league that one season with Grant Hill and Glenn Robinson. I used to think they'd all make it great in the NBA. Remember the Grant Hill Sprite commercials? Who would've thought Jason Kidd would've left this much damage in the NBA back then. Respect to an awesome career Jason. Hope you get whatever position you're looking for on the other end of the spectrum of NBA professions.

Veteran

Kidd is our best coach on the staff .. we cant afford to let him retire, until Kidd could get Amare & Melo to win 5 straight games together...

I just heard....wow, thanks Jason for a awesome short run. Wish we had him more years when he was younger. One of the smartest players ever

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Kidd is our best coach on the staff .. we cant afford to let him retire, until Kidd could get Amare & Melo to win 5 straight games together...
    Yeah, it's official though.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Well, it was only a year, but still thank you J-Kidd.

One of my favorite players of all time. I'm glad I got to see you in a Knicks jersey. Thanks for the 19 year show.

It's a shame, he gave us so much during the regular season. Due to poor coaching and injuries everything he had left in the tank was sapped from him and by the time the playoffs arrived he was dead in the water, a shell of his former self.

He coulda had another good year imo. Still, it's a blessing to have that cap and roster spot.

Now just waiting for Camby to retire.

If only we could get STAT to retire

I hated that prick when he was in New Jersey, loved him as a Knick, now **** off you effing wife-beating A-hole.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    He had nothing left. It's a definite relief to the cap even though his 3 mil won't really make a significant difference. It does open up a much needed roster spot for a younger PG.
    Man, you got zero respect for a HOF PG.

No thanks for what Kidd brought to the Knicks.
    Everyone seem to forgot how well Kidd played before his slump.
    Fake fans you are.

Shame on anyone who rejoices over Kidd's retirement...he was a leader amongst this team and a wizard on the court defensively....let's hope he can land a coaching spot with the Knicks, his mind is still the amongst the best with Duncan and Bryant and James...it's obvious Kidd's body can't take anymore NBA action.

Man, we got some ****ty fans in here these days.