Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Hardaway Jr.

Bruh I am mad cause we didn't take Jamaal franklin who is better than Tim in about every way possible....

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    We got a reserve SG....
    Can someone hype me up for this pick?

He can quickly pass-off the ball while he dribble, like his pops ....
    Little Tim Hardaway .. WELCOME 2 da Big-Apple!!!

Superstar

but look at our team... we need SHOOTERS who can catch and shoot. its not always about who's better. its making things pieces fit. a shooter is a shooter. it doesnt matter what level you are at. college, overseas, d league, pros. it doesnt matter if u can catch and shoot u can catch and shoot. he can impact our team faster then someone else who is a better player who may need time for his game to adjust. well in our short window we dont have anytime for that. btw i wanted jamaal as well

Hmmm....That's it huh? I'm not mad just not inspired

That's the problem we're still in win now when we should be on that 2015 plan..... Ah well hopefully Knicks get some damn second rounders

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Pricey
    He can be very good if he improves his ball handling and shot selection but the dude can get to the rim as easily as anyone.
    It prob means no more JR either.
    sadly that isn't true.

14% of shots came at the rim
    3.2 FTA per 40 min
    last amongst top 100 SG prospects.

There isn't really anything that Tim does that is special...he has some nice crossovers and good athleticism but he has a lot of holes in his game.

There's nothing wrong with this pick. Hardaway can shoot the ball. He's a good defender and he can get to the basket. I also consider him a high IQ player and he's a good guy.

We need to drop JR like a bad habit. Now that we drafted Hardaway the writing is on the wall. Lates Swish... Go stink it up when it matters for whomever is dumb enough to give you your next contract.

Now we have another Jr, one I can really be a fan of.

Superstar

why? so when 2015 comes we get on the 2017 plan

I told dad around pic 7 or something that I would love to see my knicks draft tim Hardaway Jr just to see how his father reacts.He wasn't there and even thow im sure he is proud of his son it is killing him that his son is now a KNICK LOL.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    There's nothing wrong with this pick. Hardaway can shoot the ball. He's a good defender and he can get to the basket. I also consider him a high IQ player and he's a good guy.

We need to drop JR like a bad habit. Now that we drafted Hardaway the writing is on the wall. Lates Swish... Go stink it up when it matters for whomever is dumb enough to give you your next contract.

Man he is a D leaguer at his core.... he might be smart but the knicks need players and everyone here talking trash about JR are just emotionally motivated. Knicks are going from a 54 win team back to a 47 win team.... I am a stat's guy. Iman was 10.6 RSB40 and 3.3 S40 in college and was rightfully underrated. Bum Hardaway Jr has never scored over 20 P40 or posted an RSB40 over 7.0. His S40 has been below 1.0. He is a significantly inferior player to Iman and the only draft pick the knicks will have until 2015. Bruh's Grunwald f*cked up and used the pick on a good character player.... He's not JR he will likely take the role Ronnie Brewer had (half decent defense and the 3 shot) on the team.

F*cking only good thing about this draft is the Nyets set themselves up to suck more than us in the upcoming years....

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    why? so when 2015 comes we get on the 2017 plan
    At least that would imply the knicks had a plan at this point and some room to do it. Knicks are becoming the Neohawks and likely will be second round bound at least until 2015.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Man he is a D leaguer at his core.... he might be smart but the knicks need players and everyone here talking trash about JR are just emotionally motivated. Knicks are going from a 54 win team back to a 47 win team.... I am a stat's guy. Iman was 10.6 RSB40 and 3.3 S40 in college and was rightfully underrated. Bum Hardaway Jr has never scored over 20 P40 or posted an RSB40 over 7.0. His S40 has been below 1.0. He is a significantly inferior player to Iman and the only draft pick the knicks will have until 2015. Bruh's Grunwald f*cked up and used the pick on a good character player.... F*cking only good thing about this draft is the Nyets set themselves up to suck more than us in the upcoming years.....
    Yea but Iman had the ball in his hands alot more in college. Hardaway played next to a ball dominating PG in Burke. He could not have the same type of impact as Iman.

Yea but Iman had the ball in his hands alot more in college. Hardaway played next to a ball dominating PG in Burke. He could not have the same type of impact as Iman.
    Man that is going to be the justification alongside him doing well in the combine and you might be right.... but I'm telling ya'll he isn't a JR replacement and their are tons of signs he isn't going to contribute at a high level at all.... He's just a last name right now

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Disagree.
    No evidence that proves Tim is a good defender. He gets beat one on one, especially against slashers and he doesn't close out against 3pt shooters. Dude is 100% crap defensive.

His shooting isn't even that great.

42% FG 36% 3pt 75% FT
    41% FG 28% 3pt 71% FT
    43% FG 37% 3pt 69% FT

He has no mid range game or no slashing game and his 3pt game isn't that strong enough for him to be a threat...He can develop things as he grows but Hardaway wasn't a need.

Shumpert can fill the void that is JR Smith by playing 10-12 extra minutes and play 34 minutes per game. We didn't need a SG that desperately...

if we did, Ledo would of been a superior option. By far.

good pick up

will bring a very nice flow to our team