Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 122

Thread: Tim Hardaway Jr.

  1. #91
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    In no way can amare play C.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #92
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Theres no proof to this. What intangibles? Guy has a good turnover to assist ratio. Other than that, his has weak shot selection...he doesn't hit the glass and athleticism doesn't translate into his rebounding or defense. He's strictly a low efficiency scorer.

    Tim Hardaway isn't consistent and if you followed his career, he disappears and reappears. You act like he's Carmelo Anthony freshman year in Syracuse. Stop writing generic hype adjectives to hype up a prospect you don't know anything about.

    I bet you Tim Hardaway Jr. doesn't average 10 points per game this season...so stop hyping him up like he's going to. You look foolish.
    Not close to looking foolish. You say the most outlandish crap and are proven wrong many times over and go on acting as if you have a clue. We'll see.. Again, his tangibles are that he's a good shooter w range and that he's got good physical tools as a SG. He also has good experience having played in big games. All of this points to why he was drafted by a pretty good GM higher than the guys you say we should've taken.

  3. #93
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Not close to looking foolish. You say the most outlandish crap and are proven wrong many times over and go on acting as if you have a clue. We'll see.. Again, his tangibles are that he's a good shooter w range and that he's got good physical tools as a SG. He also has good experience having played in big games. All of this points to why he was drafted by a pretty good GM higher than the guys you say we should've taken.
    Even when I'm wrong, I'm right and I'm more right than I'm wrong at a higher percentage than you...how many bold predictions you made here that came true? zero. You're the same dickhead who thought we could win a NBA finals with a 37 year old Steve Nash at PG. You're as dumb as a 13 year old teenage Heat fan.

    If I say something out landish, it could be joking or trolling just like when I was sporting the Bobcats. (Big Kemba Walker and Bismack Biyombo fan)

    You don't even know what intangibles are...good shooter? Man, you're an idiot. Hustle, heart, and intensity which can make an average player good and a good player great...you haven't said a damn thing or showed any evidence Hardaway will bring this to the Knicks. If you got no evidence or facts, then shut your ass up.

    A guy like Chuck Hayes, Kurt Thomas, Kawhi Leonard, Andrei Kirilenko possess intangibles.

    Tim Hardaway is a streaky ass poor man's version of Allan Houston.

    Theres a lot of college players who were preformed big in important NCAA games but did nothing significant in the NBA, your point holds no value.

  4. #94
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Even when I'm wrong, I'm right and I'm more right than I'm wrong at a higher percentage than you...how many bold predictions you made here that came true? zero. You're the same dickhead who thought we could win a NBA finals with a 37 year old Steve Nash at PG. You're as dumb as a 13 year old teenage Heat fan.

    If I say something out landish, it could be joking or trolling just like when I was sporting the Bobcats. (Big Kemba Walker and Bismack Biyombo fan)

    You don't even know what intangibles are...good shooter? Man, you're an idiot. Hustle, heart, and intensity which can make an average player good and a good player great...you haven't said a damn thing or showed any evidence Hardaway will bring this to the Knicks. If you got no evidence or facts, then shut your ass up.

    A guy like Chuck Hayes, Kurt Thomas, Kawhi Leonard, Andrei Kirilenko possess intangibles.

    Tim Hardaway is a streaky ass poor man's version of Allan Houston.

    Theres a lot of college players who were preformed big in important NCAA games but did nothing significant in the NBA, your point holds no value.
    Read the bolded again and tell me you're not an idiot. Then I'll maybe start to think about giving you a shred of credit.

    You're right though I tend to not make predictions. When i do i make it point to hedge some. You'll learn that at some point, prb not

  5. #95
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    And just to be fair.. I challenge you to look thru this thread I started re Nash and tell me where I said anything bout needing him to help us get to the 'finals' or post where I said it somewhere else.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Good luck w that Mr " Melo is the new Glenn Robinson" lol. You are an idiota.

