can Knicks create like Spurs franchise?

skisloper

Starter
Kobe has 5 rings and he was and is notoriously a selfish ball hog even more then melo, paul pierce is a jack too. The year the mavs won dirk was looking selfish esque. The thing is you can win with an iso offense IF your defense is on point. Not individual defense but team defense your create turnovers and get easy buckets in transition, those easy buckets come with an assist that while people think all these players are these great oriented team first passers they aren't. They just get easy transition assists. That's our problem its not melo or really our offense. We're the best half court team in the league but we don't get any easy buckets.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

One wonders if Melo had that 2nd superstar in a Chris Paul , Dwayne Wade or Russle Westbrook would the Knicks be in the Finals right now or would melo's Iso Ball still stop us......

I mean its clear in the Heat series without Wade , Lebron as good as he is cannot stand on his own.....same for Melo....But would Melo's selfish play be a stopper with another star.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
^^ Melo would allow Paul to lead. No doubt in my mind. Paul is one of the most influential players in the game.

Wargames

Starter
Popovich-Buford-Tree-thumb-570x664-124365.jpg

If it make's ya'll feel better Woodson was mentors by Larry Brown as well.... But really the difference between both teams is player development and thespurs were luckier in the draft. Knicks are doing a lot better get quality at their picks but To and Ginobli were diamonds in the rough when they were drafted.

bigapple

Starter
even if this could be a real MELo + Paul is still not enough still another shooter is needed if this team want to compete with Heat and team with Spurs level.

CA7

Scoring Champ
We could build around Melo and Paul within 2 years if we gutted the team to get CP3

CA7

Scoring Champ
we cannot get Chris Paul....and why in the world he want to come to a gutted team when he has such better choices....

Technically we can.

Melo>Blake

add in a few pieces within the next 2 years and contend for a title.

I know it's not happening but it's not hard to build around them

Peejay88

Rookie
I hate to sound like a bitc.....female dog but I think as long as the big 3 are in Miami then we're playing for second. We need stability though. A good mix of solid role players to go with Melo

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I hate to sound like a bitc.....female dog but I think as long as the big 3 are in Miami then we're playing for second. We need stability though. A good mix of solid role players to go with Melo

Yea that's true if the big 3 in performance and name. All they have is lebron. D wade will show glimpses of what he was in spurts but those spurts are gonna become fewer and further apart. It took him a whole playoffs to have 2 good games. they're not a big 3 anymore. Just a big one with 2 good role players. They can be beat and melo's knicks are the ones to do it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I like how the Knicks are now. They just need to be themselves and stop signing former Denver Nuggets players. Carmelo Anthony is enough former Nuggets players for one team.

Peejay88

Rookie
Yep no more Nuggets. They couldn't win in their prime. Unless Gallo or Chandler want to come back :-D

Last edited: