Tim Hardaway Jr.

Peejay88

Rookie
I'm not familiar with the college game so can't really get mad or excited about this selection. I do wonder if this pick shows us the direction Coach wants us to take. I.E. Having Hardaway as cover at SG while moving Shump to SF to accommodate Melo at PF ? Or if this means J.R. is not reckoned into our plans? Apparently this Kid is a knockdown shooter and scoring was an area we struggled with in the Indy series I guess

Wargames

Starter
I Had time to think about it and I think I was so hard on this pick cause his father was one of my least favorite players. Dude could maybe develop into an Arron afflalo type player and really help out off the bench.

I do not see this being a JR replacement move though but who knows the bucks might go full stupid and offer JR 10 million a year or something.....

jimkcchief88

All Star
He sucks because he wasn't anything special in college. He barely improved as a player from his Freshman year...he doesn't address any of our weaknesses.

It was a weak pick.

Why must we be optimistic about everything?

Tim Jr was a main cog in a VERY good Michigan team...best in years...best available player on the board....can replace JR if he goes F/A...great size...younger, athletic...better shooter with NBA pedigree...we got a STEAL at 24 looking at some of the projects that went before Tim JR. Should be able to help us right away!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Bruh I am mad cause we didn't take Jamaal franklin who is better than Tim in about every way possible....

Very interesting .....

24th Pick .... by Spike Lee
Jeff Eisenberg's Analysis: Spike Lee tells ESPN he thinks Tim Hardaway Jr. will "help right away." I'm not so sure. Hardaway improved as a shooter and all-around player in helping lead Michigan to the national title game as a junior, but his shot selection and 3-point shooting remain works in progress. Other wings may have been better values here, especially North Carolina's Reggie Bullock and San Diego State's Jamaal Franklin.

41st Pick .... by Minny
Jeff Eisenberg's Analysis: Few college players filled up a stat sheet better last season than San Diego State's Jamaal Franklin, who finished in the top three in the Mountain West in scoring, rebounding and steals and the top seven in assists, blocked shots and field-goal percentage. The athletic 6-foot-5 wing took advantage of freedom to play through mistakes awarded to him, blossoming from an under-the-radar recruit into his team's unquestioned star. The lone knock on Franklin is his woeful 28 percent 3-point shooting, but remember this: Ex-Aztec Kawhi Leonard improved his shot once he got to the NBA, and Franklin has a reputation for being just as hard a worker.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
There's alot of mixed reactions here but let me just say this. Since the Melo/stat era how many nobodies turned to somebodies and when they leave they disappear. Fields, felton, harrelson, lin, novak, cope, jr got better. Point is when u play with superstars you are expected to do less and thrive... we're not expecting t.h.jr to be our star. He's an upgrade over James white who doesn't even belong in the league and that's before he even played a game

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Disagree.
No evidence that proves Tim is a good defender. He gets beat one on one, especially against slashers and he doesn't close out against 3pt shooters. Dude is 100% crap defensive.

His shooting isn't even that great.

42% FG 36% 3pt 75% FT
41% FG 28% 3pt 71% FT
43% FG 37% 3pt 69% FT

He has no mid range game or no slashing game and his 3pt game isn't that strong enough for him to be a threat...He can develop things as he grows but Hardaway wasn't a need.

Shumpert can fill the void that is JR Smith by playing 10-12 extra minutes and play 34 minutes per game. We didn't need a SG that desperately...

if we did, Ledo would of been a superior option. By far.

I like Ledo. This was def the safer pick though.

I think Hardaway getting beat 1:1 is due to his loosing focus at times. I think he can defend well when he's into it. I've noticed this watching him. He knows he won't be able to get away w that type of laziness in the NBA. I think we'll see better commitment to good defense from him.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Very interesting .....

24th Pick .... by Spike Lee
Jeff Eisenberg's Analysis: Spike Lee tells ESPN he thinks Tim Hardaway Jr. will "help right away." I'm not so sure. Hardaway improved as a shooter and all-around player in helping lead Michigan to the national title game as a junior, but his shot selection and 3-point shooting remain works in progress. Other wings may have been better values here, especially North Carolina's Reggie Bullock and San Diego State's Jamaal Franklin.

41st Pick .... by Minny
Jeff Eisenberg's Analysis: Few college players filled up a stat sheet better last season than San Diego State's Jamaal Franklin, who finished in the top three in the Mountain West in scoring, rebounding and steals and the top seven in assists, blocked shots and field-goal percentage. The athletic 6-foot-5 wing took advantage of freedom to play through mistakes awarded to him, blossoming from an under-the-radar recruit into his team's unquestioned star. The lone knock on Franklin is his woeful 28 percent 3-point shooting, but remember this: Ex-Aztec Kawhi Leonard improved his shot once he got to the NBA, and Franklin has a reputation for being just as hard a worker.

Key Words: "Mountain West" Not exactly a "power conference". The Big Ten was the best conference in the NCAA last year with Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio State all being ranked #1 at one point in the season and Michigan State, Wisconsin, Illinois dangerous, top 20 teams as well. Michigan ran the gauntlet during their Big Ten season and it took a special Louisville team coached by Rick Pitino to keep the Wolverines from thier first NCAA title since the days of Glenn Rice Sr. I know he's a Hardaway but its time we got over that folks. We're gonna have to " take some Heat to beat the Heat":)

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Hardaway, Jr. was a "safe" pick. He could be solid. I would have preferred a pick with more potential despite being a greater risk. I liked Mitchell and Ledo and am surprised that both were mid-second rounders. I am not prepared to accept that GMs know more than what I glean from my relatively uninformed instincts. They make some incredible mistakes. However, I have a tendency to remember only my proposed picks for the Knicks that worked out well. In any event, I would like to see Ledo and Mitchell thrive.

nyk_nyk

All Star
People are clowns for mocking the pick and claiming Hardaway is "trash" or "garbage". Clearly, Tim worked out for the knicks and shot the lights out and did other things extremely well. People talk like he's our top 5 pick that's expected to lead or something. NO, he's just a piece that should be fine as long as he puts in work and respects his role. He has good speed, versatile and has great shooting form.

Most importantly, he's NBA ready and it certainly doesn't hurt that he played a big part for a damn good Wolverine team and went all the way to the championship. Let's not forget the NBA pedigree. His father will certainly help improve his game with all the knowledge he's gained as a very good player in his career.

Wanna-be GMs in this thread act like they have more info than the NYK organization, but teams go off of need and what they see during workout and interviews. The Knicks thought he was the best fit just like they did for Shumpert. I will support the staff's decision until I see otherwise not to. I remember guys on here bashing the Shump pick but then got on their knees when he showed what he could do. BE PATIENT! STOP ACTING LIKE YOU KNOW FOR A FACT WHO WILL OR WON'T MAKE AN IMPACT. IF IT WERE THAT EASY CHOOSING LATE 1ST RD PLAYERS EVERYONE WOULD HAVE A GOODP PICK.

Analyzing players isn't just about what they did or didn't do in college. It's all about taking into account what YOU will need from them and if those specific set of skills will translate into success. It's also about potential and figuring out if coaching can bring out those qualities to the point where said player ascends. it's always a risk unless you're talkinig about a top pick. I trust Woodson will not allow Tim Hardaway Jr. to slack off. Either way, his father will keep him in check so its all good.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
***** BREAKING NEWS *****

Tim Hardaway Sr. has been approached by New York Knicks organization regarding coming out of retirement and running the backcourt for them together with his son. This would be the first time in history a father and son will be playing together on the same team. Seems Knicks are pushing to break another age record. Go Knicks !!!!

LMAO

mafra

Legend
I only mentioned Ward, with respect to Hardaway, to compare the sort of role-player impact from a mid-20s draft pick that Tim Jr. will have for this team. These two are nowhere near the same players. Hardaway is a 2/3 who can shoot the 3; while Ward was a defensive, pass-1st PG. However, the floor/ceiling is what I am talking about. Hardaway may not be a star, but he won?t be a bust.