  6. #96
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    DJ Augustin shot 43% from 3pt his rookie season and average about 12 points and 4 assist off the bench and made Raymond Felton expendable in Charlotte when DJ won the starting job in 2011. You act like he's a bad player when he had one bad season under the Pacers an entirely new system and coach in comparison with the Bobcats. Augustin is solid as f*ck. 15 ppg 6 asp per 36 type player. Definately, he's not strong, but he got 3pt range, speed and passing skills. He hasn't even entered his prime yet, he will improve. He already put up numbers that Tim Hardaway Jr. will never dream about putting him, so as you d.ckride Timmy, you look foolish bringing up a superior player.

    You're making yourself look really dumb right now.
    Kawhi Leonard averaged 12 and 9 in the Mountain West....so because he didn't play in the Big Ten stopped him from being a force at SF? Leonard is one of the best young SF's in the world today and he didn't need to play in the Big Ten. The conference didn't make him, he brought intangibles and skills to the table such as rebounding, hustling, and bring a level of energy on defense and offense that makes him a two way player.

    Most picks in the 20s are worthless? you're 100% wrong again.

    Check out the guys that were picked in the 20s the last 10 years.

    2011: #22 Kenneth Faried, #24 Reggie Jackson #25 Marshon Brooks #28 Norris Cole #30 Jimmy Butler even the #19 pick was Tobias Harris and #18 was Iman Shumpert

    2010: #23 Trevor Booker, #27 Jordan Crawford #28 Greveis Vazquez #18 Eric Bledsoe #19 Avery Bradley

    2009: #21 Darren Collison, #23 Omri Casspi, #25 Rodrigue Beaubois #26 Taj Gibson #29 Toney Douglas Jrue Holiday, Lawson and Teague were picked 3 picks before 20.

    2008: #21 Ryan Anderson #22 Courtney Lee #23 Kosta Koufus, 24# Serge Ibaka, #25 Nicolas Batum, #26 George Hill, #27 Darrell Arthur

    2007: #22 Jared Dudley #23 Wilson Chandler #24 Rudy Fernandez #26 Aaron Brooks #27 Arron Affalo #28 Tiago Splitter

    2006: #21 Rajon Rondo #24 Kyle Lowry #25 Shannon Brown

    2005: #21 Nate Robinson, #22 Jarrett Jack, #23 Francisco Garcia, #26 Jason Maxiell, #27 Linas Kleiza, #28 Ian Mahinimi, #30 David Lee

    2004: #20 Jameer Nelson, #24 Delonte West, #25 Tony Allen, #26 Kevin Martin, #28 Beno Udrih

    2003: #21 Boris Diaw, #25 Carlos Delfino, #27 Kendrick Perkins, #28 Leandro Barbosa, #29 Josh Howard

    you couldn't be more wrong. A lot of quality starters and reserve players come from the 18-30s.

    Expecting less is a loser mentality, you've had too much Isiah Thomas era corrupt your mind. We don't need to settle for low quality picks. Theres always a worthy player in the 20s.

    My choice would of been Tony Mitchell to move Melo back to SF, not Franklin. Franklin is a better player than Hardaway but we don't need another guard. I rather the Knicks sign Delfino, Allen or Garcia to replace JR Smith. We already got our young SG in Shumpert. Hardaway won't develop playing behind Shump.

    Dude, throughout this thread you've proven to be a dumbass who doesn't research his stuff and goes by what you are feeling or which ever player gives you the biggest boner, you probably think Tim has a cute goatee. You would make the Knicks a worse team than the Bobcats if you were GM. Atleast I back up my opinion with logic and facts, whether my prediction turns out to be right or wrong I always put up a strong argument and you can never take that away from me. You need to do your research and stop posting crap.

