Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nets Land Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce

Superstar

We cannot win on this one. To the extent it is a bad move by Brooklyn, it is a good move for Boston. The Celtics are probably out of the picture for a couple of years at least. They will surely be lottery next year, but that will give them a chance for Wiggins or some other impact player in the very strong 2014 draft. They will have 9 first round draft picks over the next five years. Brooklyn is plainly in a win now mode, but they will have paid a price we Knick fans know well.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    We cannot win on this one. To the extent it is a bad move by Brooklyn, it is a good move for Boston. The Celtics are probably out of the picture for a couple of years at least. They will surely be lottery next year, but that will give them a chance for Wiggins or some other impact player in the very strong 2014 draft. They will have 9 first round draft picks over the next five years. Brooklyn is plainly in a win now mode, but they will have paid a price we Knick fans know well.
    It could also b looked at new HC Jason Kidd (and assistant-coach KG & Pierce) building a "new-system" that successfully works for HC Kidd the next 4 seasons.

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    I want rondo. Is t.c. and Felton enough?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    hmm... that would be interesting but I dunno if Boston will deal him to us...

Rondo, Lee and Fab for Felton, Chandler, and Novak = works for me...

The Nets have become a poor man's version of last season's Lakers. They have an overrated PG who hasn't proven that he could carry a team in the playoffs, a borderline all-star big man who can't average more than 7 rebs a game, 3 past their prime players who are one major injury away from retiring, and a guy who has never coached one game of professional basketball in his life. I am predicting it now, the Nets will win 45-50 games next season and will lose in the second round to either Chicago, Indiana or Miami.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I am predicting it now, the Nets will win 45-50 games next season and will lose in the second round to either Chicago, Indiana or Miami.
    Since you didn't include the Knicks i'm assuming they will be losing in the first round...