Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: can Knicks create like Spurs franchise?

Veteran

Originally Posted by bigapple
    check roster from 00-10 miserable

Jalen Rose Malik Rose Starbury Duhon Al harrington Q Rich Fred Jones Othela Harrington Travis Knight Howard Eisley C Weatherspoon M Doleac P Hardaway McDyess V Baker F Wiliams

i wont be listing longer all players which was traded to NY was way ago after their prime

none of them was playing D and none of them was scoring big time

they even score Glen Rice or Luc Longley

Knicks are richest franchise but now they singned long term players that now simply dissapoints.

Knicks just now after longs years have proper coach but not championship coach.

I dont know when Knicks we sing player with D abilty like Starks Mason oakley and ewing

that times there was no proper PG Ward or Child was awful Ward should be played in NFL .

B4 Melo Knicks got only H20 and Sprewell as playoff players.

goin back memoery from 2nd part of 90s just look @ heat roster

ZO T-hard PJ Brown MAshburn Majerle all of them are D players.

PG-Chris Childs offense/defence were a B average starter on the Nets, Knicks, and Raptors .... the Raptors beat us in the first round in 5 games off the strength of PG-Childs & PF-Oakley .. Spree & H2O over-played Carter & T-Mac in that series.
    That's the series where Oakley told his teammate Vince Carter he need to step-up his performance in the postseason-games...

If the Spurs had Dolan the past 15 years they would have won nothing.

Why this freak cant sold this team if he cant organize franchise as winning.

Dolan know anything bout basketball IQ?

in basketball shooting 30-40 is not the key but D and brain shots.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    PG-Chris Childs offense/defence were a B average starter on the Nets, Knicks, and Raptors .... the Raptors beat us in the first round in 5 games off the strength of PG-Childs & PF-Oakley .. Spree & H2O over-played Carter & T-Mac in that series.
    That's the series where Oakley told his teammate Vince Carter he need to step-up his performance in the postseason-games...
    but Spree and H20 was playing in finals Carter never reach finals

Carter is type of player that played in inprope teams wich average coaches T-Mac also was unlucky 3-1 in 1st round then gone 3-4

both of them should be traded to 1 team they spend to much time in diffrent teams.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    LMAO. Such a simple truth for the Knicks. BTW, awesome quote, "Humility is a virtue and pride is a vice".

1. Popovich is a General that isn't influenced by players. Melo or any other one star for that matter wouldn't change the way Popovich would coach. 2. Tim Duncan is an unselfish player that allows other people on the team to get the glory. His unselfishness is contagious to the team because he is obviously the respected "enlisted" leader of the team. If Pop is the General, Duncan is the Sergeant Major. 3. They have the all around free flowing basketball on offense and defense that teams strive for by enlisting people in their team that trusts the proven leadership, trusts the other players to score, and each single player tries not to do too much on their own because of the proven synergistic style that Popovich brings to the table.
    Last edited by NewYork; Jun 12, 2013 at 18:09.

The Heat are in a way similar to the Spurs in the aspects I've mentioned above but the Spurs are obviously more seasoned and experienced.

most experience guys in Spurs arent big number its just big 3 + T-Mac Bonner and Diaw others is just good coached

but they are coached to be team not personalias that have to just score

in mine country ppl called Heat comercialized team big comerciales duo with ref/Stern help

in Knicks i see brain players Pablo Thomas Melo need just coach that set him up

btw playoffss Barron hasnt played anything i forgot that he should be played instead of Chandler.

What impressing me alot from POP side he is taking timeout when he will see 3 possesion wrong /didnt like it

even when game is done

most experience guys in Spurs arent big number its just big 3 + T-Mac Bonner and Diaw others is just good coached

but they are coached to be team not personalias that have to just score

in mine country ppl called Heat comercialized team big comerciales duo with ref/Stern help

btw playoffss Barron hasnt played anything i forgot that he should be played instead of Chandler.