I do agree that this pick boils down to Hardaway or Bullock. And whenever the other option goes directly after you select, then that shows a red flag. But only time will tell. To me, I would have gone with either one of these 2 players. And, to be honest, there are arguments both ways.
Hardaway, to me (and to our GM), is the superior overall offensive player (especially when you consider the translation to the NBA game). Bullock is an inch taller with a 3-inch longer wingspan, but THjr is the superior athlete. I think with all things equal, I take Tim?s competitive edgy, his moxie and ?clutch? gene? I think Hardaway played in the tougher conference, carried more of his team?s load, had more daunting expectations to live up to; I think he is actually the better overall defensive player? just needs consistency. I also think I know Tim wont shy away from the bright lights of Broadway, he will not be in awe of the NBA star (when playing teams like MIA). Can I say this with absolute certainty about Bullock?

Bottom line: I can respect your argument that you would prefer Bullock over Hardaway, but I do not agree that the choice is clearly obsvious.

?Standing roughly 6'7 with a near 6'10 wingspan, Bullock has solid size for the small forward position, but he doesn't possess great explosiveness, which is most clear when watching his operate one-on-one and on the pick and roll. Lacking the burst to get into the paint consistently and proving to be only an average ball-handler, Bullock does not create his own shot prolifically and struggles to score over defenders in the midrange area, especially under pressure. Considering his strong long-range shooting, low-mistake style of play, and lack of creativity on the offensive end, Bullock seems best suited to play a role similar to the one fellow North Carolina product Danny Green plays for the Spurs.

On the other side of the floor, it is Bullock's size and competitiveness that make him a solid defender. He could still stand to maximize his frame to help him defend the three-spot at the next level, but he's an active player who was charged with stopping the opposition's top perimeter scorer on an almost nightly basis at UNC and rebounded the ball well for a player his size. He doesn't have great lateral quickness, and gave up more dribble penetration this season than he did as a sophomore, but often did so knowing he had a teammate helping on the baseline. Bullock's defensive ability has been impressive in spurts over the course of his career and his potential on this end of the floor will be something NBA teams will want to study more in private workouts.?

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XWm6In2A

?Finishing as the Wolverines' second leading scorer, Hardaway indeed played a key role for a Michigan team that made it all the way to the National Championship game. Knocking down 37% of his shots from beyond the arc, Hardaway bounced back from the 28% he shot as a sophomore, but his two-point percentage dipped from 54% to 48%, something that has become a trend for the Florida native over the last three seasons. At different points in Hardaway's career he's been both a highly effective and below average finisher, midrange shooter, and spot-up threat, never really stringing together consistency in any one area for a prolonged period.

SPLIT
FGM
FGA
FG%
PTS/SHOT
'10-'11 Catch and Shoot
35.3%
'11-'12 Catch and Shoot
28.4%
'12-'13 Catch and Shoot
39.6%
'10-'11 Pull-Up Jumper
28.6%
'11-'12 Pull-Up Jumper
44.6%
'12-'13 Pull-Up Jumper
30.6%
'10-'11 Runners and Around Rim
61%
'11-'12 Runners and Around Rim
48%
'12-'13 Runners and Around Rim
46.7%

Some of Hardaway's struggles were due to his less than stellar shot selection. Others were the byproduct of the level of opposing defenses he faced on a nightly basis in the Big Ten. There were more than a few occasions though, where he simply had a hard time firing on all cylinders, including the 2013 Tournament where he made 38.2% of his three-point attempts but shot just 37.2% inside the arc.

Despite his inconsistency, there is no questioning Hardaway's overall size, talent, skill level, and the body of work he's put together over the course of his college career. He's a well-rounded weapon who can stretch the floor, get out on the fast break with his athleticism, make smart passes, and put the ball on the floor to score.

Most of his offense this season came in spot-up situations, with catch and shoot jump shots accounting for nearly 40% of his field goal attempts in the half court according to Synergy Sports Technology. Getting great elevation on his jumper and shooting the ball with fluid mechanics, Hardaway made 44% of his unguarded spot-up shots in 2013. Though he made just 31.5% of his pull-up jump shots as a junior, Hardaway has proven that he can also use his dribble to find open space and score off the bounce from the perimeter.

The Florida native's range and confidence as a jump shooter will serve him well at the next level, as his ability to spread the floor and be effective as a complementary option will align itself well with the role he'll likely be expected to play. A capable straight-line slasher who can attack holes in the defense and take the corner when he has a step on his man, Hardaway is a solid athlete, but isn't the type of shifty or explosive slasher who will be asked to consistently create one-on-one or on the pick and roll early in his career.

