Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tim Hardaway Jr.

Can we just let the kid play first?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    His scoring won't translate to the NBA. Easy to defend.
    Glad you're so confident. You're setting yourself up for failure if he pans out.

Bottom line is the Hardaway has tangibles that will translate well in the league. He's a knockdown shooter, who's also athletic and can put the ball on the floor. He's played in big games under pressure and is well coached and coachable.

He's a player to place bets on.

Here is food for thought, just watched that Grunny vid...

Hardaway was up on their list probably Top 15/Top 20...

He made it clear that Tim Jr. wasn't projected as their #24 selection...

How high did they have him, and why did he drop so far...

Maybe other teams decided on cap relief moves by selecting international players that might not be willing to leave and come play right away... A move to grab someone, so they can financially keep their roster, improve it through free agency or be able to trade without going over the luxury tax...

So it comes down too:

Can he start right away, my opinion is no -- but that is why they have the summer league and training camp with preseason to possibly transform this kid into a viable piece of the rotation... I would be shocked if he started, but he does have an high IQ, he has loads of athleticism that could be utilized by the right coaches... Do we have the right coaching regime to bring out the best in him??? or Will it take time for him to grow into a viable NBA player???

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Glad you're so confident. You're setting yourself up for failure if he pans out.

Bottom line is the Hardaway has tangibles that will translate well in the league. He's a knockdown shooter, who's also athletic and can put the ball on the floor. He's played in big games under pressure and is well coached and coachable.

Yes he has tangibles but he isn't a knockdown shooter, he needs to work on his consistency... Yes he is athletic and can put the ball on the floor... Here is the main thing, they believe he is hard worker and a student of the game...

Hopefully they will be able to teach and elevate his game by season's start...

No Hardaway def won't start right away. He has the physical tools and skillset to do so eventually though.

IMO he is a guy that can stretch the defense with his shooting. He shot high 30's throughout his college career. Teams will have to respect him and I think he will get even better. Prob better to call him a gd volume 3 pt shooter. We will see.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Can we just let the kid play first?
    Best post thus far!!!

we have booed picks only to be pleasently surprised

weve applauded future busts on draft night

many draft experts on the forum cried out loud for us drafting Shump over Brooks two years ago

We got to wait and see

Starting to grow on me! Like how he conducts
    himself, Steve Smith brought up a good point about him possessing the ability to score more than he did at college but played within the system

Somewhere between Chicago Ben Gordan and Aaron Affalo type player not a superstar but ability to give a team a lift

Originally Posted by metrocard
    If JR leaves, there are guys like Delfino, Garcia and Tony Allen to replace JR who would of been better fits than JR and especially a weak talent like Timmy.

You say he was one of the best, but you prove no information behind it. He's a low efficiency player.

Prigioni is good money. Knicks still needed a young PG. Felton is going to be 30 and he isn't that good to be begin to have him run the show.

CJ Leslie is athletic, but raw offensively and defensively. Those kind of players never see more than 20 minutes a game in the NBA.

Mitchell was a PF prospect who Knicks shown somewhat in an interest in, he would of contributed right away with his rebounding and hustle. Adjusting to scoring in the NBA isn't an automatic thing. Kevin Durant's rookie season he shot 40% and below 30% from 3pt land. It takes time. Do we have enough time to wait for a guy who was low efficiency scorer in college? Scoring is really the only thing Hardaway does and he doesn't do it well. Average at best.

Jimmy Butler was a defensive player who develop his jump shot and handle, just like Leonard did. Brooks was a nut scorer, who's offensive game is pretty good. They're both good players, Butler is overrated by Bull fans but Butler impacts the game not by scoring but his with all around activity. Hardaway has never been that kind of player, thus making it pointless in bringing it up.
    I am through with this conversation because you just lost me here... First you say we should've taken Bullock, then Ledo, then Franklin, and now you say Mitchell? Yeah, just what Knicks need... Another PF... because after Melo and Amar'e and maybe Martin... There are tons of minutes to hand out to another PF.

Truth is... Almost 20 hours later... You still can't decide what direction to go in.

You say there are free agents to be had that can shoot... I say there are free agents out there to be had with size who can rebound. You call for Mitchell but Grunny grabbed CJ instead.

Franklin could not start on his team as a freshman... Ledo wasn't eligible to play this season, Mitchell quit on his team.... All 3 players had to wait until the second round. Who cares about these guys?

This pick comes down to Hardaway or Bullock (and maybe Crabbe if we wanted a shooter). I hope we guessed right. Since you loved that bust Antony arandolph, and since you ranked DJ Augustine ahead of Lawson and Gallinari... I think I am cool with disregarding your opinions, which you pawn off as dogmatic facts.

Hardaway will prove a lot of haters wrong. Only a fool was expecting much from this pick anyway. So be a man and pick a prospect and declare that's the guy you would have taken. Otherwise you are just upset bc we didn't grab Lebron James with the 24th pick.

also, I am not in love wit tis either. I would prefer the guy with the highest ceiling regardless... But I haven't seen Crabbe or Franklin or Mitchell or Ledo enough... I don't trust our front fife either. I wanted Faired over Shumert though.... So what do I know really?
    Last edited by mafra; Jun 28, 2013 at 18:07.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by New New York
    Starting to grow on me! Like how he conducts
    himself, Steve Smith brought up a good point about him possessing the ability to score more than he did at college but played within the system

Somewhere between Chicago Ben Gordan and Aaron Affalo type player not a superstar but ability to give a team a lift
    No where close.

He doesn't shoot like Gordon or create shots like Gordon
    Doesn't defend like Affalo.

12th man

We should of taken a lot of players over Hardaway Jr.
    Melo is a SF.
    Amare plays best at C.
    Martin is a PF but can only play 22-24 minutes per game.
    Outside of Chandler/Martin we lack rebounders.
    Mitchell is been a perfect fit.

Players like CJ Leslie never pan out in the NBA. Their athleticism is nice, but they can never find a role in the league. the most successful tweener skinny athletic SF/PF is Hakim Warrick and he's a sub 20 minute per game player at best. I'm not expecting much from Leslie. Rebounding PF's always have a place in the NBA, look at Reggie Evans...guy made a career off of the glass.

Franklin didn't start because Kawhi Leonard was leading the Aztecs to a 34-3 season and captured the #seed in the NCAA Tourney. The following year, Franklin won Mountain West player of the year averaging 17 and 8 (better than any season Timmy has posted) and he lead a team low in talent to the 6th seed in the NCAA Tourney. He's an interesting prospect since he can do things most SG's can't do.

I never ranked Augustin over Lawson or Gallo. You can tell you're lying about that because Lawson and Augustin weren't even in the same draft. Either way, it makes me look good because Lawson and Gallo were guys I sported before the draft and they turned out to be good players.
    Randolph > Tim Hardaway by a mile. I can't even assess your opinion because you're being a cheerleader for the Knicks staff. Whatever they do you approve. Theres no critical thinking or having your own developed opinion. Mindless.

Originally Posted by mafra
    I am through with this conversation because you just lost me here... First you say we should've taken Bullock, then Ledo, then Franklin, and now you say Mitchell? Yeah, just what Knicks need... Another PF... because after Melo and Amar'e and maybe Martin... There are tons of minutes to hand out to another PF.

Truth is... Almost 20 hours later... You still can't decide what direction to go in.

You say there are free agents to be had that can shoot... I say there are free agents out there to be had with size who can rebound. You call for Mitchell but Grunny grabbed CJ instead.

Franklin could not start on his team as a freshman... Ledo wasn't eligible to play this season, Mitchell quit on his team.... All 3 players had to wait until the second round. Who cares about these guys?

This pick comes down to Hardaway or Bullock (and maybe Crabbe if we wanted a shooter). I hope we guessed right. Since you loved that bust Antony arandolph, and since you ranked DJ Augustine ahead of Lawson and Gallinari... I think I am cool with disregarding your opinions, which you pawn off as dogmatic facts.

Hardaway will prove a lot of haters wrong. Only a fool was expecting much from this pick anyway. So be a man and pick a prospect and declare that's the guy you would have taken. Otherwise you are just upset bc we didn't grab Lebron James with the 24th pick.

also, I am not in love wit tis either. I would prefer the guy with the highest ceiling regardless... But I haven't seen Crabbe or Franklin or Mitchell or Ledo enough... I don't trust our front fife either. I wanted Faired over Shumert though.... So what do I know really?

12th man

Originally Posted by ronoranina

Theres no proof to this. What intangibles? Guy has a good turnover to assist ratio. Other than that, his has weak shot selection...he doesn't hit the glass and athleticism doesn't translate into his rebounding or defense. He's strictly a low efficiency scorer.

Tim Hardaway isn't consistent and if you followed his career, he disappears and reappears. You act like he's Carmelo Anthony freshman year in Syracuse. Stop writing generic hype adjectives to hype up a prospect you don't know anything about.

I bet you Tim Hardaway Jr. doesn't average 10 points per game this season...so stop hyping him up like he's going to. You look foolish.

12th man

Draft Express NCAA Junior Rankings

#Player1[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    21 years old, Junior
    6' 4" 213lbs.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    2[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    22 years old, Junior
    7' 0" 234lbs.
    3[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    23 years old, Junior
    6' 11" 230lbs.
    4[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    21 years old, Junior
    6' 5" 191lbs.
    5[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PG
    22 years old, Junior
    6' 5" 189lbs.
    6[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    21 years old, Junior
    6' 6" 197lbs.
    7[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PF/C
    21 years old, Junior
    6' 9" 249lbs.
    8[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SF
    22 years old, Junior
    6' 7" 200lbs.
    9[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SF/PF
    22 years old, Junior
    6' 9" 209lbs.
    10[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PG
    22 years old, Junior
    6' 0" 160lbs.
    11[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PF
    22 years old, Junior
    6' 9" 215lbs.
    12[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PF
    21 years old, Junior
    6' 8" 223lbs.
    13[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    20 years old, Junior
    6' 5" 197lbs.
    14[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    22 years old, Junior
    6' 5" 190lbs.
    15[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PG
    22 years old, Junior
    5' 11" 177lbs.
    16[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SF/PF
    21 years old, Junior
    6' 7" 220lbs.
    17[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PF
    22 years old, Junior
    6' 9" 210lbs.
    18[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    21 years old, Junior
    6' 6" 185lbs.

From DraftExpress.com[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12th man

Top 100 Prospects
    This Ranking was last updated on Mon Jun 17th at 04:41:49 PM
    # Player
    1 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    20 years old, Sophomore
    7' 1" 255lbs.
    2 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    19 years old, Freshman
    7' 0" 206lbs.
    3 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    21 years old, Junior
    6' 4" 213lbs.
    4 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PG
    20 years old, Sophomore
    6' 1" 187lbs.
    5 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    20 years old, Freshman
    6' 5" 189lbs.
    6 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PF
    20 years old, Freshman
    6' 7" 239lbs.
    7 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SF
    20 years old, Sophomore
    6' 9" 198lbs.
    8 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PG/SG
    21 years old, Senior
    6' 3" 197lbs.
    9 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SF
    18 years old, International
    6' 9" 196lbs.
    10 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PF/C
    20 years old, Sophomore
    7' 0" 230lbs.
    11 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SF
    20 years old, Freshman
    6' 6" 222lbs.
    12 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PG
    21 years old, Sophomore
    6' 6" 184lbs.
    13 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PG
    19 years old, International
    6' 2" 165lbs.
    14 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    23 years old, Junior
    6' 11" 230lbs.
    15 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    22 years old, Junior
    7' 0" 234lbs.
    16 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    23 years old, Senior
    7' 0" 238lbs.
    17 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    19 years old, Freshman
    7' 0" 255lbs.
    18 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    21 years old, International
    7' 2" 238lbs.
    19 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PG
    20 years old, Sophomore
    5' 11" 171lbs.
    20 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SF
    19 years old, International
    6' 7" 197lbs.
    21 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    20 years old, Sophomore
    6' 6" 204lbs.
    22 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PG/SG
    22 years old, Senior
    6' 3" 178lbs.
    23 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    21 years old, Junior
    6' 5" 191lbs.
    24 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    20 years old, International
    7' 0" 220lbs.
    25 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] C
    23 years old, Senior
    7' 0" 222lbs.
    # Player
    26 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PG
    22 years old, Senior
    6' 5" 196lbs.
    27 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SF
    22 years old, Junior
    6' 7" 200lbs.
    28 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG
    21 years old, Junior
    6' 6" 197lbs.
    29 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] PF
    21 years old, Sophomore
    6' 9" 236lbs.
    30 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SF
    22 years old, Senior
    6' 6" 211lbs.
    31 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] SG

From DraftExpress.com[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You started a thread yourself after the Gallo draft handing out grades. You wrote that you liked the pick, but personally had Augustine ranked higher on your board. Lol. Franklin was so highly thought of that he went 17 picks later... 11th in the 2nd round. Averaging 17 and 8 in the Mountain West is akin to averaging 12 and 4 in the big boy 10 conference. I don't love Hardaway nor am I hyping him up... Most picks in the mid 20s are worthless. I just say that we got decent value with our selection, that I believe there will be a roll for him and I understand why he was the choice. Were there better options, I have no doubt someone taken after us found a gem... But I don't see anybody who was light years ahead as the more obvious choice. You still won't commit to ONE player... Be a man... And we can solve this once and forevermore because it will be written in stone on this message board, so we can revisit this to gain clarity in future disagreements. You arent allowed to take the field and come back later and say 'I told you so.' I draft Hardaway... What bout you? Because even if Hardaway sucks, I want to see how your guy pans out. The latest post from you indicates Franklin is your choice. I imagine your sound research is that he will be good bc Leonard is good. Just like how you were hyping Ledo, a prospect Iimagine you never watched even participate in the three man weave drill. We get it... You don't like Hardaway... Fortunately for us Knick fans you don't get paid to make decisions or else Augustine and Randolph would be our dynamic duo.

Chad Ford also ranked Franklin higher (19)... Knicks did reportedly consider him... They went in another direction. What can you do? Cry like a teenage girl about it? I'm still pissed we traded Ewing, Crawford and Randolph, that we signed Curry. Franklin might prove to be the better player... But if that is the case... Then more than half the other NBA teams made the same mistake as well. Grunny felt Hardaway was the better shooter.... That is what he deemed of value at 24. Only way to figure out if he was right is to play the games. I personally haven't watched enough of him to get a feel one way or another. But I do know if he is another Leonard, then he would not have fallen to the 41st slot.