Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JKidd interested in Nets coaching job

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Head coach Byron Scott was never afraid to admit his two assistant-coaches Jordan & Tripucka's idea & orchestration of the uptempo-offensive system were a success with Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart leadership running the system.

Byron Scott inherited assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka who were on the Nets coaching-staff 2 years before the hiring of headcoach Byron Scott.
    Coach Frank was hired by the Nets the year after the Byron Scott took the Nets to their first season to the FINALS.

Assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka both left the Nets to take the head coaching job of the Washington Wizards, after the Nets consecutive season in the FINALS.
    The Nets 3rd season without the assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka on the staff, became so chaotic that headcoach Byron Scott was fired in the middle of the season, and a clueless coach Frank became the interim head coach depended heavy on Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart leadership, but coach Frank folded under pressure with a 3-2 lead in the playoff (with Game-6 at Home in NJ), the Detroit Pistons won the next two games of the series to go to the FINALS .. the Nets wouldve won that series with Byron or Jordan & Tripuka...
    There goes kiya guessing and where i have to put him in check again... U said frank folded? I keep tellin u i know my mans career. Kidd didn't even have a single fg in that game 7 so u tell me who folded. Learn your stop makin silly guesses of how u think things are becausr u always wrong with your assessments. We all love kidd but that loss back then,was on him not frank. Frank came in and they went on a tear

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran

Head coach Byron Scott was never afraid to admit his two assistant-coaches Jordan & Tripucka's idea & orchestration of the uptempo-offensive system were a success with Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart leadership running the system.

Byron Scott inherited assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka who were on the Nets coaching-staff 2 years before the hiring of headcoach Byron Scott.
    Coach Frank was hired by the Nets the year after the Byron Scott took the Nets to their first season to the FINALS.

Assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka both left the Nets to take the head coaching job of the Washington Wizards, after the Nets consecutive season in the FINALS.
    The Nets 3rd season without the assistant coaches Jordan & Tripucka on the staff, became so chaotic that headcoach Byron Scott was fired in the middle of the season, and a clueless coach Frank became the interim head coach depended heavy on Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart leadership, but coach Frank folded under pressure with a 3-2 lead in the playoff (with Game-6 at Home in NJ), the Detroit Pistons won the next two games of the series to go to the FINALS .. the Nets wouldve won that series with Byron or Jordan & Tripuka...
    Don't agree about Jordan and Tripucka (O'Koren) vs Frank. Jordan was overrated as his head coaching stints showed and now he's pitching softballs in the minor leagues of college bball. Tripucka was never a coach with the Nets, he was a color analyst you're thinking of Mike O'Koren who is a career asst coach in the NBA.

As far as Byron, it was no secret that he relied heavily on his fledgling asst to do most of the work and a lot of the coaching on that team. It was recognized otherwise the Nets would have never named him head coach, Frank also had a good run in NJ.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Don't agree about Jordan and Tripucka (O'Koren) vs Frank. Jordan was overrated as his head coaching stints showed and now he's pitching softballs in the minor leagues of college bball. Tripucka was never a coach with the Nets, he was a color analyst you're thinking of Mike O'Koren who is a career asst coach in the NBA.

As far as Byron, it was no secret that he relied heavily on his fledgling asst to do most of the work and a lot of the coaching on that team. It was recognized otherwise the Nets would have never named him head coach, Frank also had a good run in NJ.
    My mistake it was Jordan & Mike O'Koren .. u r absolutely right.
    (what was their offense called? b/c it made Arenas into a max contract player lol).

Byron Scott was Fired after the Nets lose 5 or 6 straight games from the team playing with no effort .. when interim coach Frank took over the Nets went on a 14 or 16 game winning streak .. playing the same exact way they been playing the past 2 seasons under Byron Scott.
    The Nets GM ???, put a stop to Kidd, Kittles, and K-Mart calling all the shots on the team that offseason, because all their wins in 3 seasons were not putting fans in the seats in Meadowland Stadium, so in the 2004 offseason Nets GM ???, rehired interim coach Frank as the headcoach for half the salary of Byron, then traded Kittles to the low-life Clippers, then sign n trade K-Mart to Denver Nuggets, while still having to pay MIA Byron, Mourning, and Mutombo.

Veteran

Pete Carrill's "Princeton Offense". Mike Brown hired Eddie Jordan to implement it in LA and Mike D'Antoni fired Eddie Jordan because he had no use for it.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    There goes kiya guessing and where i have to put him in check again... U said frank folded? I keep tellin u i know my mans career. Kidd didn't even have a single fg in that game 7 so u tell me who folded. Learn your stop makin silly guesses of how u think things are becausr u always wrong with your assessments. We all love kidd but that loss back then,was on him not frank. Frank came in and they went on a tear

There u go again thinking its all about scoring ..
    Game-6 was a must-win at HOME for the Nets.
    Losing game-6 meant the Nets loss the series .. any top-10 coach knew this.
    Coach Larry Brown and Billups had the Pistons pumped-up to the next level after beating the Nets in game-6 in NJ.
    In Game-7 at Detroit Ben Wallace was so pump-up grab 20 rebounds (9 offensive-rebounds).
    And the Nets had Mutombo & Mourning under contract that season lol

Kidd did not become a HOF from his career poor scoring .. assist-leader, triple-double-leader, team-leader, improving teammates performance are all the tangibles that made Jason Kidd a Hall of Famer...

Veteran

Pete Carrill's "Princeton Offense". Mike Brown hired Eddie Jordan to implement it in LA and Mike D'Antoni fired Eddie Jordan because he had no use for it.
    Thanx .. funny how the SSOL is the same exact system as the "Princeton Offense" lol
    Refusing a great assistant like Jordan sounds just like Dantoni, he didnt want coach Thibs on his coaching staff in Phoenix too.

Superstar

There u go again thinking its all about scoring ..
    Game-6 was a must-win at HOME for the Nets.
    Losing game-6 meant the Nets loss the series .. any top-10 coach knew this.
    Coach Larry Brown and Billups had the Pistons pumped-up to the next level after beating the Nets in game-6 in NJ.
    In Game-7 at Detroit Ben Wallace was so pump-up grab 20 rebounds (9 offensive-rebounds).
    And the Nets had Mutombo & Mourning under contract that season lol

Kidd did not become a HOF from his career poor scoring .. assist-leader, triple-double-leader, team-leader, improving teammates performance are all the tangibles that made Jason Kidd a Hall of Famer...
    Yea but he also didn't became a hall of famer by going scoreless in all his games. He dominated games without scoring alot but not scoring alot is different then having an outright bad game at the worst possible time. He averaged15 and 9 and didn't achieve either of those that game. Now I'm not tryna sound like a kidd hater because he's my fave player since he was drafted. Its not all about scoring and i know what kidds intangibles mean more then u, I've seen him play hundreds of games. I'm just proving a point that all your blame is always misplaced. Lawrence frank didn't choke kidd did and he was the leader so it starts with him. Granted hes the reason they were even there in the first place. After they traded for wallace and ended up down 2-1 it should have been over. And 0 for 8 won't cut it and he would admit that. Funny how u place the stars blame on the coach to add to your point to bigup kidd but u do the opposite in melos case and put all the blame on him. By the same logic if melo is to blame for our failures shouldn't kidd have been to blame for the nets losing to the pistons. it can't be both ways. Its always the stars fault even when its not because when things go right the stars get the praise...

Veteran

Now I'm reading that JKidd is now the leading candidate for the HC job of the Nets. WTF, with guys like Lionel Hollins, Nate McMillan, Karl, Shaw, Larry Brown and even Lawrence Frank looking for a HC job he becomes the Nets top candidate . After dumping AJ and PJ to hire a guy that stopped being an active player just last week is unbelievable.

in other news, ewing is an assistant coach for the bobcats...i think one thing that brings ewing down is that he cant speak for ****, watched him on the post game a couple times, and each time the convo stalled like a truck hitting a brick wall, he needs alot of time to speak whats on his mind

Now I'm reading that JKidd is now the leading candidate for the HC job of the Nets. WTF, with guys like Lionel Hollins, Nate McMillan, Karl, Shaw, Larry Brown and even Lawrence Frank looking for a HC job he becomes the Nets top candidate . After dumping AJ and PJ to hire a guy that stopped being an active player just last week is unbelievable.
    My feelings exactly!

I was just on a Nets website getting a gauge for how they are feeling about this possible move (trolling) and they all keep using the example of Larry Bird doing so well as a great player who took over as a coach and did not have any coaching experience.

Yet what is not mentioned is legends like Magic -and this pains me to say- Isiah Thomas who went into coaching and did not do well.

Isiah was simply an average NBA coach

Magic failed so bad in a half season not even The Lakers wanted him back and they were not in the running for anything but ping pong balls back then!

This is a gimmick move, it will sell some tickets but they will be no better than they were under PJ Carlisimo (however you spell it)

I mean they fire Avery Johnson 2 weeks after winning NBA Coach of The Month, they do not interview George Karl (NBA coach of the year) but hire a guy who was playing basketball just 3 weeks ago and has never coached!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Mark Jackson is successful so far with Golden State...so you post is really meaningless.

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    in other news, ewing is an assistant coach for the bobcats...i think one thing that brings ewing down is that he cant speak for ****, watched him on the post game a couple times, and each time the convo stalled like a truck hitting a brick wall, he needs alot of time to speak whats on his mind
    That just showed broadcasting isn't as easy as it might look.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Mark Jackson is successful so far with Golden State...so you post is really meaningless.
    Meaningless because you have such a crush on Kidd that you saw what you thought was a negative post about him and replied without thought

what I was saying was that Nets fans are considering this a great move because Kidd is an NBA legend (he is 1 of the top 3 PG's ever in my opinion) yet an NBA Legend does not equate to a great coach, Bird and Mark Jackson are two examples of it working but I brought up two examples of failures (and there are more failure than successes if I were to list)

Kidd may make a great coach but with a team with that much invested in cap and that high of expectations hiring a guy who never coached before is dumb especially when the coaches crop is as strong as I've ever seen entering an Off season

Also Mark Jackson did not have a great rookie season coaching he had to learn the ropes and he did indeed learn them and is now an up and coming coach but he had the luxury of having a year to learn, will The Nets give Kidd that?

Veteran

Not that it matters but Mark Jackson and Larry Bird were both retired for 5 years or more before their head coaching opportunity came knocking. Larry got the opportunity because he was an Indiana legend and Mark interviewed for quite a few jobs before landing the GS job.

Word is the Nets are offering him a 3 year deal so unless Brian Shaw pulls a rabbit out of his hat with his interview with Billy King I think you can expect JKidd to be the new Nets coach next week.

Veteran

It's done. Brian Shaw whiffed, good luck Jason Kidd the new head coach of the Brooklyn Nets.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has reached an agreement in principle to become the coach of the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
    Jason Kidd is returning to the Nets after playing for them from 2001-08. (AP)A formal announcement is expected soon and a news conference to introduce Kidd in Brooklyn will likely happen before the end of the week. Kidd's contract is expected to be guaranteed for three seasons with a possible fourth-year team option, league sources said.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and onto the bench this season. It's a daring move for the Nets that promises to energize their fan base. Kidd is a revered figure in the franchise's wayward history, and the revelation of his candidacy has inspired the public's enthusiasm.
    Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov and general manager Billy King have been [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], pursuing the kind of high-profile – if risky and unorthodox – hiring that they had sought throughout the search process. The success of Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson has served as a blueprint for how the Nets think Kidd can grow into the job.
    The Nets missed on traditional coaching stars Phil Jackson and Doc Rivers and ultimately landed on a superstar player whom they project will evolve into a good coach.
    King met with another finalist, Indiana Pacers associate head coach Brian Shaw, for 4 hours on Wednesday in New York. Once that meeting had ended, the Nets moved to finalize the agreement with Kidd.
    Kidd is working to secure the services of two key assist coaches – Lawrence Frank and Tim Grgurich – to join his staff. With no coaching experience, Kidd will need to lean heavily on the coaches he hires to surround him.