Around the basket, Hardaway is a fairly reliable finisher. He can play above the rim and finish with finesse around defenders. He does an adequate job drawing contact on the occasions he does attack the rim, though shots around the rim in the half court account for less than 14% of his attempts, a testament to his shot-selection and average advanced ball-handling skills. Hardaway does his best work as a finisher in transition where he finds contact more consistently, and was effective last season both pushing the ball himself and running on the wings. Connecting on 70% of his free throw attempts, a career worst, it would be nice to see Hardaway take fewer difficult pull-ups and be more aggressive in attacking the rim.

Defensively, Hardaway has the tools to be an effective pro. He lacks great length, possessing only a 6'7 wingspan, and won't create many turnovers, but his 6'6 near-200 pound frame, coupled with his very good overall athleticism and competitiveness, give him plenty of promise as a capable NBA player on this end of the floor. His ability to stay dialed in on this end of the floor and consistently deny dribble penetration one-on-one will be the keys to his ability to hold his own early on, as he tended to lose focus very easily at Michigan and didn't seem to put major emphasis on stopping his man in long stretches.

Tim Hardaway Jr will have plenty of opportunities to climb draft boards in workouts considering how up in the air the hierarchy at the shooting guard position is after Ben McLemore and Victor Oladipo. Already impressing teams with his performance at the NBA Combine in Chicago, Hardaway could certainly be the player to stake claim to that position in the coming weeks in workouts. There's little question that he is an NBA talent. The question for Hardaway moving forward is whether he can become the efficient contributor he's capable of on a consistent basis.?

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XWmp7GjQ
http://www.draftexpress.com

?Michigan coach John Beilein said the Knicks are getting an experienced player who can do a variety of things.
?He can do more than shoot,? Beilein told SNY.tv. ?He came in as just a shooter. His range is incredible, though. He?s got great range. But at the same time..he?s become what we call a fourth-level defender where not only does he guard his man and guard off the ball and then guard action but he helps everybody else. He talks and he helps everybody else.?
Beilein pointed out that Hardaway Jr. won MVP honors last November in the NIT Preseason Tip-Off at Madison Square Garden when he went for 16 and 23 points, respectively, in wins over Pittsburgh and Kansas State.
?If anybody saw him play in the NIT the beginning of this year with Kansas State and Pittsburgh, he was sensational,? the Michigan coach said.
Beilein added: ?He started every game he ever played at Michigan. He had no trouble just stepping in as a freshman. He?s been around the NBA life his whole life. We played and almost every game was a sellout. He?s used to the big stage, he?ll adapt very easily.?
ESPN draft expert Fran Fraschilla told the New York Post Hardaway Jr. was a low-risk pick who lacked a high ceiling.
?Hardaway already has an NBA professional mentality,?? Fraschilla said. ?He has a professional mindset, a high-character kid and well-coached at Michigan. The ceiling, though, is not great. I don?t see an All-Star career. A long-time rotation guy, very good shooter, not a great passer. But he?s solid and low risk.??
http://zagsblog.com/articles/nba-draft-knicks-select-tim-hardaway-jr/

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I like that he's a prototypical SG at 6'6", 199 lb. Means maybe Shump gets more time at the 1, which I'd like to see. I would ultimately like to see a starting lineup of:

Shumpert
Hardaway
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Felton's defense is suspect so I think he's better suited to a role off the bench. I like him to come into games focused on getting buckets against other teams second stringers sorta like what J. Terry and J. Crawford do and what JR hopefully used to do for us.

I like Hardaway over Bullock because his handle is better.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Right before Stern announced the pick, I quickly reviewed who the "best available top 10 options' for the Knicks were, and I mumbled to myself: "if I were GM what direction would I go in?" I waivered for the briefest of moments before I muttered the name "Hardaway."

The answer was obvious to me... Sure, we probably took the safest route and passed on some higher ceiling players... But the Knicks are built to win NOW.

