Is there ANY good reason to trade Chandler?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I understand people's frustrations with him, and even if it was mainly due to him being sick and being injured, I'd take my chances on a guy who's sick and can play through injury versus a guy who can't play a lot every/almost every season and wasn't ever DPOY. While Camby might still be able to play great, he's 39 and has been injured and not been able to play a lot of his career. Kenyon Martin is great, but I don't feel safe with him as our only above average interior defender either because of his past injuries.

I don't know about players in the draft, or about other centers in the NBA's seemingly future ability, but we know what Chandler has done in the recent past, won a championship with his defense and changed the Knicks' defense for the better. Do NOT forget what you want, and that's a championship. You think the Knicks can win just by scoring and perimeter defense? Did you see the Pacers against Chandler and Martin? Chandler wasn't healthy, you think the Knicks can get somebody else to do a better job? The Pacers' big men aren't the only ones the Knicks have to be ready for. Also, they need to defend great slashers.

I'm not saying there's no other alternative to Chandler, but I don't see there being any. Tell me what you think. Besides, would it be that shocking for him to return to form? The team defense has the potential to be good, so if Chandler is healthy, he just needs to not worry about foul trouble as much and scare opponents from coming in the paint.

Hopefully Chandler works with Hakeem. I do think Chandler can be smooth on offense and score a solid amount more.

Last edited:

Peejay88

Rookie
I don't think we can get better by trade or draft this season being realistic. I also believe Tyson will return to full form and fitness this year. Deciding a players worth based solely on one playoff year is a dangerous thing

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
we are going to lose our role players, we are clearly unable to make any moves...

if the right offer comes along, management has to weigh the options and unfortunately for this team to acquire another true scorer on the outs of losing J.R. & Copeland...

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm tired of people giving TC a pass by saying he wasn't healthy. All he needed to do was rebound and prevent easy baskets. I'm not letting him off the hook that easily because if you're a former DPOY then you shouldn't need to ask for help in the paint. He sucked plain and simple. I'm a TC fan but I also realize that for the money he's getting paid versus his talent level, you can get two good role players and a big man on the cheap who gives maximum effort every night.

Peejay88

Rookie
I'm tired of people giving TC a pass by saying he wasn't healthy. All he needed to do was rebound and prevent easy baskets. I'm not letting him off the hook that easily because if you're a former DPOY then you shouldn't need to ask for help in the paint. He sucked plain and simple. I'm a TC fan but I also realize that for the money he's getting paid versus his talent level, you can get two good role players and a big man on the cheap who gives maximum effort every night.
Tyson did give 100% effort but after a massive dose of the flu and with a bulging disk in his neck he was severely limited. I want to see a move we could make trade-wise that would tempt me In to shipping Chandler rather than just speculation

knicksince 93

Rotation player
tyson chandler got horsed and i think his defense is over rated. when does he ever contest shots? rarely he isnt a scorer or great rebounder. we may not be able to find better but he doesnt impact the game and dumping him gives us some wiggle room to acquire people

Rob Low

Rotation player
He's going into his 12th year. He's only gonna get worse. His play had nothing to do with lack of skill. He was playing like he had a uterus out there

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I dont remember what game it was, but there was a PG who straight up raped him in the paint. It pissed me off.

erivera

Benchwarmer
Tyson did give 100% effort but after a massive dose of the flu and with a bulging disk in his neck he was severely limited. I want to see a move we could make trade-wise that would tempt me In to shipping Chandler rather than just speculation

i understand he had a bulging disk, but carmelo anthony played through a torn labrum. i think we all can agree carmelo has a ton more responsibility than chandler in terms of creating offense. i'm not in favor of just dumping him, but if the knicks can get some good players in return then they should do it.

Kiyaman

Legend

Tyson dont need a pass after being the only BIG-man in a small-lineup throughought a 54 WIN season.
Tyson is a Knicks KEEPER!!!

If we trade Tyson to OKC or Clippers, Tyson will be in the FINALS.
Tyson & Ibaka or Tyson & Griffin will OWN the glass.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
no it wasnt Teague. I wanna say it was Reggie Jackson in the 4th quarter of the Thunder game in the Garden.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I started losing faith in Tyson when i saw Thiago Splitter look like Hakeem against him. It was the first time we played them at the beginning of the season in SA and came back to win

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Even though the Knicks won both games, Nikola Peckovic pretty much son'd Tyson in both games.

The way the dude sprints down the court, gets position, seals his man off and just waits -- moves-- goes back and waits, and can finish effectively with both hands off of either block...

I don't wanna make it sound like I'm disrespecting what Tyson means to the team, but I just envision what the offense would look like if the D had to worry about a low post player who has size, strength and a few go-to moves. While that guy can also defend his position on D.

A two-way player at the 5 along with Melo...damn..

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The real question is, is there any good reason to keep him. We did go on that mean winning streak without him.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

metrocard

Legend
He's overrated. He gave us an amazing season when Lin was here. After Lin's departure, Tyson really regressed defensively. Offensively he's a great lob option. Supringingsly hits a jumper out of no where like twice this season.

I don't know how far the Knicks can go depending on Tyson to hold down protecting the rim and being their main rebounding when he has problems staying healthy and he's not even a shot blocker in the first place.

Knicks keeping Tyson is just a big sign they're settling to be a playoff team, not a championship team.
Tyson's best days are long gone.

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Why not put a trade package together with Chandler, Novak and perhaps Felton or future picks to create space to Pick up Al Jefferson or Andrew Bynum, who both can score in the block? For PG we move Shump to PG, or pick up either CP3, DJ Augustine, Mo Williams, Nate Robinson, Jose Calderon via from Free Agency, or trade for Rondo or even Greivis Vasquez

Rob Low

Rotation player
Why not put a trade package together with Chandler, Novak and perhaps Felton or future picks to create space to Pick up Al Jefferson or Andrew Bynum, who both can score in the block? For PG we move Shump to PG, or pick up either CP3, DJ Augustine, Mo Williams, Nate Robinson, Jose Calderon via from Free Agency, or trade for Rondo or even Greivis Vasquez

Why stop there? Why not just add Lebron,Durant and Rose? I mean it's not like we can't just have anyone we want