What impressing me alot from POP side he is taking timeout when he will see 3 possesion wrong /didnt like it

even when game is done
    Only 3? I'm talking about the franchise. It takes more than just the players to set up a team like the way the Spurs did and to keep the success going. The team leaders sets the mood and foundation for the rest of the people who come into the team to learn how the organization plays and what the team expects from the players. When I say most experienced, I'm talking about multiple champions and trips to the playoffs. You have players and coaches that when even the most self centered player comes into the team, they have to respect them.

Although I agree with you that the Knicks need a better coach to implement a smarter offense, it takes more than that. You can have the smartest player in the NBA, but how is he going to structure his team's mentality to agree and trust his intelligence? The player needs to command respect from the players to follow him. Pablo and other players might have the intelligence but he needs the credibility for the other players on the team to play the way he sees best. Intelligence is an important aspect in everything but in an organization or in a group, you need to command leadership to put those things into effect. The best way to command leadership is experience. Who would you listen to? A great player who plays the best in the NBA but has never won a championship and never even made it to the finals or semi-finals, or someone who isn't the best player in the NBA but only the best in his team where the team made it to the playoffs many times and won 5 championships and was regarded as the one of the best teams in the last two decades?
    Last edited by NewYork; Jun 12, 2013 at 18:34.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Jerry Krause:"Organizations win Championships"

Originally Posted by NewYork
    1. Popovich is a General that isn't influenced by players. Melo or any other one star for that matter wouldn't change the way Popovich would coach. 2. Tim Duncan is an unselfish player that allows other people on the team to get the glory. His unselfishness is contagious to the team because he is obviously the respected "enlisted" leader of the team. If Pop is the General, Duncan is the Sergeant Major. 3. They have the all around free flowing basketball on offense and defense that teams strive for by enlisting people in their team that trusts the proven leadership, trusts the other players to score, and each single player tries not to do too much on their own because of the proven synergistic style that Popovich brings to the table.
    This is a spot on analysis. The way they play allows them to go with the hot hand as well. This is very impressive and shows you that you can't manage an NBA team as if it were a computer game. Just looking at their roster you would say that they have no business being in the finals.

Thank You, New York! I wish the rep system was still working.

Originally Posted by NewYork
    Although I agree with you that the Knicks need a better coach to implement a smarter offense, it takes more than that. You can have the smartest player in the NBA, but how is he going to structure his team's mentality to agree and trust his intelligence? The player needs to command respect from the players to follow him. Pablo and other players might have the intelligence but he needs the credibility for the other players on the team to play the way he sees best. Intelligence is an important aspect in everything but in an organization or in a group, you need to command leadership to put those things into effect. The best way to command leadership is experience. Who would you listen to? A great player who plays the best in the NBA but has never won a championship and never even made it to the finals or semi-finals, or someone who isn't the best player in the NBA but only the best in his team where the team made it to the playoffs many times and won 5 championships and was regarded as the one of the best teams in the last two decades?
    personaly i will strip few player in Knicks right now and bring PG and 2nd scorer

i mine list players fro strip right now are STAT TYSON FELTON CAMBY JR they all wont bring D anymore

if that would be possible i would bring Curry as PG i dont want Paul , Artest Wilson Chandler

and if that would be possible coach Rivers only person that could play against heat/bulls

what i hate most current in Knicks offense is their waisting time for dribbling.

When i see Spurs they are passing ball which looks like triangle

defenders scoring headake and ball can even finish as layup just under glass.

Superstar

personaly i will strip few player in Knicks right now and bring PG and 2nd scorer

i mine list players fro strip right now are STAT TYSON FELTON CAMBY JR they all wont bring D anymore

if that would be possible i would bring Curry as PG i dont want Paul , Artest Wilson Chandler

and if that would be possible coach Rivers only person that could play against heat/bulls

what i hate most current in Knicks offense is their waisting time for dribbling.

When i see Spurs they are passing ball which looks like triangle

defenders scoring headake and ball can even finish as layup just under glass.
    Stop the nba2k transactions

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2