Let's face it, the pool we were picking from were these players: Bullock, Crabbe, Franklin, Ledo and Hardaway. I think we passed on Franklin because we preferred a player who does at least 1 thing really well, as opposed to a guy who does a lot of things pretty well. We needed a shooter. Somebody to bang down outside shots. Compliment Melo and run in Woody's offense. We employed the 3 guard sets... So a combo guard who can shoot the 3 was what the draft presented when our number was up... So, based on our needs and the BPA...Hardaway was our choice.

I think we crossed Ledo off the list because he is still, in essence, a high schooler. He might be the better player in 4 years... But Hardaway will help more next May. Then, it was six in one hand and a half dozen in the other We probably felt Crabbe didn't face as much "pressure" in his situation as did Bullock and Hardawy playing at UNC and Michigan.

Since Franklin, Ledo and Crabbe went later on... I think a lot of teams felt what Grunwald felt... And so we were justified... The question then boils down to Hardaway or Bullock, who went next. Both are shooters from big time programs who will contribute their rookie years. Did we chose wisely?

I THINK THE REASONING WAS SOUND THOUGH. We grabbed the tougher player. Bullock is more finesse. Hardaway has the pedigree, and thus possesses a better understanding of what he needs to succeed at this level... He is a better defender and is more athletic. Better at creating his own shot. I watched a lot of both players last few seasons.

Tim Jr entered college with the weight of expectations, was a starter all 3 years in school... Performed well in the tourney, hit big shots...

I think this pick is akin to the Charlie Ward pick. Another first rounder from the mid 20s. He will be more than just a rotation piece. He may not be great but he will have his moments. He was the best option.

I was hoping we'd go after NC State's Lorenzo Brown. 6'5 PG who's not a good outside shooter but is a pass first player. He see's the floor well, can run the break, & reminds me of the college version of Jason Kidd. His game is smooth & IMO he's the best passer from this draft. He's also a good defender & with the right work ethic he could have a high ceiling. His bball instincts are good.

metrocard

Legend
Sadly, I don't see much ball movement at all with a Shumpert/Hardaway/Melo/Stat/TC lineup.

nyk_nyk , you act like NBA staff's are always successful. Fans have the right to voice their opinions against their moves...we don't have to be sheeps and back up everything they do because they're professionals. Even professionals make me mistakes, and you can't be so foolish to think Knicks don't make mistakes.

This was a pointless draft pick. Knicks have glaring holes at PG the front court position. Shumpert is our guy at SG, Hardaway won't play no more than 18 minutes at best. Knicks weakness is interior defense...we didn't address that.

Instead we got a SG who's on the same level as Alex Abrines, Allen Crabbe, Glen Rice JR., Jamaal Franklin, Ricardo Ledo and Reggie Bullock.

Now Knicks have to be desperate in this off season because they have a lot of hard contracts to move with Amare and Chandler, known as injury prone guys about to end their prime.

as a fan, you should be concerned if you have a pulse and you're not stressing yourself out over protecting the Knicks staff and their decisions.

Best Case Scenario: CJ Miles
Worst Case Scenario: DeQuan Cook

nyk, you provided no evidence that shows Hardaway Jr. is NBA ready. We won't know that until January. Stop making things up.

mafra , good info.

metrocard

Legend
Points Per-40 Minutes Pace Adjusted
PlayerLeagueTeamPts/40pa
Khalif WyattNCAATemple24
Kentavious Caldwell-PopeNCAAGeorgia23.1
Brandon PaulNCAAIllinois21.1
Seth CurryNCAADuke21
B.J. YoungNCAAArkansas20.3
Allen CrabbeNCAACalifornia20.2
Jamaal FranklinNCAASan Diego State20
Ben McLemoreNCAAKansas19.3
Victor OladipoNCAAIndiana18.9
Vander BlueNCAAMarquette18.7
Michael SnaerNCAAFlorida State18.1
Archie GoodwinNCAAKentucky17.5
Tim Hardaway JrNCAAMichigan16.8
Alex AbrinesEuroleague, ACBBarcelona14.69

Hardaway Jr.'s relative lack of productivity and efficiency as a junior—ranking last among college players in this group of SG's in the 2013 draft.