    Originally Posted by mafra
    You started a thread yourself after the Gallo draft handing out grades. You wrote that you liked the pick, but personally had Augustine ranked higher on your board. Lol. Franklin was so highly thought of that he went 17 picks later... 11th in the 2nd round. Averaging 17 and 8 in the Mountain West is akin to averaging 12 and 4 in the big boy 10 conference. I don't love Hardaway nor am I hyping him up... Most picks in the mid 20s are worthless. I just say that we got decent value with our selection, that I believe there will be a roll for him and I understand why he was the choice. Were there better options, I have no doubt someone taken after us found a gem... But I don't see anybody who was light years ahead as the more obvious choice. You still won't commit to ONE player... Be a man... And we can solve this once and forevermore because it will be written in stone on this message board, so we can revisit this to gain clarity in future disagreements. You arent allowed to take the field and come back later and say 'I told you so.' I draft Hardaway... What bout you? Because even if Hardaway sucks, I want to see how your guy pans out. The latest post from you indicates Franklin is your choice. I imagine your sound research is that he will be good bc Leonard is good. Just like how you were hyping Ledo, a prospect Iimagine you never watched even participate in the three man weave drill. We get it... You don't like Hardaway... Fortunately for us Knick fans you don't get paid to make decisions or else Augustine and Randolph would be our dynamic duo.

  7. #97
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Read the bolded again and tell me you're not an idiot. Then I'll maybe start to think about giving you a shred of credit.

    You're right though I tend to not make predictions. When i do i make it point to hedge some. You'll learn that at some point, prb not
    That obviously went over your head.....how old are you? 16? or just some guy in his late 20s who never got to socialize much in life? Man you're dumb.

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    And just to be fair.. I challenge you to look thru this thread I started re Nash and tell me where I said anything bout needing him to help us get to the 'finals' or post where I said it somewhere else.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Good luck w that Mr " Melo is the new Glenn Robinson" lol. You are an idiota.

    Ohhhh "you just f*cked yourself big time cabron" (scarface voice)





    and the cherry on top



    Cliffnotes for those who don't want to read the thread:

    1. Rono wanted to trade Iam Shumpert for Steve Nash. Shumpert was 20 years old at the time and didn't even get his chance as the Knicks youngest player, a two way athlete who can impact the floor defensively and offensively.
    2. Rono wanted Steve Nash over Chris Paul.
    3. Rono believed Nash would help bring the Knicks a championship over the Miami Heat
    4. Rono thought Kwame Brown would be the Knicks defensive enforcer.

    You're a clown, for even challenging me.

    The Melo = Glen Robinson thread was a classic thread. A lot of great arguments from both sides were put up, especially by me since I supported both sides. It's clear I wanted Melo to play at his best and the thread was made towards his play as a 20 ppg scorer playing no defense and shooting 40% FG when he started the 2011-12 season.

    With you, you put up no argument. Your opinions are weak and not valid or backed up by facts/sources.
    For you to challenge me or critique me is comical since you're one of the weakest posters when here when it comes to debates.
    Theres a reason why I win the Tyson award on this forum the last 6-7 years. I'm a beast.

    Understand this, no one is right all the time. We all have our moments when we turn out to be wrong and thats okay. But when you reject to accept it, you look foolish and very small in the male genital area. I accept my moments when I turned out to be wrong and it's a growing process. You're still not developed and you're very stubborn. Grow up and stop denying things like a female.

  8. #98
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm the Dick Grayson of this debate ish. I will investigate and expose anyone who dares challenges me. You guys took a L and anything else you say after this will be meaningless.

  9. #99
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Did I say anything there in that screenshot re needing Nash to get to the finals?? You sir are making things up. You are a liar and you haven't exposed anything.


    Be careful w posting screen shots cause two can play that game. And if you are going to do that at least back up what you said I said re Nash. You always move the goal post. Try to back up what you say.


    1. Trading Iman for Steve Nash at that time was plausible considering the season Nash had just come off of and the fact Shump was still an unknown entity.


    2. I have never said I wanted Nash over CP3. Never ever never lol. You're a liar. I've been the biggest proponent of getting CP3 since I joined the forum and you of all people know that, atleast you should smh.


