Do you BELIEVE in our team?

platnumn

Benchwarmer
This is not a troll post. This is coming from a very conflicted fan who knows he won't get any reassurance, so this thread is just for conversation, be it optimism or pessimism.

The question is simple: Do you BELIEVE in our team?

Call me crazy, call me a Knick fan....but I believed there was a semblance of hope that the Knicks could make big moves to acquire CP3. There was a shade of writing on the wall, and even though I knew the chance was slimmer than slim, the door has all but shut now that Doc Rivers is moving to the Clips (HALLELUJAH ATLANTIC DIVISION!!....although with our luck, Celtics will land lottery pick Wiggins next year and we'll all groan).

Anyway, with all the talk of:
  • CP3 completely off the table
  • JR Smith opting out and may be pursued by the Suns
  • Copeland turning down his QO and may be offered Novak-money by the Pelicans
  • Prigioni not a lock to return

.....how do you feel about our position? I feel like ****.

Even if all these players return, and the Knicks draft a big man who can rebound, defend, and maybe put the ball in the hoop a couple times, I am still worried about our outlook ahead.
  • The Pacers somehow get to pick before us in the draft, which just blows
  • Chi-town gets D-Rose back
  • Miami will add a big man and get even stronger
  • The Nets are a HUGE wildcard with Kidd at the coach.....and they will be even MORE prepared when they play the Knicks
  • Atlanta has the opportunity to get either very good or even worse this offseason with all the cap room they have.

Anyway my point is that with the exception of the Celtics, the East is only getting better. And with the Knicks alleged intentions of making minimal moves, it doesn't look like we are going to get better through acquisitions...it has to come from within.

There are too many question marks for me to remain an optimist:
  • Who will backup RayRay.....Can RayRay even win a championship at this level?
  • Can Shump stay healthy.....will he continue to improve and make smarter decisions?
  • Can Tyson develop a post game or jump-shot this late in his career? (we've all seen his jumpshot, it's money sometimes!)
  • Will Melo ever be anything more than what he is....a scorer (and damn good rebounder)?
  • Will JR Smith ever be consistent?
  • Will Woodson stop being out-coached in playoff games?
  • Will the Knicks acquire some god-damn YOUTH so we can stay relatively healthy?!
  • ...and the $1Million question....AMAR'E STOUDEMIRE.....What can YOU do for us NOW?

I dunno if this post is a rant, a question, or what? But I do know that with our roster, I'm concerned. I'm concerned about health, consistency, age, and schemes. These are not concerns for championship contenders.

I'll tell you what I do believe in however. I believe in #KNICKSTAPE....That is, the collective mindset of our group. The ****iness and swagger that is NYC basketball. The heart and soul of Orange and Blue pride. The belief that we can and will win. Sometimes that's all you need, is to believe....damn the rest.

That's all I have to say. I love Copeland and hope we can retain him. But I'm not sure about JR Smith. JR has developed into a MONSTER of a defender, but despite all the greatness he gives us, he takes it all away with bad shot after bad shot. It will never change, EVER.....and that's the truth. God bless and looking forward to the DRAFT!!

Peejay88

Rookie
It's tough to be optimistic as a Knicks fan. The last 30 or 40 years are reason enough for that! Using last year as an example, I thought Jeremy Lin would still be on this team last year so when he left I was a bit disappointed but Grunny turned a negative into a positive and we ended up with the best roster we've had for a good few years. So I'm weirdly optimistic, I don't doubt out ability to make moves on a tight budget. Hopefully we can draft well and our free agents will buy into our team ethos and remain here. Then we've just gotta worry about if Woodson can get them singing from the same hymn sheet and hope that injuries are at a minimum as they've been a massive drain on us the last couple years. On a side note, does anyone know if Baron Davis has a shot at returning? He tweeted Roy Hibbert a couple of days a go to say he's trying to get back

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I believe in them! If the championship winners and runner up are the barometer then I believe. We were 5 and 1 against them, I don't think that was a fluke. I believe our very slow (but very effective and efficient) offense. I believe our match up against those teams that thrive off of turnovers and missed shots... well we don't do either. I believe a healthy melo would have single handedly beat the pacers on his own. A hurt melo fought hard in game 6 and lost by little. I believe in Feltons matchup vs the heat pg's. I believe in shumpert and melo most of all. I believe in another year of gelling continued with d wades regression puts us right there with the heat.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Thanks for the insightful optimism guys, you definitely made me feel better.

I know we'll get better this offseason but I think the fact that everyone is talking about what the Knicks CAN'T do and the players the Knicks may LOSE to other teams is overshadowing what they CAN do.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Thanks for the insightful optimism guys, you definitely made me feel better.

I know we'll get better this offseason but I think the fact that everyone is talking about what the Knicks CAN'T do and the players the Knicks may LOSE to other teams is overshadowing what they CAN do.

Guys like cope and novak are easily replaceable in our offense if we lose them we'll replace them. Because good teams make bums average and average players good. Melo gets so much attention shots will be available to whoever is on the court... as long as we have melo, shump Felton and jr we're good. However if jr continues to be our second best player we're in trouble. T.c. has to be more valuable then jr and shump as well. Maybe even amare. Jr Smith being a teams 4th most important player is good for a championship

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

bigapple

Starter
nothing is last forever $tern will leave this league

Pacers can swap places with heat they will not keep their big 3 for years + wade is over 30

boston looks like will be goin to complete rebuild just like miami started from 2003

and this will b last year with do or leave for STAT in this city.

and i dont wana MELO to b scoring chamion anymore

i want more passes from him

if this team could win 50+ so that means this is finally playoff team

i also still think that this team is also east conf finals team.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I will root for this team even if they were to go winless. You cant question I'm a fan.

But do I believe we can win a title?....no.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
As much as the Knicks need healthy youth, they need healthy veterans. Losing Kurt Thomas and Kidd not being able to play where the Knicks needed him to in the Playoffs was a big blow. Sheed also could have been big, and Camby...well I have no idea what happened there. Was he hurt? Did Woodson make a big mistake in not playing him?

Having youth isn't gonna do anything for winning championship if they don't bring it. Find me a young guy to add to this roster that can do what those veterans did/can do.

Shump is going to be amazing next season, hopefully Copeland stays on the team. I would fight hard to keep him.