Free Throw Attempts Per-40 Minutes Pace Adjusted
PlayerLeagueTeamFta/40pa
Khalif WyattNCAATemple8.4
Jamaal FranklinNCAASan Diego State8.2
Archie GoodwinNCAAKentucky8
Brandon PaulNCAAIllinois7.3
Kentavious Caldwell-PopeNCAAGeorgia6.5
B.J. YoungNCAAArkansas5.5
Michael SnaerNCAAFlorida State5.3
Seth CurryNCAADuke5.2
Victor OladipoNCAAIndiana5
Vander BlueNCAAMarquette4.7
Allen CrabbeNCAACalifornia4.6
Ben McLemoreNCAAKansas4.5
Tim Hardaway JrNCAAMichigan3.3
Alex AbrinesEuroleague, ACBBarcelona3

The fact that Tim Hardaway Jr comes in at second worst is a bit of a surprise. Neither an elite athlete nor a true knock-down perimeter jump shooter, Hardaway Jr. will need to improve his ball-handling skills and sub-70% free throw percentage.

Free Throw Attempts Per Possession
PlayerLeagueTeamFTA/POS
Archie GoodwinNCAAKentucky0.44
Jamaal FranklinNCAASan Diego State0.39
Khalif WyattNCAATemple0.36
Brandon PaulNCAAIllinois0.34
Victor OladipoNCAAIndiana0.33
Kentavious Caldwell-PopeNCAAGeorgia0.31
Seth CurryNCAADuke0.31
Michael SnaerNCAAFlorida State0.29
B.J. YoungNCAAArkansas0.28
Ben McLemoreNCAAKansas0.28
Vander BlueNCAAMarquette0.25
Allen CrabbeNCAACalifornia0.24
Alex AbrinesEuroleague, ACBBarcelona0.21
Tim Hardaway JrNCAAMichigan0.19

True Shooting Percentage
PlayerLeagueTeamTS%
Victor OladipoNCAAIndiana68
Ben McLemoreNCAAKansas63.9
Seth CurryNCAADuke62.3
Kentavious Caldwell-PopeNCAAGeorgia59
Allen CrabbeNCAACalifornia57.4
Khalif WyattNCAATemple57.3
Michael SnaerNCAAFlorida State57.2
Vander BlueNCAAMarquette54.7
Jamaal FranklinNCAASan Diego State54.2
Brandon PaulNCAAIllinois54.2
Alex AbrinesEuroleague, ACBBarcelona53.8
Tim Hardaway JrNCAAMichigan53.1
Archie GoodwinNCAAKentucky51.7
B.J. YoungNCAAArkansas51.4

Hardaway Jr. had the third lowest usage rate in this group, and is also the third least efficient scorer overall, which certainly raises some question marks. This is hardly an outlier either, as he had an identical 53% true shooting percentage last season as well.

Defense by the Numbers

We have a long ways to go before we'll be able to effectively quantify a player's defensive prowess statistically, especially using just box-score numbers. There are too many variables involved in whether a team comes up with a stop on any given possession to effectively isolate a single player out using such simple metrics.

When studying the results of blocks and steals per 40 minutes pace adjusted (below), Defensive Win Shares (DWS) and Defensive Rating (DRtg), however, it is possible to at least start to glean some insights into a prospect's defensive ability.

Blocks Per-40 Minutes Pace Adjusted
PlayerLeagueTeamBlk/40pa
Victor OladipoNCAAIndiana1.1
Jamaal FranklinNCAASan Diego State0.9
Brandon PaulNCAAIllinois0.8
Ben McLemoreNCAAKansas0.8
Allen CrabbeNCAACalifornia0.8
Alex AbrinesEuroleague, ACBBarcelona0.7
Kentavious Caldwell-PopeNCAAGeorgia0.6
Archie GoodwinNCAAKentucky0.6
Michael SnaerNCAAFlorida State0.6
Tim Hardaway JrNCAAMichigan0.5
B.J. YoungNCAAArkansas0.3
Khalif WyattNCAATemple0.2
Seth CurryNCAADuke0.2
Vander BlueNCAAMarquette0

