I'm questioning Mike Breen's loyalty and professionalism

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
For a national broadcaster, and as a journalist Mike Breen is supposed to be impartial and he does a fairly good job of that usually, even during Knicks games. But when he's doing Heat games I can sense his excitement over the Heat winning. As the national broadcaster he's supposed to be impartial to all parties involved, this upsets me because I am a journalism student and know the Do's/and Don'ts of journalism and broadcasting. Not only that but he's employed by the Knicks, it's not a good look Mike.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
i agree, he may think hes speaking fairly, but his tone for the heat just hits sky high

ginobli with the reverse layup, o m g, what a great shot
but wait!!!! lebron dunks it, AMAZING!!!!!

Rob Low

Rotation player
I feel like he unfairly bashes the Knicks when they play on national tv. He drove me crazy in that playoff series against the Heat last year. Good thing Van Gundy was there to call him out on his ****

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It wouldn't suprise me if he's only following management instructions... you know, the Heat, LeBron, more website hits, lots of buzz and so forth...

New New York

Quiet Storm
Breen does his job very well!

Breen is a New York guy and Bleeds Orange and Blue, yet when Boston mounted a 26 pt comeback against us he was animated, not because he secretly hates The Knicks but because that is his job!

That is actually a measure of professionalism.

Plus I love that our commentators are not Yes Men (pun intended) and they will call it like they see it, they do not play up our success like other commentators do, they are realistic about our chances and they are just real.

I like that Knick broadcasters are so respected that the NBA hires them to call National games.

Breen is clean man! He hates Miami at heart but knows what he has to do to pay the bills, I respect that.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Breen is a New York guy and Bleeds Orange and Blue, yet when Boston mounted a 26 pt comeback against us he was animated, not because he secretly hates The Knicks but because that is his job!

Plus I love that our commentators are not Yes Men (pun intended) and they will call it like they see it, they do not play up our success like other commentators do, they are realistic about our chances and they are just real.

I like that Knick broadcasters are so respected that the NBA hires them to call National games.

Breen is clean man! He hates Miami at heart but knows what he has to do to pay the bills, I respect that.
Good post. In the 2011-2012 season he was a little bit too much on MSG, criticizing J.R. too much, but now he does a much better job, and his criticisms are much more understandable.

I think us hating the Heat just makes it look like he favors them too lol.

knicksince 93

Rotation player

I thought it was just me with the yes men.... I love that our commentators will say negative things about the knicks if its true

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

JoeBo21

Benchwarmer

+1 good post.

I don't care who you root for, that was probably the best game of the year and Breen called it very well. the last 30 seconds of regulation was insane.. what do you expect Breen to just sit there half asleep? "oh look at that, Ray Allen hit a 3.. guess we're tied.. how cool"

doesn't get any better than game 7.. Go Spurs!

bigapple

Starter
to many crybabies bout Breen ESPN is airing western conference and Breen aired just 1st game Knicks & Celtics.

Finals are also on ESPN/ABC what if Knicks will b in heat situation and just earned title Breen fur sure would be same