Tim Hardaway Jr.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Can we just let the kid play first?

Best post thus far!!!

we have booed picks only to be pleasently surprised

weve applauded future busts on draft night

many draft experts on the forum cried out loud for us drafting Shump over Brooks two years ago

We got to wait and see

New New York

Quiet Storm
Starting to grow on me! Like how he conducts
himself, Steve Smith brought up a good point about him possessing the ability to score more than he did at college but played within the system

Somewhere between Chicago Ben Gordan and Aaron Affalo type player not a superstar but ability to give a team a lift

mafra

Legend
If JR leaves, there are guys like Delfino, Garcia and Tony Allen to replace JR who would of been better fits than JR and especially a weak talent like Timmy.

You say he was one of the best, but you prove no information behind it. He's a low efficiency player.

Prigioni is good money. Knicks still needed a young PG. Felton is going to be 30 and he isn't that good to be begin to have him run the show.

CJ Leslie is athletic, but raw offensively and defensively. Those kind of players never see more than 20 minutes a game in the NBA.

Mitchell was a PF prospect who Knicks shown somewhat in an interest in, he would of contributed right away with his rebounding and hustle. Adjusting to scoring in the NBA isn't an automatic thing. Kevin Durant's rookie season he shot 40% and below 30% from 3pt land. It takes time. Do we have enough time to wait for a guy who was low efficiency scorer in college? Scoring is really the only thing Hardaway does and he doesn't do it well. Average at best.

Jimmy Butler was a defensive player who develop his jump shot and handle, just like Leonard did. Brooks was a nut scorer, who's offensive game is pretty good. They're both good players, Butler is overrated by Bull fans but Butler impacts the game not by scoring but his with all around activity. Hardaway has never been that kind of player, thus making it pointless in bringing it up.

I am through with this conversation because you just lost me here... First you say we should've taken Bullock, then Ledo, then Franklin, and now you say Mitchell? Yeah, just what Knicks need... Another PF... because after Melo and Amar'e and maybe Martin... There are tons of minutes to hand out to another PF.

Truth is... Almost 20 hours later... You still can't decide what direction to go in.

You say there are free agents to be had that can shoot... I say there are free agents out there to be had with size who can rebound. You call for Mitchell but Grunny grabbed CJ instead.

Franklin could not start on his team as a freshman... Ledo wasn't eligible to play this season, Mitchell quit on his team.... All 3 players had to wait until the second round. Who cares about these guys?

This pick comes down to Hardaway or Bullock (and maybe Crabbe if we wanted a shooter). I hope we guessed right. Since you loved that bust Antony arandolph, and since you ranked DJ Augustine ahead of Lawson and Gallinari... I think I am cool with disregarding your opinions, which you pawn off as dogmatic facts.

Hardaway will prove a lot of haters wrong. Only a fool was expecting much from this pick anyway. So be a man and pick a prospect and declare that's the guy you would have taken. Otherwise you are just upset bc we didn't grab Lebron James with the 24th pick.

also, I am not in love wit tis either. I would prefer the guy with the highest ceiling regardless... But I haven't seen Crabbe or Franklin or Mitchell or Ledo enough... I don't trust our front fife either. I wanted Faired over Shumert though.... So what do I know really?

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Starting to grow on me! Like how he conducts
himself, Steve Smith brought up a good point about him possessing the ability to score more than he did at college but played within the system

Somewhere between Chicago Ben Gordan and Aaron Affalo type player not a superstar but ability to give a team a lift

No where close.

He doesn't shoot like Gordon or create shots like Gordon
Doesn't defend like Affalo.

metrocard

Legend
We should of taken a lot of players over Hardaway Jr.
Melo is a SF.
Amare plays best at C.
Martin is a PF but can only play 22-24 minutes per game.
Outside of Chandler/Martin we lack rebounders.
Mitchell is been a perfect fit.

