Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It has been reported that Jason Kidd has decided to retire from the NBA

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by smokes
    It's a shame, he gave us so much during the regular season. Due to poor coaching and injuries everything he had left in the tank was sapped from him and by the time the playoffs arrived he was dead in the water, a shell of his former self.

He coulda had another good year imo. Still, it's a blessing to have that cap and roster spot.

Now just waiting for Camby to retire.
    One of the few great fans in here, a man who watched Kidd all season long and didn't forget how well he played in the beginning.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Man, you got zero respect for a HOF PG.

No thanks for what Kidd brought to the Knicks.
    Everyone seem to forgot how well Kidd played before his slump.
    Fake fans you are.

Shame on anyone who rejoices over Kidd's retirement...he was a leader amongst this team and a wizard on the court defensively....let's hope he can land a coaching spot with the Knicks, his mind is still the amongst the best with Duncan and Bryant and James...it's obvious Kidd's body can't take anymore NBA action.

Man, we got some ****ty fans in here these days.
    I'm a KNICKS fan. Were you blind or something? Kidd was done halfway through the season. He's done some great things in the league but unfortunately he's 40 and won't help our cause to winning a championship. That spot should go to a younger player with upside. Just because someone is a future HOF player doesn't mean his career doesn't have an ending.

And WTH am I thanking? Can Kidd see my KOL posts? Let's be real, he had some good moments here but overall he was average at best. He was inconsistent and didn't create for guys like you thought he would coming into the season. His game was mostly playing the passing lanes and spot up shooting (which he eventually lost). Also, I didn't see a leader on the court. If so, JR and Melo would have toned down their iso-heavy spurts. Praise him all you want for what he's done in the past, which is well deserved, but don't act like he was some saving grace for the team. I believe Pablo actually contributed more throughout the season.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I'm a KNICKS fan. Were you blind or something? Kidd was done halfway through the season. He's done some great things in the league but unfortunately he's 40 and won't help our cause to winning a championship. That spot should go to a younger player with upside. Just because someone is a future HOF player doesn't mean his career doesn't have an ending.

And WTH am I thanking? Can Kidd see my KOL posts? Let's be real, he had some good moments here but overall he was average at best. He was inconsistent and didn't create for guys like you thought he would coming into the season. His game was mostly playing the passing lanes and spot up shooting (which he eventually lost). Also, I didn't see a leader on the court. If so, JR and Melo would have toned down their iso-heavy spurts. Praise him all you want for what he's done in the past, which is well deserved, but don't act like he was some saving grace for the team. I believe Pablo actually contributed more throughout the season.
    I was really disappointed about his playoff performance, like the regular season he had some good moments but he was hardly the difference maker that he was brought in to be.

What was the thinking when we got Kidd, Camby, KT and Sheed. Play them sparingly in the regular season and have them fresh when the games really matter. Don't know what Grunny is going to do this off-season but I've had it with bringing in the Bibby's, Kidd's, Sheed, Camby etc. and please don't sign them for longer than 2 year deals with team options in the last year.

I think you guys honestly forgot the first half of the season. Good moments? Kidd was one of the major components of our start to the year. The difference between early season Knicks (consistent fluid ball movement, wide open 3 pointers, everyone scoring efficiently) vs late season Knicks (no ball movement, ISO ball, 0 assists, poor 3 pt shooting) was like night and day.

The main factor was that Kidd had been burned out from having to play 30 min+ during Felton's absence. Had Woody put Pablo into the rotation earlier, we may have seen a completely different end to the season/playoffs.

Every basketball "expert" was talking about Kidd playing 30 minutes being way too much for him and were proved correct. Strange that Woodson so vehemently protected the bodies of Camby, KT and Sheed all year but let Kidd sacrifice his health. Knicks should have got any half-competent PG on a 10 day rather than ruin Kidd like that.

i think Kidd retired before the playoffs began, he just didn't tell anyone... smh

Veteran

Looks like JKidd let the Knicks off the hook and waived the rest of the money that was due him. Even more respect for him to walk away from 6M dollars even with all the money he made in the NBA.

I recommend reading the below if you are interested in how retired players salaries affect the cap, the new CBA has a stretch provision for players that are waived, retired or bought out that allows you to "stretch" a players salary over a longer span thus decreasing the cap hit.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

right now Pablo has to be new Jason and now no other PG with such skills thats why Knicks have to search for next PG.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    i think Kidd retired before the playoffs began, he just didn't tell anyone... smh

.... Kidd played a big-role in the first 3 wins vs Boston .... Kidd retired after JR elbowed Terry, who happen to be Kidd & Tyson ex-teammate

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    .... Kidd played a big-role in the first 3 wins vs Boston .... Kidd retired after JR elbowed Terry, who happen to be Kidd & Tyson ex-teammate
    Haha how juvenile a statement. Only kidd can place kidds bad series onto someone else. This is appalling. Yall really can't take him serious.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2