Steals Per-40 Minutes Pace Adjusted
PlayerLeagueTeamStl/40pa
Victor OladipoNCAAIndiana3
Kentavious Caldwell-PopeNCAAGeorgia2.5
Khalif WyattNCAATemple2
Jamaal FranklinNCAASan Diego State2
Brandon PaulNCAAIllinois1.6
Archie GoodwinNCAAKentucky1.4
Vander BlueNCAAMarquette1.3
Alex AbrinesEuroleague, ACBBarcelona1.26
Ben McLemoreNCAAKansas1.2
Allen CrabbeNCAACalifornia1.2
Michael SnaerNCAAFlorida State1.2
Seth CurryNCAADuke1
B.J. YoungNCAAArkansas0.9
Tim Hardaway JrNCAAMichigan0.8

Defensive Rating
PlayerLeagueTeamDRTG
Michael SnaerNCAAFlorida State105.3
Khalif WyattNCAATemple103.2
Alex AbrinesEuroleague, ACBBarcelona103
B.J. YoungNCAAArkansas102.4
Vander BlueNCAAMarquette102.2
Seth CurryNCAADuke101.7
Tim Hardaway JrNCAAMichigan100.6
Brandon PaulNCAAIllinois99.6
Archie GoodwinNCAAKentucky98.7
Allen CrabbeNCAACalifornia97.4
Ben McLemoreNCAAKansas93.4
Kentavious Caldwell-PopeNCAAGeorgia90.7
Victor OladipoNCAAIndiana86.7
Jamaal FranklinNCAASan Diego State86.7

Defensive Win Shares
PlayerLeagueTeamDEFWS
Jamaal FranklinNCAASan Diego State3.8
Victor OladipoNCAAIndiana3.7
Kentavious Caldwell-PopeNCAAGeorgia3.4
Ben McLemoreNCAAKansas3.1
Allen CrabbeNCAACalifornia2.4
Tim Hardaway JrNCAAMichigan2
Brandon PaulNCAAIllinois1.9
Archie GoodwinNCAAKentucky1.9
Seth CurryNCAADuke1.5
Vander BlueNCAAMarquette1.4
Khalif WyattNCAATemple1.3
B.J. YoungNCAAArkansas1.1
Michael SnaerNCAAFlorida State0.9
Alex AbrinesEuroleague, ACBBarcelona0.6

Player Efficiency Rating
PlayerLeagueTeamPER
Victor OladipoNCAAIndiana29.4
Kentavious Caldwell-PopeNCAAGeorgia28.1
Khalif WyattNCAATemple24.8
Jamaal FranklinNCAASan Diego State24.7
Ben McLemoreNCAAKansas23.5
Seth CurryNCAADuke23
Allen CrabbeNCAACalifornia22.7
Brandon PaulNCAAIllinois22.2
B.J. YoungNCAAArkansas20.7
Michael SnaerNCAAFlorida State18.9
Vander BlueNCAAMarquette17.3
Archie GoodwinNCAAKentucky17.1
Tim Hardaway JrNCAAMichigan17.1
Alex AbrinesEuroleague, ACBBarcelona11.05

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XWwGHU14
http://www.draftexpress.com

Anyone who says Tim Hardaway Jr. was the best player available is an idiot who didn't do their research.

metrocard

Legend
Offensively, Tim is average at best.
Defensively, Tim is below average.

Tim hasn't improved his game since his Freshman season. What's his ceiling? Can't be too high. Guy hasn't revamped his game or style. He's actually regressed a bit, he use to go to the FT line more often.

Tim's best attribute is his turnover ratio, it's pretty nice. You may also consider he was 3rd/4th option on Michigan and didn't have to handle the ball a lot.

Heres what a Michigan "expert" said about Tim

If Tim can find a role that allows him to focus on scoring for shorter stretches without being counted on for a large offensive load, he could be a great bench scorer and effective player. If he struggles to consistently get to the rim and open up room for his jump shot, he could wash out of the league fairly quickly. At this point it is about putting it all together -- something he hasn't ever done. The talent and athleticism is there.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Anyone who says Tim Hardaway Jr. was the best player available is an idiot who didn't do their research.

not saying he was the best available but could be a long term solution...

good athleticism along with a high IQ does draw comparisons to best player available in an organization's view of what they want to build... us as fans looking hoping they find someone that can complement Melo now, where they found someone who can become a driving force on the bench rotation... our problem wasn't talent surrounding Melo, but the bench rotation was limited... think Hardaway Jr. will boost the second line...

think he is a 10 to 15 min per game bench player...