Players like CJ Leslie never pan out in the NBA. Their athleticism is nice, but they can never find a role in the league. the most successful tweener skinny athletic SF/PF is Hakim Warrick and he's a sub 20 minute per game player at best. I'm not expecting much from Leslie. Rebounding PF's always have a place in the NBA, look at Reggie Evans...guy made a career off of the glass.

Franklin didn't start because Kawhi Leonard was leading the Aztecs to a 34-3 season and captured the #seed in the NCAA Tourney. The following year, Franklin won Mountain West player of the year averaging 17 and 8 (better than any season Timmy has posted) and he lead a team low in talent to the 6th seed in the NCAA Tourney. He's an interesting prospect since he can do things most SG's can't do.

I never ranked Augustin over Lawson or Gallo. You can tell you're lying about that because Lawson and Augustin weren't even in the same draft. Either way, it makes me look good because Lawson and Gallo were guys I sported before the draft and they turned out to be good players.
Randolph > Tim Hardaway by a mile. I can't even assess your opinion because you're being a cheerleader for the Knicks staff. Whatever they do you approve. Theres no critical thinking or having your own developed opinion. Mindless.

I am through with this conversation because you just lost me here... First you say we should've taken Bullock, then Ledo, then Franklin, and now you say Mitchell? Yeah, just what Knicks need... Another PF... because after Melo and Amar'e and maybe Martin... There are tons of minutes to hand out to another PF.

Truth is... Almost 20 hours later... You still can't decide what direction to go in.

You say there are free agents to be had that can shoot... I say there are free agents out there to be had with size who can rebound. You call for Mitchell but Grunny grabbed CJ instead.

Franklin could not start on his team as a freshman... Ledo wasn't eligible to play this season, Mitchell quit on his team.... All 3 players had to wait until the second round. Who cares about these guys?

This pick comes down to Hardaway or Bullock (and maybe Crabbe if we wanted a shooter). I hope we guessed right. Since you loved that bust Antony arandolph, and since you ranked DJ Augustine ahead of Lawson and Gallinari... I think I am cool with disregarding your opinions, which you pawn off as dogmatic facts.

Hardaway will prove a lot of haters wrong. Only a fool was expecting much from this pick anyway. So be a man and pick a prospect and declare that's the guy you would have taken. Otherwise you are just upset bc we didn't grab Lebron James with the 24th pick.

also, I am not in love wit tis either. I would prefer the guy with the highest ceiling regardless... But I haven't seen Crabbe or Franklin or Mitchell or Ledo enough... I don't trust our front fife either. I wanted Faired over Shumert though.... So what do I know really?

metrocard

Legend
Glad you're so confident. You're setting yourself up for failure if he pans out.

Bottom line is the Hardaway has tangibles that will translate well in the league. He's a knockdown shooter, who's also athletic and can put the ball on the floor. He's played in big games under pressure and is well coached and coachable.

He's a player to place bets on.

Theres no proof to this. What intangibles? Guy has a good turnover to assist ratio. Other than that, his has weak shot selection...he doesn't hit the glass and athleticism doesn't translate into his rebounding or defense. He's strictly a low efficiency scorer.

Tim Hardaway isn't consistent and if you followed his career, he disappears and reappears. You act like he's Carmelo Anthony freshman year in Syracuse. Stop writing generic hype adjectives to hype up a prospect you don't know anything about.