    3. Already proved this was a lie. Now you say "help us get to the championship". Yes i believed he could've helped us if we still had MDA and Amare and Melo we're healthy. I never said anything re getting to the finals, or helping us get to a championship as you're saying now. Metro, I'm careful not yo say certain things. Don't try to misportray what I've posted. That is what is happening here. I know when to hedge.


    4. Kwame Brown could've been effective in a platoon of bigs. On a team w a good PG and a healthy Amare and Melo he would be useful. He's still young. As we've seen re our bigs youth is necessary if you want to have healthy guys in April.


    Try to spin your Glenn Robinson comparison all you want but it was just dumb. Same w you saying we shouldn't have traded for Melo.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jun 29, 2013 at 16:40.

  10. #100
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Ripping the guy before he has a chance to play is what's bothering me, if there's one thing we learned from years for being around scouting and analysis -- is that numbers do in fact lie. Mike sweetney was considered a better prospect than amare how'd that turn out? The list goes on. And let's face the the chance of us landing a superstar in this draft was slim, but as do the cavs at the no.1 pick. However I do believe we found ourselves a staple in our rotation whether as a starter or an important piece off the bench. Its not the skill alone that makes me feel that, its the traits that he possesses. 1 he's a winner, 2. He put the team first ahead of individual numbers. 3. He's a worker his teammates and coaches all rave about his desire and will and the competitiveness each and every game.

    Isn't that all we can ask for? Again, I don't see him as a superstar or allstar but I do see him becoming an important piece to our puzzle who can score when called upon. I see an Aaron afflalo mold of player.

  11. #101
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You're in denial.
    You said if we get Nash, Knicks win it all, not only go to the finals, but win it all. You're dumb. I exposed you completely and you look even more pathetic in denying it.

    Nash had a cool season, but he was going to turn 37 years old and was on the decline. Next two season he has been battling injuries and aging. Why would Knicks trade their #1 prospect for a rental player? I don't mind trading for Nash, but anyone but Shumpert and Anthony. That's just crazy.

    Well, you opted out for Nash over Paul. If you were a true Paul fan, you would stay dedicated to CP3.

    Don't you think the NBA and every team in the league has figured out Mike D'Antoni? I respect his track record and his success as a coach. Sadly, his style of coaching is no longer effective in the league, I use to be a big D'Antoni supporter and I turned out to be very wrong. I don't think a D'Antoni even with Nash at the time would win a championship. I believe they get out of the first round and it ends there. Defense is such a proponent in the playoffs.

    Brown is a great rebounder, but doesn't protect the rim enough for a center. Knicks are last in shot blocking and pretty overall one of the weakest teams in defending the interior. Only if I could flash back in time when I was advocating the Knicks to draft Serge Ibaka...one of the many prospects I projected to be impactful in the NBA.






    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Did I say anything there in that screenshot re needing Nash to get to the finals?? You sir are making things up. You are a liar and you haven't exposed anything.


    Be careful w posting screen shots cause two can play that game. And if you are going to do that at least back up what you said I said re Nash. You always move the goal post. Try to back up what you say.


    1. Trading Iman for Steve Nash at that time was plausible considering the season Nash had just come off of and the fact Shump was still an unknown entity.


    2. I have never said I wanted Nash over CP3. Never ever never lol. You're a liar. I've been the biggest proponent of getting CP3 since I joined the forum and you of all people know that, atleast you should smh.


    3. Already proved this was a lie. Now you say "help us get to the championship". Yes i believed he could've helped us if we still had MDA and Amare and Melo we're healthy. I never said anything re getting to the finals, or helping us get to a championship as you're saying now. Metro, I'm careful not yo say certain things. Don't try to misportray what I've posted. That is what is happening here. I know when to hedge.


    4. Kwame Brown could've been effective in a platoon of bigs. On a team w a good PG and a healthy Amare and Melo he would be useful. He's still young. As we've seen re our bigs youth is necessary if you want to have healthy guys in April.


    Try to spin your Glenn Robinson comparison all you want but it was just dumb. Same w you saying we shouldn't have traded for Melo.

