Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JKidd interested in Nets coaching job

PUTO ...

Honestly, who gives a ****

Superstar

This is the best thing that could've happened to us. I'd rather they hire Kidd than Hollins,Karl,Shaw, or either of the Van Gundy's

Kinda happy for J. Kidd. Wish him the best of luck. Maybe that's why his ball game was done. His mind was on that Nets coaching job....

It wouldn't surprise me if Kidd's there only for PR reasons (kinda like Jay-Z and his "ownership"), a Nets legend willing to coach a team with huge identification struggles. Besides, Kidd just lost $6M, so any option to even up his accounts was a blessing. Still, I wish him all the best, he did some good job for the Knicks and it was fun watching him in a Knicks uniform.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Yea but he also didn't became a hall of famer by going scoreless in all his games. He dominated games without scoring alot but not scoring alot is different then having an outright bad game at the worst possible time. He averaged15 and 9 and didn't achieve either of those that game. Now I'm not tryna sound like a kidd hater because he's my fave player since he was drafted. Its not all about scoring and i know what kidds intangibles mean more then u, I've seen him play hundreds of games. I'm just proving a point that all your blame is always misplaced. Lawrence frank didn't choke kidd did and he was the leader so it starts with him. Granted hes the reason they were even there in the first place. After they traded for wallace and ended up down 2-1 it should have been over. And 0 for 8 won't cut it and he would admit that. Funny how u place the stars blame on the coach to add to your point to bigup kidd but u do the opposite in melos case and put all the blame on him. By the same logic if melo is to blame for our failures shouldn't kidd have been to blame for the nets losing to the pistons. it can't be both ways. Its always the stars fault even when its not because when things go right the stars get the praise...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I Blame Melo b/c Melo has never been a "TEAM-PLAYER" in Syracuse or the NBA.
    I Blame Kidd & Martin for the Nets destruction in the 2003-4 season .. The Nets started the 2003-4 season with a championship-roster to win it all .. Mourning, Mutombo, Collins, K-Mart, Jefferson, Kittles, Kidd, Armstrong, and Harris.
    In the 2003 offseason the Nets sign Alonzo Mourning who only signed to play again with his ole Georgetown teammate Mutombo, plus Jason Kidd received a 6 yr Max contract from the Nets in the 2003 offseason, with a verbal agreement in negotiation that the Nets were going to resign Kenyon Martin in the 2004 offseason.
    Kidd & Martin's power in the Nets organization got rid of Mutombo, Mourning, and HC Byron Scott before the 2003-4 midseason.
    Coach Lawrence Frank were clueless of being a HC then, and still is clueless of being a HC in the 2012-13 season with the Detroit Pistons. Lawrence Frank equal Dantoni the third coach on the staff.

Hiring Jason Kidd 3 weeks before the 2013 Draft night ....
    This gives Jason Kidd the chance to select his own coaching-staff (Rasheed & Kurt Thomas for bigmen, plus a coach for the guards ???).
    Kidd will get the Nets organization to select a top SF & top combo-guard in the 2013 draft, plus sign one or two old-head FA (Marion & K-Mart).
    Dont sleep on Jason Kidd tutoring PG-Deron Williams on how to work the Nets bigmen "Lopez, resign-Blatch, and Evans" into winning the Atlantic Division Title in the 2013-14 season.
    The Nets did not lack team-chemistry on defense like we did this season.
    The Nets lack team-chemistry, and ball-movement on offense like we did.
    Easy coaching job for Kidd...

I just have one of those feelings that Jason Kidd is going to surprise everyone and be as good as Tom Thibodeau and Doc Rivers.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - live

Veteran

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    in other news, ewing is an assistant coach for the bobcats...i think one thing that brings ewing down is that he cant speak for ****, watched him on the post game a couple times, and each time the convo stalled like a truck hitting a brick wall, he needs alot of time to speak whats on his mind
    Important part of being a coach is the ability to communicate and have presence, I said that about Woody and Patrick. Woody has a presence that Pat doesn't, that's hurt him being the quiet type. Never thought of JKidd having the same kind of presence that say a Pops or JVG have, seems like a nice guy so I wonder if he has that toughness that Pop and JVG have to get into a players face.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Important part of being a coach is the ability to communicate and have presence, I said that about Woody and Patrick. Woody has a presence that Pat doesn't, that's hurt him being the quiet type. Never thought of JKidd having the same kind of presence that say a Pops or JVG have, seems like a nice guy so I wonder if he has that toughness that Pop and JVG have to get into a players face.

Considering it was less then a year ago when Kidd got his DUI its a great lesson for kids.........