I bet you Tim Hardaway Jr. doesn't average 10 points per game this season...so stop hyping him up like he's going to. You look foolish.

metrocard

Legend
Draft Express NCAA Junior Rankings

#Player1Victor Oladipo SG
21 years old, Junior
6' 4" 213lbs.
Indiana
2Kelly Olynyk C
22 years old, Junior
7' 0" 234lbs.
Gonzaga
3Gorgui Dieng C
23 years old, Junior
6' 11" 230lbs.
Louisville
4Jamaal Franklin SG
21 years old, Junior
6' 5" 191lbs.
San Diego State
5Lorenzo Brown PG
22 years old, Junior
6' 5" 189lbs.
N.C. State
6Allen Crabbe SG
21 years old, Junior
6' 6" 197lbs.
California
7Patric Young PF/C
21 years old, Junior
6' 9" 249lbs.
Florida
8Reggie Bullock SF
22 years old, Junior
6' 7" 200lbs.
North Carolina
9C.J. Leslie SF/PF
22 years old, Junior
6' 9" 209lbs.
N.C. State
10Russ Smith PG
22 years old, Junior
6' 0" 160lbs.
Louisville
11Adreian Payne PF
22 years old, Junior
6' 9" 215lbs.
Michigan State
12Doug McDermott PF
21 years old, Junior
6' 8" 223lbs.
Creighton
13Vander Blue SG
20 years old, Junior
6' 5" 197lbs.
Marquette
14C.J. Wilcox SG
22 years old, Junior
6' 5" 190lbs.
Washington
15Phil Pressey PG
22 years old, Junior
5' 11" 177lbs.
Missouri
16Deshaun Thomas SF/PF
21 years old, Junior
6' 7" 220lbs.
Ohio State
17Cory Jefferson PF
22 years old, Junior
6' 9" 210lbs.
Baylor
18Tim Hardaway Jr SG
21 years old, Junior
6' 6" 185lbs.
Michigan

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XZq1DGPj

metrocard

Legend
Top 100 Prospects
This Ranking was last updated on Mon Jun 17th at 04:41:49 PM

#Player
1Alex Len C
20 years old, Sophomore
7' 1" 255lbs.
Maryland
2Nerlens Noel C
19 years old, Freshman
7' 0" 206lbs.
Kentucky
3Victor Oladipo SG
21 years old, Junior
6' 4" 213lbs.
Indiana
4Trey Burke PG
20 years old, Sophomore
6' 1" 187lbs.
Michigan
5Ben McLemore SG
20 years old, Freshman
6' 5" 189lbs.
Kansas
6Anthony Bennett PF
20 years old, Freshman
6' 7" 239lbs.
UNLV
7Otto Porter SF
20 years old, Sophomore
6' 9" 198lbs.
Georgetown
8C.J. McCollum PG/SG
21 years old, Senior
6' 3" 197lbs.
Lehigh
9Giannis Adetokunbo SF
18 years old, International
6' 9" 196lbs.
Filathlitikos
10Cody Zeller PF/C
20 years old, Sophomore
7' 0" 230lbs.
Indiana
11Shabazz Muhammad SF
20 years old, Freshman
6' 6" 222lbs.
UCLA
12Michael Carter-Williams PG
21 years old, Sophomore
6' 6" 184lbs.
Syracuse
13Dennis Schroeder PG
19 years old, International
6' 2" 165lbs.
Braunschweig
14Gorgui Dieng C
23 years old, Junior
6' 11" 230lbs.
Louisville
15Kelly Olynyk C
22 years old, Junior
7' 0" 234lbs.
Gonzaga
16Mason Plumlee C
23 years old, Senior
7' 0" 238lbs.
Duke
17Steven Adams C
19 years old, Freshman
7' 0" 255lbs.
Pittsburgh
18Rudy Gobert C
21 years old, International
7' 2" 238lbs.
Cholet
19Shane Larkin PG
20 years old, Sophomore
5' 11" 171lbs.
Miami FL
20Sergey Karasev SF
19 years old, International
6' 7" 197lbs.
Triumph Moscow
21Kentavious Caldwell-Pope SG
20 years old, Sophomore
6' 6" 204lbs.
Georgia
22Erick Green PG/SG
22 years old, Senior
6' 3" 178lbs.
Virginia Tech
23Jamaal Franklin SG
21 years old, Junior
6' 5" 191lbs.
San Diego State
24Lucas Nogueira C
20 years old, International
7' 0" 220lbs.
Estudiantes
25Jeff Withey C
23 years old, Senior
7' 0" 222lbs.
Kansas
#Player
26Nate Wolters PG
22 years old, Senior
6' 5" 196lbs.
South Dakota St
27Reggie Bullock SF
22 years old, Junior
6' 7" 200lbs.
North Carolina
28Allen Crabbe SG
21 years old, Junior
6' 6" 197lbs.
California
29Tony Mitchell PF
21 years old, Sophomore
6' 9" 236lbs.
North Texas
30Glen Rice SF
22 years old, Senior
6' 6" 211lbs.
Rio Grande Valley
31Tim Hardaway Jr SG

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2XZqN0vUR

mafra

Legend
You started a thread yourself after the Gallo draft handing out grades. You wrote that you liked the pick, but personally had Augustine ranked higher on your board. Lol. Franklin was so highly thought of that he went 17 picks later... 11th in the 2nd round. Averaging 17 and 8 in the Mountain West is akin to averaging 12 and 4 in the big boy 10 conference. I don't love Hardaway nor am I hyping him up... Most picks in the mid 20s are worthless. I just say that we got decent value with our selection, that I believe there will be a roll for him and I understand why he was the choice. Were there better options, I have no doubt someone taken after us found a gem... But I don't see anybody who was light years ahead as the more obvious choice. You still won't commit to ONE player... Be a man... And we can solve this once and forevermore because it will be written in stone on this message board, so we can revisit this to gain clarity in future disagreements. You arent allowed to take the field and come back later and say 'I told you so.' I draft Hardaway... What bout you? Because even if Hardaway sucks, I want to see how your guy pans out. The latest post from you indicates Franklin is your choice. I imagine your sound research is that he will be good bc Leonard is good. Just like how you were hyping Ledo, a prospect Iimagine you never watched even participate in the three man weave drill. We get it... You don't like Hardaway... Fortunately for us Knick fans you don't get paid to make decisions or else Augustine and Randolph would be our dynamic duo.

mafra

Legend
Chad Ford also ranked Franklin higher (19)... Knicks did reportedly consider him... They went in another direction. What can you do? Cry like a teenage girl about it? I'm still pissed we traded Ewing, Crawford and Randolph, that we signed Curry. Franklin might prove to be the better player... But if that is the case... Then more than half the other NBA teams made the same mistake as well. Grunny felt Hardaway was the better shooter.... That is what he deemed of value at 24. Only way to figure out if he was right is to play the games. I personally haven't watched enough of him to get a feel one way or another. But I do know if he is another Leonard, then he would not have fallen to the 41st slot.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Theres no proof to this. What intangibles? Guy has a good turnover to assist ratio. Other than that, his has weak shot selection...he doesn't hit the glass and athleticism doesn't translate into his rebounding or defense. He's strictly a low efficiency scorer.

Tim Hardaway isn't consistent and if you followed his career, he disappears and reappears. You act like he's Carmelo Anthony freshman year in Syracuse. Stop writing generic hype adjectives to hype up a prospect you don't know anything about.

I bet you Tim Hardaway Jr. doesn't average 10 points per game this season...so stop hyping him up like he's going to. You look foolish.

Not close to looking foolish. You say the most outlandish crap and are proven wrong many times over and go on acting as if you have a clue. We'll see.. Again, his tangibles are that he's a good shooter w range and that he's got good physical tools as a SG. He also has good experience having played in big games. All of this points to why he was drafted by a pretty good GM higher than the guys you say we should've taken.

metrocard

Legend
Not close to looking foolish. You say the most outlandish crap and are proven wrong many times over and go on acting as if you have a clue. We'll see.. Again, his tangibles are that he's a good shooter w range and that he's got good physical tools as a SG. He also has good experience having played in big games. All of this points to why he was drafted by a pretty good GM higher than the guys you say we should've taken.

Even when I'm wrong, I'm right and I'm more right than I'm wrong at a higher percentage than you...how many bold predictions you made here that came true? zero. You're the same dickhead who thought we could win a NBA finals with a 37 year old Steve Nash at PG. You're as dumb as a 13 year old teenage Heat fan.

If I say something out landish, it could be joking or trolling just like when I was sporting the Bobcats. (Big Kemba Walker and Bismack Biyombo fan)

You don't even know what intangibles are...good shooter? Man, you're an idiot. Hustle, heart, and intensity which can make an average player good and a good player great...you haven't said a damn thing or showed any evidence Hardaway will bring this to the Knicks. If you got no evidence or facts, then shut your ass up.

A guy like Chuck Hayes, Kurt Thomas, Kawhi Leonard, Andrei Kirilenko possess intangibles.

Tim Hardaway is a streaky ass poor man's version of Allan Houston.

Theres a lot of college players who were preformed big in important NCAA games but did nothing significant in the NBA, your point holds no value.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Even when I'm wrong, I'm right and I'm more right than I'm wrong at a higher percentage than you...how many bold predictions you made here that came true? zero. You're the same dickhead who thought we could win a NBA finals with a 37 year old Steve Nash at PG. You're as dumb as a 13 year old teenage Heat fan.

If I say something out landish, it could be joking or trolling just like when I was sporting the Bobcats. (Big Kemba Walker and Bismack Biyombo fan)

You don't even know what intangibles are...good shooter? Man, you're an idiot. Hustle, heart, and intensity which can make an average player good and a good player great...you haven't said a damn thing or showed any evidence Hardaway will bring this to the Knicks. If you got no evidence or facts, then shut your ass up.

A guy like Chuck Hayes, Kurt Thomas, Kawhi Leonard, Andrei Kirilenko possess intangibles.

Tim Hardaway is a streaky ass poor man's version of Allan Houston.

Theres a lot of college players who were preformed big in important NCAA games but did nothing significant in the NBA, your point holds no value.

Read the bolded again and tell me you're not an idiot. Then I'll maybe start to think about giving you a shred of credit.

You're right though I tend to not make predictions. When i do i make it point to hedge some. You'll learn that at some point, prb not

metrocard

Legend
DJ Augustin shot 43% from 3pt his rookie season and average about 12 points and 4 assist off the bench and made Raymond Felton expendable in Charlotte when DJ won the starting job in 2011. You act like he's a bad player when he had one bad season under the Pacers an entirely new system and coach in comparison with the Bobcats. Augustin is solid as f*ck. 15 ppg 6 asp per 36 type player. Definately, he's not strong, but he got 3pt range, speed and passing skills. He hasn't even entered his prime yet, he will improve. He already put up numbers that Tim Hardaway Jr. will never dream about putting him, so as you d.ckride Timmy, you look foolish bringing up a superior player.

You're making yourself look really dumb right now.
Kawhi Leonard averaged 12 and 9 in the Mountain West....so because he didn't play in the Big Ten stopped him from being a force at SF? Leonard is one of the best young SF's in the world today and he didn't need to play in the Big Ten. The conference didn't make him, he brought intangibles and skills to the table such as rebounding, hustling, and bring a level of energy on defense and offense that makes him a two way player.

Most picks in the 20s are worthless? you're 100% wrong again.

Check out the guys that were picked in the 20s the last 10 years.

2011: #22 Kenneth Faried, #24 Reggie Jackson #25 Marshon Brooks #28 Norris Cole #30 Jimmy Butler even the #19 pick was Tobias Harris and #18 was Iman Shumpert

2010: #23 Trevor Booker, #27 Jordan Crawford #28 Greveis Vazquez #18 Eric Bledsoe #19 Avery Bradley

2009: #21 Darren Collison, #23 Omri Casspi, #25 Rodrigue Beaubois #26 Taj Gibson #29 Toney Douglas Jrue Holiday, Lawson and Teague were picked 3 picks before 20.

2008: #21 Ryan Anderson #22 Courtney Lee #23 Kosta Koufus, 24# Serge Ibaka, #25 Nicolas Batum, #26 George Hill, #27 Darrell Arthur

2007: #22 Jared Dudley #23 Wilson Chandler #24 Rudy Fernandez #26 Aaron Brooks #27 Arron Affalo #28 Tiago Splitter

2006: #21 Rajon Rondo #24 Kyle Lowry #25 Shannon Brown

2005: #21 Nate Robinson, #22 Jarrett Jack, #23 Francisco Garcia, #26 Jason Maxiell, #27 Linas Kleiza, #28 Ian Mahinimi, #30 David Lee

2004: #20 Jameer Nelson, #24 Delonte West, #25 Tony Allen, #26 Kevin Martin, #28 Beno Udrih

2003: #21 Boris Diaw, #25 Carlos Delfino, #27 Kendrick Perkins, #28 Leandro Barbosa, #29 Josh Howard

you couldn't be more wrong. A lot of quality starters and reserve players come from the 18-30s.

Expecting less is a loser mentality, you've had too much Isiah Thomas era corrupt your mind. We don't need to settle for low quality picks. Theres always a worthy player in the 20s.

My choice would of been Tony Mitchell to move Melo back to SF, not Franklin. Franklin is a better player than Hardaway but we don't need another guard. I rather the Knicks sign Delfino, Allen or Garcia to replace JR Smith. We already got our young SG in Shumpert. Hardaway won't develop playing behind Shump.

Dude, throughout this thread you've proven to be a dumbass who doesn't research his stuff and goes by what you are feeling or which ever player gives you the biggest boner, you probably think Tim has a cute goatee. You would make the Knicks a worse team than the Bobcats if you were GM. Atleast I back up my opinion with logic and facts, whether my prediction turns out to be right or wrong I always put up a strong argument and you can never take that away from me. You need to do your research and stop posting crap.

You started a thread yourself after the Gallo draft handing out grades. You wrote that you liked the pick, but personally had Augustine ranked higher on your board. Lol. Franklin was so highly thought of that he went 17 picks later... 11th in the 2nd round. Averaging 17 and 8 in the Mountain West is akin to averaging 12 and 4 in the big boy 10 conference. I don't love Hardaway nor am I hyping him up... Most picks in the mid 20s are worthless. I just say that we got decent value with our selection, that I believe there will be a roll for him and I understand why he was the choice. Were there better options, I have no doubt someone taken after us found a gem... But I don't see anybody who was light years ahead as the more obvious choice. You still won't commit to ONE player... Be a man... And we can solve this once and forevermore because it will be written in stone on this message board, so we can revisit this to gain clarity in future disagreements. You arent allowed to take the field and come back later and say 'I told you so.' I draft Hardaway... What bout you? Because even if Hardaway sucks, I want to see how your guy pans out. The latest post from you indicates Franklin is your choice. I imagine your sound research is that he will be good bc Leonard is good. Just like how you were hyping Ledo, a prospect Iimagine you never watched even participate in the three man weave drill. We get it... You don't like Hardaway... Fortunately for us Knick fans you don't get paid to make decisions or else Augustine and Randolph would be our dynamic duo.

metrocard

Legend
Read the bolded again and tell me you're not an idiot. Then I'll maybe start to think about giving you a shred of credit.

You're right though I tend to not make predictions. When i do i make it point to hedge some. You'll learn that at some point, prb not

That obviously went over your head.....how old are you? 16? or just some guy in his late 20s who never got to socialize much in life? Man you're dumb.

And just to be fair.. I challenge you to look thru this thread I started re Nash and tell me where I said anything bout needing him to help us get to the 'finals' or post where I said it somewhere else.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?12719-We-need-to-sign-Steve-Nash!&highlight=Nash

Good luck w that Mr " Melo is the new Glenn Robinson" lol. You are an idiota.

Ohhhh "you just f*cked yourself big time cabron" (scarface voice)

2u9izqt.jpg

and the cherry on top

r94e2o.png

Cliffnotes for those who don't want to read the thread:

1. Rono wanted to trade Iam Shumpert for Steve Nash. Shumpert was 20 years old at the time and didn't even get his chance as the Knicks youngest player, a two way athlete who can impact the floor defensively and offensively.
2. Rono wanted Steve Nash over Chris Paul.
3. Rono believed Nash would help bring the Knicks a championship over the Miami Heat
4. Rono thought Kwame Brown would be the Knicks defensive enforcer.

You're a clown, for even challenging me.

The Melo = Glen Robinson thread was a classic thread. A lot of great arguments from both sides were put up, especially by me since I supported both sides. It's clear I wanted Melo to play at his best and the thread was made towards his play as a 20 ppg scorer playing no defense and shooting 40% FG when he started the 2011-12 season.

With you, you put up no argument. Your opinions are weak and not valid or backed up by facts/sources.
For you to challenge me or critique me is comical since you're one of the weakest posters when here when it comes to debates.
Theres a reason why I win the Tyson award on this forum the last 6-7 years. I'm a beast.

Understand this, no one is right all the time. We all have our moments when we turn out to be wrong and thats okay. But when you reject to accept it, you look foolish and very small in the male genital area. I accept my moments when I turned out to be wrong and it's a growing process. You're still not developed and you're very stubborn. Grow up and stop denying things like a female.

metrocard

Legend
I'm the Dick Grayson of this debate ish. I will investigate and expose anyone who dares challenges me. You guys took a L and anything else you say after this will be meaningless.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Did I say anything there in that screenshot re needing Nash to get to the finals?? You sir are making things up. You are a liar and you haven't exposed anything.

Be careful w posting screen shots cause two can play that game. And if you are going to do that at least back up what you said I said re Nash. You always move the goal post. Try to back up what you say.

1. Trading Iman for Steve Nash at that time was plausible considering the season Nash had just come off of and the fact Shump was still an unknown entity.

2. I have never said I wanted Nash over CP3. Never ever never lol. You're a liar. I've been the biggest proponent of getting CP3 since I joined the forum and you of all people know that, atleast you should smh.

3. Already proved this was a lie. Now you say "help us get to the championship". Yes i believed he could've helped us if we still had MDA and Amare and Melo we're healthy. I never said anything re getting to the finals, or helping us get to a championship as you're saying now. Metro, I'm careful not yo say certain things. Don't try to misportray what I've posted. That is what is happening here. I know when to hedge.

4. Kwame Brown could've been effective in a platoon of bigs. On a team w a good PG and a healthy Amare and Melo he would be useful. He's still young. As we've seen re our bigs youth is necessary if you want to have healthy guys in April.

Try to spin your Glenn Robinson comparison all you want but it was just dumb. Same w you saying we shouldn't have traded for Melo.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Ripping the guy before he has a chance to play is what's bothering me, if there's one thing we learned from years for being around scouting and analysis -- is that numbers do in fact lie. Mike sweetney was considered a better prospect than amare how'd that turn out? The list goes on. And let's face the the chance of us landing a superstar in this draft was slim, but as do the cavs at the no.1 pick. However I do believe we found ourselves a staple in our rotation whether as a starter or an important piece off the bench. Its not the skill alone that makes me feel that, its the traits that he possesses. 1 he's a winner, 2. He put the team first ahead of individual numbers. 3. He's a worker his teammates and coaches all rave about his desire and will and the competitiveness each and every game.

Isn't that all we can ask for? Again, I don't see him as a superstar or allstar but I do see him becoming an important piece to our puzzle who can score when called upon. I see an Aaron afflalo mold of player.