Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jr Smith resigns with the New York Knicks........oh boy

Breaking News Jr Smith resigns with the New York Knicks........oh boy

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Seems the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] provided JR Smith with that Josh Hamilton ... [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is coming back!!! Welcome back to NY JR
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] **BREAKING NBA NEWS** Knicks [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has agreed to come back [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] prices just went up [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Free agent guard J.R. Smith is nearing an agreement to re-sign with the New York Knicks, league sources tell Y! Sports.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Knicks, Smith are still finalizing years and options in deal, league sources tells Y!

Not a fan of this move, not a fan at all.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I get home from work and I come log on to read this crap.

Ugh.

JR Smith better come with the right attitude this season.

This dude clowns around too much and doesn't show up when we need him.

Making game winning shots against lottery teams isn't what we need.

Veteran

I guess Kiyaman and the rest of you guys were right. There were no better offers out there for JR.

Wonder if he'll opt for the early bird rights deal or sign a 1 year deal to get a bigger payday when the Knicks have his bird rights.

If the terms are right then I'm cool

as long as there is a team option for the 3rd year I'm cool

we can't get into a situation where we have an immovable player on a long term deal

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

I'm actually excited to have him back. Legit scorers are hard to come by in the NBA especially off the bench for that matter. Yes he faltered in the playoffs but so did everyone not named melo( most of the playoffs ), shumpert ( the future ), martin and felton ( yes you read it right ). Everyone else played like ass. As a unit we didn't play at our normal capacity. We have things to improve on and everyone should be accountable JR needs to come back driven and ready to work. Get some of shumperts ethic and heart hopefully

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Felton/?/?
    Shumpert/JR/Hardaway
    Melo/??
    STAT/Bargnani/??
    Chandler/??/??

1st round exit.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Felton/?/?
    Shumpert/JR/Hardaway
    Melo/??
    STAT/Bargnani/??
    Chandler/??/??

1st round exit.
    Well if we don't sign anymore players and head to camp with just the 7 players you listed then we'll get knocked out early

but I'm sure we'll have more than 7 players on our team next year so the jury is still out!

Why are Knick fans either swearing we are gonna win a title or we suck?

Originally Posted by New New York
    Well if we don't sign anymore players and head to camp with just the 7 players you listed then we'll get knocked out early

but I'm sure we'll have more than 7 players on our team next year so the jury is still out!

Why are Knick fans either swearing we are gonna win a title or we suck?
    We've got no $$$, whoever we pick up for vet min isnt going to save us.

Veteran

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    I'm actually excited to have him back. Legit scorers are hard to come by in the NBA especially off the bench for that matter. Yes he faltered in the playoffs but so did everyone not named melo( most of the playoffs ), shumpert ( the future ), martin and felton ( yes you read it right ). Everyone else played like ass. As a unit we didn't play at our normal capacity. We have things to improve on and everyone should be accountable JR needs to come back driven and ready to work. Get some of shumperts ethic and heart hopefully

Going clubbing in the playoffs was a no-no, bonehead move by him because the first thing people think if you have a sub-par performance is you weren't drinking coca-cola all night.

Just yesterday the Knicks were thinking the market was going to be too rich to sign him after KMart's and Redick's deals, Chase Budinger got a 16M/3yr deal and only played 24 games so I think you have to be happy with getting a 19ppg scorer for what we're paying him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Father: J.R. could sign with Knicks Friday, but still seeking other offers [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hold our horses here, it's probably no doubt he'll be a Knick. BUT it's not over.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Going clubbing in the playoffs was a no-no, bonehead move by him because the first thing people think if you have a sub-par performance is you weren't drinking coca-cola all night.

Just yesterday the Knicks were thinking the market was going to be too rich to sign him after KMart's and Redick's deals, Chase Budinger got a 16M/3yr deal and only played 24 games so I think you have to be happy with getting a 19ppg scorer for what we're paying him.
    we are getting because like last year nobody else wants him. No other offers came in because jr is not a winner. Now we have 4 more years of woody kissing his ass .

told u !!! No offers.
    So please nobody say he stayed with ny for less money or we got a bargain. It's called market value

Originally Posted by skisloper
    we are getting because like last year nobody else wants him. No other offers came in because jr is not a winner. Now we have 4 more years of woody kissing his ass .

told u !!! No offers.
    So please nobody say he stayed with ny for less money or we got a bargain. It's called market value
    While I agree, calm down lol, he hasnt signed anything yet. When Dwight signs, JR will get more offers and he will review them.

And to the 4 years of Woody kissing his ass...If Mike Woodson is our head coach for the next 4 years then stop thinking about success.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

I could name 25 other NBA players that went clubbing. I'm not excusing it but its the lifestyle these players live. To place it solely on the player is warranted. However, some of it has to be on the coach as well. You gotta keep the players focused on what the big picture is and I always felt woody was hard on Jr but he was also a little lenient with other things.

I have no problem with him signing, i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt....besides who else could we have gotten who's actually better then JR

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    I have no problem with him signing, i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt....besides who else could we have gotten who's actually better then JR
    U mean who else could we get to shoot 18 times a night , dribble for 20 seconds and then play no defense ?

And to the dude who says many players club are u kidding ? It's the playoffs and he was just suspended.
    Jr is a dumbass