Shump: Knicks can win 60 games next year

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Iman Shumpert has high hopes for the Knicks next season.

"Hopefully we can win 60 [games] next year," Shumpert said Tuesday at his second annual Teaches Hoops youth camp. "We just want to build on what we already have. We got out of the first round; now we've just got to build [on that]."

Shumpert will play with the Knicks' summer league team in Las Vegas in July. He's expected to see some time at lead guard over the summer. In anticipation of that, Shumpert said, he's been working on his ballhandling.

"I'm working on getting my handle tighter and making decisions quicker," Shumpert said.

There's an inherent risk in Shumpert playing in the summer league because he tore his ACL in May 2012. That's not a concern for Shumpert, though.

"You can't go out there always thinking you're going to get hurt," he said.

Shumpert showed plenty of potential on offense late in the season. He averaged 9.3 points per game in the playoffs for the Knicks and poured in 19 points in Game 6 against Indiana.

If free agent J.R. Smith signs with another team, Shumpert believes he can fill the void as the Knicks' secondary scorer next season.

"I think I can. I've always accepted all challenges. I would just take that as another challenge," Shumpert said.
Ian Begley | ESPNNewYork.com

metrocard

Legend
It's possible if....

Melo goes back to SF
Amar'e elevates his rebounding game, shot blocking and mid range jumpshot.
Tyson Chandler goes back to protecting the rim and boxing out Roy Hibbert.
Shumpert elevates his confidence and consistency and becomes a 15-17 ppg scorer 3-4 assist man. We know his defense is A level.
Prigioni gains Woodson's trust and gets 28+ minutes per game. He can become Jose Calderon with defense.
Novak earns his contract by actually showing up this season.
Kenyon Martin gets 22+ minutes.
The player we draft has a breakthrough rookie season and gets a 20 minute per game role...with a promising future.
Camby makes a comeback.

Woodson's coaching strategies have to change to. Bulls, Pacers and Heat figured us out. We need to change it up and be ready for those teams in the 13-14 season.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It's possible if....

Melo goes back to SF
Amar'e elevates his rebounding game, shot blocking and mid range jumpshot.
Tyson Chandler goes back to protecting the rim and boxing out Roy Hibbert.
Shumpert elevates his confidence and consistency and becomes a 15-17 ppg scorer 3-4 assist man. We know his defense is A level.
Prigioni gains Woodson's trust and gets 28+ minutes per game. He can become Jose Calderon with defense.
Novak earns his contract by actually showing up this season.
Kenyon Martin gets 22+ minutes.
The player we draft has a breakthrough rookie season and gets a 20 minute per game role...with a promising future.
Camby makes a comeback.

Woodson's coaching strategies have to change to. Bulls, Pacers and Heat figured us out. We need to change it up and be ready for those teams in the 13-14 season.
I like this post because all of this is realistic. This is a good way to sell somebody on your team's potential. It's not somebody saying "If Amar'e can be a great all-around defender...". We've seen Amar'e be a good shot blocker for a good amount of time, we've seen him have stretches of being a great shooter outside the paint, we've seen him be a good rebounder.

bigapple

Starter
dont forget previous season was injury season

sometimes i am thinkin when last time Knicks was fooked up with many injuries that anyone can beat us.

So for now no Kidd i dont know bout Thomas no Wallace so more time for COPE & Pabs and JR.