  12. #102
    Lurker LAKnickerbocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Metro, I don't think anybody on this board believes Hardaway Jr. is gonna be an immediate star for this team. But to be so against this pick at this point in time makes little sense. The fact of the matter is that Tim did display intangibles during his time at Michigan, and always opted to put the play of the team before individual numbers. I was really pleased with the pick considering where we got him. Shumpert had his fair share of doubters when we took him at 17. And look at what he has done. While he's a different player than Shump, I am expecting Tim to have a similar positive impact for us, and develop into a solid role player as early as his rookie year.

  13. #103
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're in denial.
    You said if we get Nash, Knicks win it all, not only go to the finals, but win it all. You're dumb. I exposed you completely and you look even more pathetic in denying it.

    Nash had a cool season, but he was going to turn 37 years old and was on the decline. Next two season he has been battling injuries and aging. Why would Knicks trade their #1 prospect for a rental player? I don't mind trading for Nash, but anyone but Shumpert and Anthony. That's just crazy.

    Well, you opted out for Nash over Paul. If you were a true Paul fan, you would stay dedicated to CP3.

    Don't you think the NBA and every team in the league has figured out Mike D'Antoni? I respect his track record and his success as a coach. Sadly, his style of coaching is no longer effective in the league, I use to be a big D'Antoni supporter and I turned out to be very wrong. I don't think a D'Antoni even with Nash at the time would win a championship. I believe they get out of the first round and it ends there. Defense is such a proponent in the playoffs.

    Brown is a great rebounder, but doesn't protect the rim enough for a center. Knicks are last in shot blocking and pretty overall one of the weakest teams in defending the interior. Only if I could flash back in time when I was advocating the Knicks to draft Serge Ibaka...one of the many prospects I projected to be impactful in the NBA.

    Show me where I said "if we get Nash we win it all".

    Show me and I'll admit you're right. I gave you a link to try and prove it. Common Metro show everyone that you're right and how smart you are.

    Please just once back up your ridiculousness.

    All you're doing is talking out of the side of your neck. This is what you do. You're a fraud and you've proved nothing..

    Never said anything re Nash over Paul. Find where I said that please.

    You won't because I never did.

    What I say on this forum usually makes perfect basketball sense.

    Just as I did in my previous post, i am willing and capable of defending the line of thinking behind what I've said in the past. There's always a logic there, unlike w some of your crap.

    Some of the things you've posted on this forum simply cannot be defended, no matter how you try to spin.

    There are times when you make sense and times when you say outlandish things like some irrational adolesent.

    That's the difference here.

    Good night sir

  14. #104
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Show me where I said "if we get Nash we win it all".

    Show me and I'll admit you're right. I gave you a link to try and prove it. Common Metro show everyone that you're right and how smart you are.

    Please just once back up your ridiculousness.

    All you're doing is talking out of the side of your neck. This is what you do. You're a fraud and you've proved nothing..

    Never said anything re Nash over Paul. Find where I said that please.

    You won't because I never did.

    What I say on this forum usually makes perfect basketball sense.

    Just as I did in my previous post, i am willing and capable of defending the line of thinking behind what I've said in the past. There's always a logic there, unlike w some of your crap.

    Some of the things you've posted on this forum simply cannot be defended, no matter how you try to spin.

    There are times when you make sense and times when you say outlandish things like some irrational adolesent.

    That's the difference here.

    Good night sir
    Leave it buddy, seasons may come and go but metro will always ruin these forums by being the KO nazi, terrible decision to make him a mod.

  15. #105
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    This thread is ****ing awesome

Similar Threads

  1. Penny Hardaway wanted to come back last season
    By RunningJumper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2012, 05:24
  2. Why would we trade Penny Hardaway?
    By Waldwick04 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 15, 2006, 12:52
  3. Article: Hardaway OK but not happy in his reserve role
    By Penny Hardaway in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2005, 07:55
  4. Kobe Bryant Vs Anfernee Hardaway
    By Penny Hardaway in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 01, 2005, 07:29
  5. Penny Hardaway Activated
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 16:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •